Post by TDub »

Malibu is awful

removing art off the walls in an air bnb is also awful
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Satellite Question

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I’m indifferent towards the people In Malibu. Many are tourists (like myself) and the locals range from complete assholes to some of the kindest most interesting people. Like many other places.
When someone says they don’t like “the people” in Malibu (or any other town/city) I have a feeling much of that is based on just a few interactions.

Traffic wise, I’m one of the few that doesn’t mind traffic - in and around Malibu. Of course a major part of that is I’m never in a hurry to get anywhere. Otherwise, yes, traffic can be a bitch.

I can/will agree “Architecture” in Malibu is lacking but I also find parts of Malibu to be amongst the most beautiful places in the country (that I have seen). That being said, I find it ridiculous that some of the houses on the beach/ocean look like shit and yet people happily pay millions to live in them. Which to me is crazy.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad trip pdub!!!!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Guess I always thought Malibu was a nice quiet beach community. I liked Jackie Treehorn’s house.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m sure if I was forced to stay in Malibu and the surrounding areas I would meet nice people. There were entitled people and jerks left and right. Wont stop at crosswalks in their cars. Cutting lines. Asking for the most particular orders off the menu. Rolling eyes at the sight of kids. Giving looks how we parked our car ( thought we didn’t give them room to back out—they had tons of room ). The people at the restaurant making comments. All of the above were separate incidents and only when we went out from the hotel…( not including any yikes from the people at the wedding ).

The only good people seemed to be the waiters on the trip…but being nice benefits them.

Also everything was expensive.
( none of this was unexpected )
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:05 am I’m sure if I was forced to stay in Malibu and the surrounding areas I would meet nice people. There were entitled people and jerks left and right. Wont stop at crosswalks in their cars. Cutting lines. Asking for the most particular orders off the menu. Rolling eyes at the sight of kids. Giving looks how we parked our car ( thought we didn’t give them room to back out—they had tons of room ). The people at the restaurant making comments. All of the above were separate incidents and only when we went out from the hotel…( not including any yikes from the people at the wedding ).

The only good people seemed to be the waiters on the trip…but being nice benefits them.

Also everything was expensive.
( none of this was unexpected )
Again, I am sincerely sorry you had those experiences in what I feel should be a laid back, not much stress, community.
Maybe this is just wishful thinking and I could very well be wrong but my guess is many of those people you had the bad experiences with are not from Malibu. That being said, I assume some probably were "locals" and no doubt some (many?) Malibu residents are assholes.
Meanwhile, I will always cherish the kindness and respect and appreciation a particular local (who is a well known actor) showed towards my ex and I.

I'm not a huge fan of Malibu because frankly I don't feel like I "fit in" there and maybe I am too self conscious of being a have not in the land of haves - but I do appreciate the beauty and tranquility.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:47 pm Live blog.
Disaster.
When I earlier asked for Heaven to help us all, Heaven must not have listened.

I’m just imaging a world where people listened to me and how much better it all would have been.

Aye, aye, aye! Image all the people, living life in peace, bruh.

I apologise for missing the most recent, (most important!) episodes of this saga. I applaud yr stamina, patience and yes, grace under fire. In a place of douchebags.

And yr BIL is still the D we thought he was.

Hat's off to you
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Survived.
Took a couple years off my life in the process.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:25 pm Survived.
Took a couple years off my life in the process.
Being forced to cool your heels in a hell-hole like Malibu CA, can do that to anyone.

#todayinfirstworldproblems
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’d rather have taken a trip to Lawrence Kansas.

Or hell, somewhere like Montreal or Halifax.

Or Nashville.
Or Mystic.
Or just start naming lots of places.
Including just staying here in Maine.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:51 pm I’d rather have taken a trip to Lawrence Kansas.

Or hell, somewhere like Montreal or Halifax.

Or Nashville.
Or Mystic.
Or just start naming lots of places.
Including just staying here in Maine.
I hear you. I hate having my time wasted.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Gutterism of the day regarding the previous subject matter....
If everything was great - then everything wouldn't be great.
While it sucks, sometimes we need shit in our lives to balance us and be able to appreciate the good things even more.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh, no doubt.

The positives are knowing I can take away from the experience that I was correct in my assumptions that A. I wouldn't like Southern California ( just not for me -- obviously personal preference ) and B. Don't travel across the country with 2 year olds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh man this place is trapped in 1980.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:45 pm Oh man this place is trapped in 1980.
where? do they have room for me?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1980 was a pretty good year for 99.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This place would be TDubs jam I think.
It’s also mine except last minute found out the wood stove can’t be used.

There’s a bunch of oil lamps all over the cabin so if we loose power, well, we can still see.

But if the power stays on I got a seven day trial of a 99 dollar a month FuboTV plan that has CBSSN so I’ll join y’all tomorrow.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:45 pm Oh man this place is trapped in 1980.
Where are you?

Having lived the last 43 years, if I knew in 1980 the next 43 years would be the 43 years they were for me, I probably would choose to be tapped in 1980.