COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:33 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:23 am
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 am I read that. Funny that those who God talks to are always told to take the path of the most money.
Have you considered the possibility that there is concern for employees who need to make money to pay their bills?
Per the tweet in defix’s link, hourly employees don’t get paid sick leave.

Also, the owner’s worth $6.4 bil.

That just might be enough to pay for really tiny camels and really big needles.
Keep in mind Green has "invested" million$ in fake Dead Sea scrolls for his museum so he may be cash poor right now. Artifact smugglers don't take Merican Express.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:58 am I read that. Funny that those who God talks to are always told to take the path of the most money.
John Calvin says hi.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am
Vega wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 am
Mjl wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 am

Weed stores have also been deemed essential here
Need that extra tax revenue.

But if those who wanted to legalize through the guise of the medicinal value of it, and lawmakers who want to tax it agreed with that view, I understand why it would still be deemed essential.
I expected them to only still be open to those with medical cards - they already distinguish between med and non-med folks at the stores. But no, it's open for recreational sales too.

Gotta keep the people sated while locked up.
I mean, you DO.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Have you considered the possibility that there is concern for employees who need to make money to pay their bills?
Hobby Lobby owner......concern for employee welfare.......oh the irony!!

Didn’t he sue to retain the ability to deny certain healthcare benefits to employees?!?!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:33 am
Per the tweet in defix’s link, hourly employees don’t get paid sick leave.

Also, the owner’s worth $6.4 bil.

That just might be enough to pay for really tiny camels and really big needles.
Exactly. They don't get paid sick leave, so wouldn't it make sense to try to help them get their hours so they can - I don't know - get paid?

How much of that $6.4 billion is liquid? How much is tied up in facilities and the cluster hump that is the stock market right now?

Not everybody in the world is a greedy ass.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am

Didn’t he sue to retain the ability to deny certain healthcare benefits to employees?!?!
I didn't say I agree with him across the board. I was asking a question.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:10 pm
zsn wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am

I didn't say I agree with him across the board. I was asking a question.
Don't let zsn's refusal to speak plain English muddy the waters.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I remember the days when businesses kept themselves in a good liquidity state so that they could weather storms of this type.

Now, spend, spend, spend.
If things go south, get your hands out.

Once again....the socialization of debt, while maintaining the privatization of profit.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:31 pm I remember the days when businesses kept themselves in a good liquidity state so that they could weather storms of this type.

Once again....the socialization of debt, while maintaining the privatization of profit.
Don't disagree with any of that.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 pm Crossroads cometh.

Do i go to work? My wife is getting close to killing me if i continue going to work. I've never been unemployed....ever. i have a hard time turning down a check when we stand on the precipice of what looks to be a significant recession, potentially depression territory. What do I do?

Well. They did it, they locked down the entire state. No one to leave their houses.......except it explicitly excludes manufacturing and construction. So im still fucked. Fuck.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 is working at the germ factor... er hospital tonight. Gown-up.
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I have a relative in KC that is a nurse. She has moved into their camper/RV parked in the back yard to try and avoid contaminating the family while she continues to work without proper PPE.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

No RV here. I don't think I can get her to live in my tent.
Defense. Rebounds.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Just ran to CVS and bought $50 of candy...just had an urge for some sweets, so grabbed some skittles, nerds, bottlecaps, twix and snickers. I think I'm good now. And a couple big bags of beef jerky...saving those for when the world collapse.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:31 pm I remember the days when businesses kept themselves in a good liquidity state so that they could weather storms of this type.

This is a problem with many fathers (Clinton, Greenspan, Bernanke, Obama, Powell, and Trump) and one mother (Yellen).
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

shindig wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:41 pm Just ran to CVS and bought $50 of candy...just had an urge for some sweets, so grabbed some skittles, nerds, bottlecaps, twix and snickers. I think I'm good now. And a couple big bags of beef jerky...saving those for when the world collapse.
Gonna gain that COVID 19
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfc
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

shindig wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:41 pm Just ran to CVS and bought $50 of candy...just had an urge for some sweets, so grabbed some skittles, nerds, bottlecaps, twix and snickers. I think I'm good now. And a couple big bags of beef jerky...saving those for when the world collapse.
Bacteria and viruses thrive on sugar. Just sayin'.
Hey - I'm long a bunch of candy too.
Also just bought a shit load of jerky from my guys (B.U.L.K).

As I have said to my mother too many times when she has given me shit for what I eat, "I would rather die young eating what makes me happy than live long eating what I don't enjoy eating".
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Bacteria and viruses thrive on sugar. Just sayin'.
Hey - I'm long a bunch of candy too.
Also just bought a shit load of jerky from my guys (B.U.L.K).

As I have said to my mother too many times when she has given me shit for what I eat, "I would rather die young eating what makes me happy than live long eating what I don't enjoy eating".
saw/heard someone with a similar perspective on eating dessert first during a meal

cuz ya never know what might happen over the course of the meal