jfish26
Contributor

Re: AG William Barr, Trump's Personal Attorney

Post by jfish26 »

Swalwell is comporting himself well.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:25 pm Why is Hakeem Jefferies asking Barr about the corona virus response of Trump? LOL....this is a circus.
Agreed. What exactly is this for? It seems to be a random "Ask Barr anything" forum. Total waste of time.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:36 pm Swalwell is comporting himself well.
Swalwell could be a player in the coming years for the Dems. He's always sharp in these hearings, and probably my pick to take over for Feinstein if she ever decides to step down or die.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Swalwell could be a player in the coming years for the Dems. He's always sharp in these hearings, and probably my pick to take over for Feinstein if she ever decides to step down or die.
I agree.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cicilline doing a bang up job of grandstanding.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

NiceDC wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Careful, don’t suggest it’s Feinstein’s decision to die. This will give validation to the likes of Stella Immanuel.
Deleted User 318

Trump administration to send federal agents to Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... etroit-and

Troops to Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee, or in other words, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin Dem strongholds....
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Some people are stupid. But not all, or even most.

It seems insanely counterproductive to me to antagonize voters in states you need (and actually have a chance of getting, unlike Oregon).

If the Democrats can get the black vote to turn out, a ridiculous margin will result.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:38 am Some people are stupid. But not all, or even most.

It seems insanely counterproductive to me to antagonize voters in states you need (and actually have a chance of getting, unlike Oregon).

If the Democrats can get the black vote to turn out, a ridiculous margin will result.
I'll admit I don't know know the burbs and rural areas surrounding these three cities. However, I bet those citizens are stoked that this is happening. I venture to say it's going to do more to energize those folks than the folks actually being targeted.

Also, based on the line of questioning in Barr's hearing yesterday, Dems seem to think a lot of these invasions? are to create set pieces for campaign ads for Trump (and other Repubs). Like when Aerosmith calls out Town Topic while waiting for a set change at Camerohead, seeing protesters getting bashed in front of the Fox theater in Detroit invokes a certain feeling.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:42 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:38 am Some people are stupid. But not all, or even most.

I'll admit I don't know know the burbs and rural areas surrounding these three cities. However, I bet those citizens are stoked that this is happening. I venture to say it's going to do more to energize those folks than the folks actually being targeted.

Also, based on the line of questioning in Barr's hearing yesterday, Dems seem to think a lot of these invasions? are to create set pieces for campaign ads for Trump (and other Repubs). Like when Aerosmith calls out Town Topic while waiting for a set change at Camerohead, seeing protesters getting bashed in front of the Fox theater in Detroit invokes a certain feeling.
I think you will start to see people wise up to the game here (that clips of isolated "violent" events will be used to paint a much more dire picture).

As for the burbs/rural thing...I think, if that's the play, it relies on an outdated and now-faulty assumption. Trump's support among suburbanites, has plummeted. You're not going to turn many folks back to the right with stupid cosplay exercises.

I think that, among the many real issues Trump is facing, is that he's already mobilized about everyone that can be mobilized to vote for him. He doesn't have a lot of fertile, untapped pools of potential voters. And he's bleeding, badly, among groups that went his way last time.
Deleted User 318

You have a lot of faith in people doing the right thing here.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Only the best........
......best criminals!!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

For good measure, Trump tweeted a dissociative statement about never liking the idea, distancing himself with all that sweet grift in a way he never does. Two days later, Berman was "reassigning himself."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

bump