Site Admin

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by pdub »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you guys are a joke

if native peoples are offended, that’s good enough for me

the organization did what it should have, and consulted those that are actually impacted by the appropriation

why anyone, unless you’re tone-deaf or callous to the plight of native peoples in this country, would take issue with the move is beyond me
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

gutter, ever get offended when jews are portrayed as caricatures?

or, could you understand why some jews might get offended?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Weve been over this numerous times. No one's going to change their opinion
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm Weve been over this numerous times. No one's going to change their opinion
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:36 pm you guys are a joke

if native peoples are offended, that’s good enough for me

the organization did what it should have, and consulted those that are actually impacted by the appropriation

why anyone, unless you’re tone-deaf or callous to the plight of native peoples in this country, would take issue with the move is beyond me
Trad - My being a joke or not, this was exactly what I said. "Big difference between honoring/respecting and mocking. I believe 99.75% of Chiefs fans who wear headdresses, paint their faces, do the chop, are in no way intentionally doing anything to be offensive and disrespectful".

I am all for being respectful and not being offensive. I happen to find NOTHING "offensive" about a team being named the Chiefs - as long as it's respectful. I know that's not what we are discussing but Native American team names has/have been a hot topic. Redskins = No Good. I agree.
Indians = ? Braves = ? Chiefs = ? Blackhawks = ? Warriors = ? Chippewas = ? Seminoles = ?

As far as people "celebrating" Native American Indian culture and wearing head-dresses or painting their faces, or doing the "chop", that's not up to me to make the decision if those things are offensive to Native American Indian people - or not.
If it is offensive - then by all means I have no problem if it's addressed.
What I do have a problem with is when it ultimately becomes a ban on people expressing themselves in an HONORABLE fashion - in terms of RESPECTING Native American Indian culture. Or how any fans express themselves in regards to their team's name/mascot. The biggest problem I foresee in the future is who ultimately gets to decide what is and isn't offensive and where do we draw the line/s?
Do I take "issue/s" with "the move" by the Chiefs organization? It's a fine line and I will say - yes and no. As I stated my reasons above.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:39 pm gutter, ever get offended when jews are portrayed as caricatures?

or, could you understand why some jews might get offended?
Do I get offended when Jews are portrayed as caricatures. Usually not unless it's purposely offensive.
Can I understand why some Jews might get offended? All depends on what is offending them.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Instead of calling it the Arrowhead Chop, call it the Kansas City Chop. Then the only ones offended will be cows.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:20 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:59 pm Weve been over this numerous times. No one's going to change their opinion
Racist assholes are always going to be racist assholes.

#Merica!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Good one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ravens get worse.
Earl Thomas off the team.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Earl Thomas, great player but clearly has too much gutter I him. Aka, mentally and emotionally unstable
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:07 pm Earl Thomas, great player but clearly has too much gutter I him. Aka, mentally and emotionally unstable
Some crazy butterfly effect shit with Thomas breaking his leg.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. He really spiraled downhill after that moment. And people honestly saw his true character in that moment.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I really can't blame ET for the 'middle' finger moment. You are angry, frustrated and probably in a state of shock so you act out. That was a caught up in the moment and emotion move. Now everything that has happened since he joined the Ravens seems to be more of the issue because up until the end of his time with the Seahawks his character was never an issue.

This to me has more to do with the Ravens being disappointed they overpaid for a safety whose skills are declining rapidly and finding a magical break to cut him without taking the full cap hit.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:33 am Yeah. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back. He really spiraled downhill after that moment. And people honestly saw his true character in that moment.
I also mean for the Chiefs. History is much different - who knows if better or worse - if he wouldn't have broken his leg (and would have ended up with the Chiefs).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah really crazy because he was going to join KC on a 2 year deal before Baltimore came in and dropped some serious dollars.

Hearing just some thoughts that KC should sign Thomas. Yeah, I wouldn't. Thornill is the real deep at FS and let's Badger hang around the line more where he feels more comfortable.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I trust the locker room and the culture. If he can help, I'm ok bringing him in.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

I think chiefs would cut bait super fast if ET became an issue. I mean we cut Hunt in a hot second in a super bowl chase, and probably cost us a ring. I wouldn’t mind a flyer on him, and hopefully a well-ran organization that seems to care about the players is just what he needs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:30 am I think chiefs would cut bait super fast if ET became an issue. I mean we cut Hunt in a hot second in a super bowl chase, and probably cost us a ring. I wouldn’t mind a flyer on him, and hopefully a well-ran organization that seems to care about the players is just what he needs.
I think you described about 6 franchises. The Chiefs being one, but the Ravens are that as well. Everything you hear about their franchise is top class.

I mean he shared practice film. That's a big no-no. Before that point, there was probably just going to be a suspension. There may not be much hope for him at this point.