Kicks

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Kicks

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:31 amFolks fungus facts.
And battlestar galatica?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TDub wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:17 am Look man, the stories great. They still ruined the shoe. I can think a shoe is ugly without being heartless regardleas of the cause.

They used the wrong canvas. You don't paint over picasso.
Totally respect your opinion and agree 100% about your ability to think the shoe is ugly without being heartless about/of the cause. My guess is if people walked in to a store without knowing the "story" about the shoes, they wouldn't think twice about NOT buying them.
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:20 am i’ll add to that, that if it is all about the cause then why don’t the people interested in the cause just donate out of the goodness of their hearts?
If you watched the broadcast last night you would have seen and heard that there were MANY people doing just that. People donating out of the goodness of their hearts without getting anything back other than the satisfaction of knowing they did as such.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

good to hear
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You can paint over Picasso if you're Picasso.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/02 ... ng-reveals
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:22 am That is a powerful story and great cause.
But it's still an awful looking shoe.
Fair enough. Your opinion is of course 100% valid. See my response to TDub.
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:37 am This program has garnered $30 million.

When do I get some of that? The handout generation.
I know! Those fucking kids get everything just handed to them. Including but not limited to things such as cancer and for some (one is too many) - eventual death.
Yes, I think (know) you were being facetious - and my response was harsh and snide. Sorry.

I have bought a bunch of pairs of shoes recently. I'm wondering how many of MY dollars that the shoe companies received are going to good causes and how many are going in the CEO's bank account. Wouldn't hurt for me to do the research - if I truly cared.
Which I probably should but shamefully admit I really don't.
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 am good to hear
Don't get me wrong - I completely agree with you and it's kind of a shame it took the broadcast for many of these people to make the donations.
I am embarrassed to admit I'm one of those people but that being said- I have donated to Doernbecher in the past without being "prompted" to do as such.
Deleted User 289

These days there are people who start lining up outside the Nike Store on Michigan Avenue about an hour before they open - not knowing if any "hot" shoes are going to be "released" for purchase.
In the past, (pre-covid) people could and would camp out overnight if they knew for sure something was dropping and the store was going to be selling that product.
Anyways, since Saturday - there have been long lines of people pre-opening because some desirable shoes "dropped" on-line - but then the Nike Store doesn't sell them to the public and people rightfully get annoyed.
Yesterday, unexpectedly, they sold some not too desirable shoes (Dunk Vast Grey). I got em.
Today, there were about 50 of us standing in line not really knowing what if anything "hot" they would sell.
A lady about my age maybe a little younger walks up to me and asks what are the Jordans that people are waiting in line for. I told her I wasn't sure if they would be selling anything new today but if they are - it would be the Jordan 4s that dropped on Saturday and then I showed her a picture.
She then called someone on the phone (child? husband? boyfriend?) and told them. She came back to me and asked me if they were AIR Jordans. People laughed and I kind of felt bad for her. I told her yes, Air Jordans.
Sure enough, they did "release" the Jordan 4s. She bought them. Someone then walked up to her and offered her $300 cash for the shoes. They were $220 after tax. She was throughly confused. I then explained to her that most people were buying the shoes to re-sell at a profit. That blew her mind. She asked me what she should do. I said, that's up to you and whoever you bought them for.
I told her it's a whole 'nother world these days in terms of sneaker and then said I'm not sure if I like it or not.
Probably not.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I'm sure you heard about the current Nike scandal going on with a Nike VP having to step down because her dumbass son couldn't keep his mouth shut and outed his resell business that was connected to her via a Business World article. That has the entire sneaker community on fire.

That and Marcus Jordan getting caught 'backdooring' a very, very limited Trophy Room release.

Things like this make really not enjoy shoes anymore. I buy what I buy and I enjoy more what I do have. Sentimental releases I will try and get but if I don't I really don't care. I refuse to stand in line for shoes and will not pay resell. Just not worth it for me when I already have 200+ shoes sitting in my closet.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

200?

jfc
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I have a lot of shoes. I've sold off more during the Pandemic so I might be under the 2 range now. Thinking about unloading a lot here soon.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

obviously it’s not for me, but i don’t necessarily have a problem with it

i just don’t think there is anything that i own 200+ of

when i was young i collected pencils from all the places i would visit (cheap and didn’t take up a lot of room)...maybe i got up to around 200, but i don’t think so
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have one pair of tennies, Addidas
One pair of black dress shoes
One pair of braun dress shoes.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:47 am obviously it’s not for me, but i don’t necessarily have a problem with it

i just don’t think there is anything that i own 200+ of

when i was young i collected pencils from all the places i would visit (cheap and didn’t take up a lot of room)...maybe i got up to around 200, but i don’t think so
check your cupboards, I bet you have 200+ or rice, peppercorns, maybe even ice cubes.

Don't be so quick to judge.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

you’re funny, kind of
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I've got over 30 pair of goodyear welted shoes. Image

I blame C&B for this.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:07 am I'm sure you heard about the current Nike scandal going on with a Nike VP having to step down because her dumbass son couldn't keep his mouth shut and outed his resell business that was connected to her via a Business World article. That has the entire sneaker community on fire.

That and Marcus Jordan getting caught 'backdooring' a very, very limited Trophy Room release.

Things like this make really not enjoy shoes anymore. I buy what I buy and I enjoy more what I do have. Sentimental releases I will try and get but if I don't I really don't care. I refuse to stand in line for shoes and will not pay resell. Just not worth it for me when I already have 200+ shoes sitting in my closet.
Yes, I thought I had posted about the Nike VP. It is a crazy story. Nike knew about her son since 2018 and were ok with it. The photos of the literal warehouse they have at their house are insane.
The classic is that supposedly the shit hit the fan when he used "bots" and bought $132,000 worth of ADIDAS shoes and he used his mother's NIKE (corporate) American Express credit card to do it - according to Bloomberg.

As far as Marcus, I'm laughing. The guy is one of the most hated people in the "shoe game" today.
I actually sent him a private email last week basically telling him that he and Trophy Room suck - but I was polite/respectful about it.
I sent them numerous emails with questions about products and they never responded.
What? My cash money isn't green enough for them?

I agree with you 100% that's it's difficult to enjoy shoes when it's such a fucking headache and game to try and get any "exclusive" merchandise these days.
Supreme released Nike Dunk Lows today and sure enough - they sold out instantly.
"Bots" and whomever sucking up all the pairs. "Re-selling" for $900 on StockX this morning.
I'll PASS on that!
Deleted User 89

who is getting a pair of nasx devil shoes?

human blood in the “soul”
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Pass, I'll stick to my plain ole Adidas.
Defense. Rebounds.