Kicks

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Kicks

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:53 pm I wonder what my 3 year old Adidas would bring. They're like size 11, white with black stripes and grass stains.
YOURS = Priceless. Adidas should put them on display in the entrance of their headquarters.
Some other schmuck with the same shoes - probably around $5.

I have some unworn size 11 shoes I would be happy to send to you - if you would wan't/wear them.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:09 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:53 pm I wonder what my 3 year old Adidas would bring. They're like size 11, white with black stripes and grass stains.
YOURS = Priceless. Adidas should put them on display in the entrance of their headquarters.
Some other schmuck with the same shoes - probably around $5.

I have some unworn size 11 shoes I would be happy to send to you - if you would wan't/wear them.
99, the cool thing about taking gutter up on this offer is there's a decent chance you get a pair of KU Athletics surplus, maybe even with a signature or something.

Of course, the scary thing about taking gutter up on this offer is there's a better chance you get a pair of shoes that a hobo discarded in a McDonald's garbage can.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i got some good shit from Gutter…he’s good peeps in my mind
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The feeling is mutual Trad.

Better chance 99 winds up with the scary things over the cool ones.

He just sent me a photo of his 3 year old Adidas. They look like blue stripes (not black) to me and I don't see any grass stains on them. Do you?

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gutter sent me a pair of KU sneakers once kind of a mid top with a Football pattern on the edge. pretty dang cool. I've moved like 6 times since then I need to find them and break them out.

gutters solid.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm Gutter sent me a pair of KU sneakers once kind of a mid top with a Football pattern on the edge. pretty dang cool. I've moved like 6 times since then I need to find them and break them out.

gutters solid.
This post sucks without pictures.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I have no doubt gutter is a good dude. Fancy kicks would be lost on 99. I don't get the fascination while understanding my interests are lost on others. Rock on kicks-philes.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:32 pm I have no doubt gutter is a good dude. Fancy kicks would be lost on 99. I don't get the fascination while understanding my interests are lost on others. Rock on kicks-philes.
I have fancy. I have dull. I have in-between. I know you don't need me to hook you up but I would be happy to send you a pair (wearable - in that they wouldn't be embarrassing) if you would like. We can/will discuss at another time.

I became interested in sneakers at an early age when Nike and Adidas first released shoes.
I'm pretty sure I had a pair of every shoe that Nike and Adidas released.
Today, if I had kept up on that and had the $ to do as such, I figure I would have what? With all the different styles, "colorways", etc., over 100,000 shoes if not closer to a half a million. Heck, maybe more.

I go through phases. I think during Covid I must have bought about 300-350 pairs and probably sold close to 250 of them. This past year, I bought maybe 50 pairs and sold 25 or so of them.

Biggest dilemma for me is deciding which pair/s to wear and when.

Today I can wear sneakers to work. Weather is perfect. I might break out a "special" pair but pretty much no one is in the office so the novelty of wearing a "special" pair loses its luster.
Tonight I am going to a HS Football game. I would break out a nice pair but my concern is their getting ruined. I laugh because sporting events and concerts and "social events" are typically when people like to break out their "grails" but then of course they tend to be places/events where shoes get damaged/ruined.
I have a friend who will wear $2000+ shoes in the rain and not care if they basically get ruined. He says, "Shoes are made to be worn". True, but $2000 isn't made to be flushed down the toilet either.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks for the offer but it would be lost on me. I have 3 pairs of shoes. Black dress, brown dress and my Adidas. I'll pick up a new pair of tennis shoes and the old ones will become yard work shoes.

I intend to buy a good pair of warm boots in the near future.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 am Thanks for the offer but it would be lost on me. I have 3 pairs of shoes. Black dress, brown dress and my Adidas. I'll pick up a new pair of tennis shoes and the old ones will become yard work shoes.

I intend to buy a good pair of warm boots in the near future.
Did someone say "boots"?

https://flic.kr/p/2oZk6kC
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Reagan made that suit look goooooooooood.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Speaking of kicks, WTF is Bill Maher wearing?

Is he a 6th grader in 1994?

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:27 pm Speaking of kicks, WTF is Bill Maher wearing?

Is he a 6th grader in 1994?

I don't understand it but to each their own.

"Triple B style"!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwvdHBox ... BiNWFlZA==
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.adidas.com/us/ku-ultraboost ... lsrc=aw.ds

KU Adidas Ultraboost 1.0 on sale today for $60 off. Merry Christmas to me...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Got those last Xmas.
Coulda used a heel loop/tab.
Good fit though. The little tie on things are silly. Jayhawk should be in both soles.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:16 pm https://www.adidas.com/us/ku-ultraboost ... lsrc=aw.ds

KU Adidas Ultraboost 1.0 on sale today for $60 off. Merry Christmas to me...
I appreciate you pointing that out, my new pair of dress kicks*.

*They'll always be tennis shoes to me

dammit
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Looks like a very slightly different version than last years.
They added a heel loop.
Good on them.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

are these basketball shoes?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

No.
I wear em to very casual things or to the grocery store/chores.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:37 pm are these basketball shoes?
No, they are basically socks with rubber soles. I can't imagine you could do much athletically in them, even running. I tried on a pair at the local sporting goods just to see what size to buy. Glad they have the heel loop as the entry to them is super snug.