COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Shirley »

Vega wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:50 am My general symptoms I posted are pretty much the same. I will say, I wasn't prepare for whatever is going on in my lungs themselves. That's when I realized something was different. I can feel something inside them, and it pools up like I said in certain positions.

Take care of yourselves.
Shortness of breath is common with COVID-19. Transudates and exudates, aka., "fluid on the lungs", are common in people who develop severe pneumonia with their COVID-19 viral infection, and it's usually bilateral. You don't sound like someone with that severe a case*, but without a CT scan, it would be hard to know.

*Not to be considered a medical evaluation, or medical advice.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

(files away so wife can sues when she finds me dead, that the good doc said I was a-ok)

Just curious, generally, does my lung issues being worse laying on my back mean anything. I really struggled during my peak to lay back at all. However, if I was on my stomach like below, I felt 10x better. It was very weird to me.

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

This is where I really miss Lobster. I know he'd be giving you great advice right now.

Hope you get better soon, Vega.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

defixione wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 am I just heard from a friend who has a friend in the National Guard that they have been put on alert and are expecting to be sent out to control the containment that Kelly will be putting on Kansas.
My sister oversees what is an essential service. Kansas govt. just gave her a sticker for her car in the event of a shutdown. Said it could come as soon as Monday.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Pretty wild that the Missouri-side counties will not do that, or at least for a while, such that the metro will be cleaved in two on this.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:30 pm Pretty wild that the Missouri-side counties will not do that, or at least for a while, such that the metro will be cleaved in two on this.
Parsons is a different cat than Laura Kelly. And Quinton.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Yep. Will be interesting to see whether the Liberty, Lee's Summit and Park Hill schools follow the Kansas schools (as they typically do), or the other local Missouri schools.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Just seems like simple math.

Kids aren't going back to school unless they cancel summer break. Which is also not happening.
shindig

Post by shindig »

So finally broke down and ordered a 30 pack of TP from Amazon. Was seriously just tired of never finding it. Sad times we live in now when you start to panic over TP. Fvck this shit.

I'll never survive a true apocalypse. I guess now I need to think about buying a gun. Thoughts?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:50 pm Just seems like simple math.

Kids aren't going back to school unless they cancel summer break. Which is also not happening.
Oh I 100% agree that's where this is headed. It's just a matter of how much uncertainty and damage we allow on the way to that point.

#microcosm
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:02 pm This is where I really miss Lobster. I know he'd be giving you great advice right now.

Hope you get better soon, Vega.
Like...cover up, you filthy whore?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 pm
defixione wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:12 am I just heard from a friend who has a friend in the National Guard that they have been put on alert and are expecting to be sent out to control the containment that Kelly will be putting on Kansas.
My sister oversees what is an essential service. Kansas govt. just gave her a sticker for her car in the event of a shutdown. Said it could come as soon as Monday.
Ala California?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:23 pm
Just had a conference call about this very thing this afternoon. I’m in banking and my wife in medical care. Have a feeling we’ll both have a sticker very soon.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Color me skeptical about the National guard doing anything but supplies and healthcare.

Healthcare would be silly because of who the medical branch is made up of. Silly to pull one doctor from a hospital and put him in a tent.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 is on her way to work. There is one patient who tested positive on her floor. They are in a negative pressure room. The hospital is rationing masks. They need a yellow one to go into this person's room. They requisition masks from Materials. They get fewer boxes of masks than what they requisitioned. Mrs 99 relayed to following conversation.

Mrs 99; Where are the three boxes of yellow masks we requisitioned?
Materials; We sent up two boxes and gave them to the charge nurse, Mrs 99.
Mrs 99; I'm the charge nurse and my name is Mrs 99 and you didn't give any to me.
Materials; uhm
Mrs 99; did you look at the name tag of the person you gave the masks to?
Materials; uhm

I'd just like to thank all those who are hoarding masks.
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Tales from old people hour at Hy-Vee this morning.
Minhin and I arrive at 7:55 to a nearly full parking lot and lines out both doors.
I swear more people in the store than any time that I have been there. The store is undergoing major remodeling and only had 4 register lines open. Lines were maybe 6-7 deep at each one. No paper goods to speak of, No hand sanitizer, no clorox or lysol wipes, low on hamburger but you could get some.
Screw old people hour, less human contact in the afternoon.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm I'd just like to thank all those who are hoarding masks.
The Chinese?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:00 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm I'd just like to thank all those who are hoarding masks.
The Chinese?
Uhm,no
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:18 pm
The Chinese?
Uhm,no
Lobster?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:18 pm
The Chinese?
Uhm,no
https://twitter.com/jadler1969/status/1 ... 6612049920