Re: Satellite Question

Post by ousdahl »

"sobered up, and decided no"

sounds like a euphemism for "pushing rope"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I attended a large, Midwestern university...
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I once posted brief comments, in rapid succession, on a series of topics on a message board. Then I sobered up. I think fondly of them and the emotional support they must provide to you to this day
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Once?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Literary license, so to speak.

You're a stickler
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh yeah!

Know what I forgot to do?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Went to the hospital last night bc the nurse lady thought I should over the phone. From everything I was reading i self diagnosed it was a pulled muscle causing tightness and problems breathing along with a viral infection. But still go. Apparently had juuuuuust over the treponin levels that the cardiologist at a nearby larger hospital wanted me to go there. Of course I couldn’t go with BUD in her car. Got be ambulance. Then cardio here suggests a catheter to inspect heart that has a 1 in 500 chance of heart failure or death. Naw dog. I’m good. Rest a while, blood pressure back to great levels, treponin at normal levels, new cardio says a couple more tests and mild levels of elevated treponin might not have to deal with a direct heart issue at all but my guess is a severe viral infection with a significant pulled chest muscle.

So a. I was very likely right and now we gotta pay this deductible because US healthcare costs are the worst in the modern world to confirm webMD searching
B. This other cardio wanted me to do a 16k procedure with a significant chance of death without waiting to see if maybe it wasn’t a heart attack? Wut?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

this is while I'll die early.

Fuck our healthcare system.

Im not paying to ride in your damn ambulance, nope, not gonna do it.

I have significant heart issues on both sides of my family, both grandfather's and 3 uncles have had major heart surgery in their 40s. It's on my mind often, when I get particularly uncomfortable chest pain (nit sure what from but I suspect pulled muscles, I've also had heartburn that manifests as chest pain) I just go keep going or go sit and wonder if it's my time now. I've driven myself to the hospital once when it was overly painful (turned out to be a temporary heart disrythmia? I guess) but it cost me too damn much. I guess I'll probably just keel over one day building a fence or chasing elk. I dunno, but I know I'm not the only one and it's a shame that we can't get our shit together and figure out a health care system thay doesn't bankrupt the user.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I also eat like shit during the week for lunch, whatever and whenever i can, quick easy nasty shit. that's gotta change, like, immediately.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I tried to say no, just let us drive, but they wouldn’t allow it. If BUD wasn’t there I woulda said ok I’m leaving and drove myself.

We have a fine HSA account but it still should be way way better and things should be way way cheaper so that people don’t turn down help because it’s so ridiculously overpriced.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is healthcare reform something we can all agree on?

Even on the satellite bored.

Let’s enjoy some common ground here.

Be well, you guys!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would think so.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I honestly don't know anyone, even the most hard core red ground trump flag owners that I know, that don't think our health care system is fucked. There may be varying reasons why they feel it's fucked, but everyone seems to think it's fucked.

So why can't it change? Because the rich men north of Richmond. Our politicians suck, all of them pretty much. Too much lobbying, too much bribing, too much money moving through those offices.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i believe your last sentence to be spot-on
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it's the only explanation for why nothing changes despite 90% of the people they "represent" wanting something to happen
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d say it’s maybe 90%

with something like healthcare, it would seem like there would be massive practical implications to changing the system as a whole…maybe i’m wrong tho
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

oh absoultely...it couldn't change overnight, and that's why it's so depressing. It will take years/decade? to move the process, and it.....hasn't started yet.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Obama did some work, we have to be partisan and admit that there. If you don’t have an income to afford a plan you can find a low cost one.

The issues are deductibles are still set so high they could bankrupt a family with one procedure. And prices of things fluctuate due to your insurance and just are so overpriced.

In a hospital bed all day today so lots of college football I guess. 7k to watch football.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yep, again...I wouldve walked away. And I'm aware that's stupid and will probably be my end. I can't help it, it's fing retarded what they get away with charging for shit, and how the insurance companies scam all of it on top of that.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Are you trying to tell me that a can of 7Up ISN’T worth $40?

What if it came with a Solo Cup and ice?