Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:51 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:45 am

Strange every other country had issues responding to covid too, despite Trump not being their president
Is “everyone else sucks equally” the new American Exceptionalism?
Absolutely not. But he was making a brutally inaccurate statement that trump should be held accountable for it, when that just doesn't make any damn sense. The virus spread into other countries and caused problems there too. Trump was not the x factor
You just have this thing for ignoring the most influential variable in an equation, and then losing your shit when the math breaks.

Let me help.

In the Another Mass Shooting thread, it’s guns/gun laws.

In this line of conversation in this thread, it’s that the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the history of the world just aggressively failed to plan and prevent, and then failed to respond.

In both situations, of COURSE there are other factors. But you can’t just ignore the MOST important factor and then get all huffy!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it is established, objective fact, that trump dismantled our pandemic surveillance and preparedness infrastructure, specifically in china, just prior to the pandemic

yet, he bears zero responsibility?

jfc

edit: as mich is so fond of saying, he was sitting in the big boy chair. aka, the buck stops with him
Last edited by KUTradition on Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:07 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:51 am

Is “everyone else sucks equally” the new American Exceptionalism?
Absolutely not. But he was making a brutally inaccurate statement that trump should be held accountable for it, when that just doesn't make any damn sense. The virus spread into other countries and caused problems there too. Trump was not the x factor
You just have this thing for ignoring the most influential variable in an equation, and then losing your shit when the math breaks.

Let me help.

In this line of conversation in this thread, it’s that the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the history of the world just aggressively failed to plan and prevent, and then failed to respond.

In both situations, of COURSE there are other factors. But you can’t just ignore the MOST important factor and then get all huffy!
Ignorant to think we can just control everything. Especially this country right now
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:07 pm

Let me help.

Ignorant to think we can just control everything. Especially this country right now
Once again, you want to have this black and white, 100% or 0%, outlook. That’s not how reality works!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Jfish you don't have a single fucking clue how reality works lol. But you are very good at being blindly obedient with whatever the current left wing priorities are
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i think the fish is oushdales sock.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Fish is a raging librul.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fish talks all reasonable like a commie.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:02 pm Fish talks all reasonable like a commie.
^^^

I ain't buying it, either.

https://youtu.be/rx6Zgz0TZuA
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Anyone here wanna guess how many lab leaks of viruses the good ol US-OfA has been responsible for?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:28 pm Jfish you don't have a single fucking clue how reality works lol. But you are very good at being blindly obedient with whatever the current left wing priorities are
Holy fuck!
Are you guys seeing this?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Oh I'd agree there are those who've used Covid to control minds (and wallets).
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

a hundred years from now the earthlings will read about and study how the world reacted to the china fungus. and wonder to themselves what in the phucque were those people thinking. what were they doing.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A hundred years from now the robots have taken over and they act without emotion which is more efficient but humanity, with it's ups and downs, is controlled and fading.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:09 pm a hundred years from now the earthlings will read about and study how the world reacted to the china fungus. and wonder to themselves what in the phucque were those people thinking. what were they doing.
Oh I agree with this. They'll say "you let millions of people just die, because you couldn't stomach wearing a mask for a couple weeks?"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:14 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:09 pm a hundred years from now the earthlings will read about and study how the world reacted to the china fungus. and wonder to themselves what in the phucque were those people thinking. what were they doing.
Oh I agree with this. They'll say "you let millions of people just die, because you couldn't stomach wearing a mask for a couple weeks?"
Do you have kids? 100 years from now your descendents will still be whinging
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Covid left zero lasting impact on our species. The global population has continued to rise since covid. It picked off the old and the weak, but most were bound to die from something soon anyways. Covid had virtually zero impact on breeding populations.

100 years from now it'll be forgot. Government will try to suppress any memory of it and the way they acted
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why do you insist on dumbing down to just deaths?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?