Rodeo

Other Sports.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Rodeo

Post by TDub »

Hell yea. Id go but i already drove 7 hrs today to pick up a dog. Now hes barking at me because he slept the whole ride home.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

round 5 NFR, halfway night.

ill be by the fire drinking a couple buckskins if anyone's bored. Id be at the shack but pdub kicked my carnival out because someone else might show up some day and order a beer.

I think he was just worried it might bring a few people in and he'd have to serve too many buckets.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

cap off a great Saturday with Championship Saturday at the NFR!
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Waverly, Kansas kid just won rd 10 and the average in bareback broncs...took 2nd in the world
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Stetson Wright is just on a whole nother level....fuckin amazing rodeo cowboy.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:13 pm Stetson Wright is just on a whole nother level....fuckin amazing rodeo cowboy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXXhIjJNoJh ... =copy_link
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:05 pm
TDub wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:13 pm Stetson Wright is just on a whole nother level....fuckin amazing rodeo cowboy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXXhIjJNoJh ... =copy_link
hell yea! last ride of the saddle bronc, won the round, which gave him enough earnings to beat out his brother for the world title.

also won all around. Stud. 600k in earnings in a year aint bad. The Wright family is a bronc riding dynasty.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

I know nothing about rodeo but that saw that video during the scroll and had to post it for you.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

oh yea, I watched it live, by my portable fire pit in front of the sat shack parking lot since pdub banished my rodeo ways from the bar.

no jazz, now no rodeo.....im starting to think the sat shack is gonna turn into boat shoes and khaki shorts kinda place....
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

atta boy Bill
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Stetson Wright is insane. He wins everything. He's going to mentioned with the likes of Lane Frost, Tuf Heideman and Jim Sharp etc.....except hes only 23 AND he's also an annual contender for the Saddle Bronc Title as well. Just amazing, very talented.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not to keep beating the same drum here but...

After 6 rounds at the NFR Stetson has a very realistic shot at a Saddle Bronc world Title AND a bullriding world Title.

plus he's already got the All Around title locked up and very possible could get the top gun purse too. Dude is just killing it. Never seen anything like what he's doing the last few years.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he’s no Luke Perry…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lol
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Spur action on the bronc was incredible.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Damn, Stetson is just a machine. Continues to amaze.

Even better to appreciate the talent in person. He rides broncs and bulls as well as just about anyone I've ever seen....and definitely the best I've ever seen live.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sage Kimzey might have ridden bulls smoother....maybe. But Stetson just straight up wins. He seems to cover everything.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:50 pm Sage Kimzey might have ridden bulls smoother....maybe. But Stetson just straight up wins. He seems to cover everything.
What station is this on?

I could be wrong, but "Stetson" sounds like a non-hispanic, caucasian name, to me.

When my wife was ill and that and Covid left us with often little to do but watch TV, we started watching professional rodeo, especially the bull riding. That was several years ago but what I quickly learned was that the Brazilians appeared to be dominating the sport.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas