NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

NFL Offseason 2020

Post by pdub »

Chiefs have the 32nd draft pick.
Rumors are they want to keep Sammy.
I'd rather them look longterm, realize Mahomes is going to absorb a lot of their cap space, and build with young players.

Linebacker/cornerback in the draft please.
Deleted User 141

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by Deleted User 141 »

They should dump any expensive receivers. Take chances with one at 32 or wherever they are in round 2. So many receivers out there this year, and if they hit, they do in reverse what Mahomes has allowed last three years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If they just can't see a way they can sign both Jones and Mahomes, I think they could be proactive and deal Jones before next season.

I'd like them to try and resign Fuller.

If Swift ( RB ) from Georgia falls to KC, do we consider him?
I'm not that big a fan of spending high picks on running backs but Swift is pretty damn good and can catch passes.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, they're going to have to draft really well with Mahomes/Jones/Clark/Mathieu etc taking up big cap hits.

Sammy will either have to structure contract differently, or he won't be with KC. He'll be released.

I think KC signs both Mahomes and Jones this offseason to long term deals. And they should do what NE did for years. Trade back and stockpile picks rounds 2-5. You can find multiple starters in those rounds.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

If window is open in their eyes (most certainly is), can jones be franchised?

Or if they think he is gonna be problematic and unsignable anyway, transition tag him.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. He's either gonna get a long term deal with KC or tagged either with franchise or transition.

KC is not going to let him just walk. He'll either be a Chief in 2020, or Chiefs will get significant compensation if they trade him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

I’ve read a couple articles about Henry and Titans position with him.

It’s not a satisfying thought process as a fan.

My guess for Jones is he is gone. Or one year franchise tag, to try to repeat.

The fact the players union is so weak to allow the tags in first place is astounding. In line with Geezer’s statement about paying the owners too much.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

In a perfect world the Chiefs would sign Jones to a record breaking deal and that would be that. Saddled with the future of potentially doing that twice I might consider moving Jones in an other wise weak draft and FA d-line year.

Jones is elite rushing the passer but still struggles against the run. I'm not to sure if you can pay him the money he wants or will get in the open market for a guy that hasn't been healthy consistently and is prone to lapses against the run.
Holidaysmore - 2005
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Can't see them keeping Watkins after drafting Hardman last year.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Watkins restructuring makes sense. Winning and building a legacy is where he is at in his career. I think Mahomes wants him back. And that is a big deal.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Watkins is pretty simple. Either he restructures or he doesn't.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Sammy can take 8M/yr or he can move on. Not worth any more than that to KC
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Sammy said that he didn't know if he was playing again.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If Sammy decides to take a year off are the Chiefs still on hook for his salary? Partial?
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

how is myles garrett gonna be allowed to play again?

shameful by the nfl

there’s talk of 6-8 game suspension
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think his suspension should last into the season but he should definitely be allowed to play next season.
Deleted User 141

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 am how is myles garrett gonna be allowed to play again?

shameful by the nfl

Because he’s really good at football. Chiefs ‘learned’ my from cutting Hunt not do do so with Hill.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:38 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 am how is myles garrett gonna be allowed to play again?

shameful by the nfl

Because he’s really good at football. Chiefs ‘learned’ my from cutting Hunt not do do so with Hill.
There's some truth in that...but the time of year (and, frankly, talent and replaceability) had something to do with it as well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

shameful by the nfl

If Burfict hasnt been banned from the NFL then no one will be. Garrett made a rash mistake but not one that deserves to have his career ended.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

8 games for swinging a helmet at another player’s un-helmeted head sets a scary precedent