AG William Barr, Trump's Personal Attorney

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

AG William Barr, Trump's Personal Attorney

Post by Shirley »

I'm not buying it. This is damage control, imo.

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/ ... ">February
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Re: AG William Barr, Trump's Personal Attorney

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

brOKEn.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pmbrOKEn.
I know this is your standard fare, but I really would like your opinion on this.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

On what?

Whether Barr is part of a grand conspiracy masterminded by a simpleton who can barely tie his shoes and yet has convinced countless career public servants to throw away their entire lives, as well as their entire lives' work, just...cuz?

Sure. Sounds plausible.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:26 pm On what?

Whether Barr is part of a grand conspiracy masterminded by a simpleton who can barely tie his shoes and yet has convinced countless career public servants to throw away their entire lives, as well as their entire lives' work, just...cuz?

Sure. Sounds plausible.
That's a start.

What other options were available to these public servants? I suppose they could have just stayed on board and weathered the storm. Are they heroes for doing this? Are they cowards?

Maybe I missed it on another thread, but I value your opinion and want to know if everyone on here is just over-reacting. Because it kinda seems like a really big fucking deal.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Are you talking about the prosecutors who resigned from the Stone case?

If so, I don't know for sure what is going on, but it's clearly more complicated than "ZOMG TruMP hAs COrrUPted tHE DOj!"

The problem is that we will probably never learn exactly what happened, and even if we do, it will make no difference to the reSiSTanCE, even if it's logical and exculpatory. All potential good faith has been depleted.

And frankly, the root cause of this depletion of good faith is far older and far deeper than Trump. Trump is the angry Republicans' response to it, not the cause of it.

It's all just so exasperating, in large part because it's become a case of fighting Trump by becoming Trump.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm Are you talking about the prosecutors who resigned from the Stone case?

If so, I don't know for sure what is going on, but it's clearly more complicated than "ZOMG TruMP hAs COrrUPted tHE DOj!"

The problem is that we will probably never learn exactly what happened, and even if we do, it will make no difference to the reSiSTanCE, even if it's logical and exculpatory. All potential good faith has been depleted.

And frankly, the root cause of this depletion of good faith is far older and far deeper than Trump. Trump is the angry Republicans' response to it, not the cause of it.

It's all just so exasperating, in large part because it's become a case of fighting Trump by becoming Trump.
Thanks. Good stuff.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sure. Sounds plausible.
Link?
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Sure. Sounds plausible.
That's a start.

What other options were available to these public servants? I suppose they could have just stayed on board and weathered the storm. Are they heroes for doing this? Are they cowards?

Maybe I missed it on another thread, but I value your opinion and want to know if everyone on here is just over-reacting. Because it kinda seems like a really big fucking deal.
I too value DC’s opinion. Especially when it’s sincere, and extra-specially when it brings the lulz.

but regarding whether “it kinda seems like a really big fucking deal,” meh.

Not to say that it doesn’t. It’s just that while these are big fucking deals that would define entire careers for anyone else, for this administration it’s just another Thursday.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

😂😂😂
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:39 pm Are you talking about the prosecutors who resigned from the Stone case?

lulz
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Just more gibberish.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:29 pm Just more gibberish.
Case in point.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You seem to make such creative excuses for Trump without ever saying what they are.
Sorry but Trump is owned by conservatives and stop blaming anything else. You own him.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It must be hard to sleep at night knowing how intensely disappointed 19 year-old Geezer would be with you.

Or maybe not.

Woulda been hard for him, though.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor