Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:38 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:20 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:18 pm

It's up to you to decide what to believe and what is best for you but I feel it's 100% wrong of you to ridicule people who believe there are benefits based on things such as this.....

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/disc ... 20Medicine.
Wasn’t trying to ridicule. I just fail to see a compelling reason for me to risk my health again if I’m probably going to get it anyway.
And this, folks, is exactly why we will be fighting Covid for the rest of our lives.

And, probably, our grand children
We will likely be dealing with viruses for the rest of our lives regardless.

Rubes gonna rube.

The declaration that modern medicine is a bigger health risk than infectious diseases is peak rube. If they knew that the reason their Emperor God convicted rapist who talks about fucking his own daughter and stoked a violent insurrection to overthrow our government wouldn't wear a mask is because it would smear his makeup, their heads would explode in ironic uber-masculine conflict.

I used to think that vanity projects were a billionaire thing.

trumplethinkskin is the great rube vanity project.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you must rep for one of those pharmaceutical companies that profit from the vaccines.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

‘I can’t believe we’re talking about polio in 2023’

Health experts are sounding the alarm over the anti-vaccine movement’s rise.

...For decades, being openly skeptical of vaccines made one a pariah in all but the smallest of political circles. Both parties generally accepted that modern science had made essential breakthroughs in health care. To cast doubt on them placed you on the fringe. But public health officials fear those days are increasingly numbered.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who notched 15 percent support in a Harvard-Harris poll of the Democratic presidential primary field earlier this month, is running on his anti-vaccine bona fides. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, is campaigning on his work to promote “medical freedom” and has said he would put Kennedy on a task force to investigate government overreach in medicine if elected president. Vivek Ramaswamy, a biotech entrepreneur also running for the Republican nomination, has touted his plans to “expose and ultimately gut” the FDA and floated Kennedy as a running mate...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:45 am you must rep for one of those pharmaceutical companies that profit from the vaccines.
Always quick on the draw with a conspiracy theory!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One of the wildest moments of this thread that I recall is, seeing a dood at the grocery store wearing a printout hanging around his neck that declared, “IM EXEMPT FROM WEARING A MASK CUZ OF SOME MEDICAL FREEDOM CARONEY BALONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH” that he must’ve downloaded from Facebook or something
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

here we go again on our own....

wife and kid down with the sickness OoOooahahaha

means the boy and me ain't far behind.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:21 pm here we go again on our own....

Damn. Sorry man. What a nightmare We have half the country attacking science during a plague
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:21 pm here we go again on our own....

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it will be mild, and you and your son don't get it.

...As of September 15, the CDC said that the latter variant, BA.2.86, "does not appear to be rapidly increasing or driving increases in infections or hospitalizations," in the U.S., and that existing antibodies were giving individuals immunity against the new strain.

The latest figures show the states that have seen the most-rapid rise in cases requiring medical treatment were Montana and Wisconsin, both of which have seen increases approaching 30 percent more.

The greatest rise was in New Hampshire, at 52 percent. Other states with a more than 20 percent increase in hospitalizations were North Dakota, Nebraska and Maine.

States that saw an increase of between 10 and 20 percent were Washington state, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio. Many states and territories are deemed to have a stable number of hospital admissions with COVID-19 by the CDC, or are seeing a decline in cases...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

My 90 year old "severely compromised" mother survived.

The randys and JKs of the world will tell you of course she did. She had a cold/the flu. That and, "see - the vaccine/s DON'T work, she got Covid". Maybe even, "Sucks she survived. Too many worthless old people in this country milking the government collecting handouts (she gets social security and medicare/caid)".

The alarmists/extremists of the world will tell you she's lucky to be alive and probably should have died.

The Gutters (me) of the world will tell you she had a tough few days, she was "fully" vaccinated, she was given Paxlovid. The Gutters (me) will also tell you, NONE of us know FOR SURE if her being "fully" vaccinated and being given Paxlovid is why she recovered and is alive today just as NONE of us know FOR SURE know it's not why.

What amazes me is how many people feel/insist they are experts/authorities on the subject of Covid and treatments for EVERYONE based only on THEIR experiences. Or based only on what they want to believe - true or not.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:37 am My 90 year old "severely compromised" mother survived.

The randys and JKs of the world will tell you of course she did. She had a cold/the flu. That and, "see - the vaccine/s DON'T work, she got Covid". Maybe even, "Sucks she survived. Too many worthless old people in this country milking the government collecting handouts (she gets social security and medicare/caid)".

The alarmists/extremists of the world will tell you she's lucky to be alive and probably should have died.

The Gutters (me) of the world will tell you she had a tough few days, she was "fully" vaccinated, she was given Paxlovid. The Gutters (me) will also tell you, NONE of us know FOR SURE if her being "fully" vaccinated and being given Paxlovid is why she recovered and is alive today just as NONE of us know FOR SURE know it's not why.

What amazes me is how many people feel/insist they are experts/authorities on the subject of Covid and treatments for EVERYONE based only on THEIR experiences. Or based only on what they want to believe - true or not.
Glad your mom is okay, Gutter. I’m sure it’s been a rough week or so for you both.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:06 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:37 am My 90 year old "severely compromised" mother survived.

Glad your mom is okay, Gutter. I’m sure it’s been a rough week or so for you both.
Thank you! She had it a while ago. Doing surprisingly well now.
Her neighbor was very healthy, about a year ago she contracted Covid. Got over it. Then got hit hard with "long Covid". She was in the hospital for over a month in very bad shape. She's home now but she's still not good and will never be "well" again.
I'm not 100% convinced "long Covid" was all her neighbor had but if it was, I wish "long Covid" on no one.
Had a 50 year old co-worker who was diagnosed with "long Covid". He had to retire. Migraine headaches all the time and bad fatigue.
I have other co-workers who have chronic coughs. I would happily take that over what my co-worker who had to retire and buy mother's neighbor are experiencing.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i consulted with my primary care physician. he directed me to the kcrim institute for malcontents and knowitalls. all the answers to all the questions can be found within.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wow Mich. Didn't realize you got your board certification.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Evidence now of cancer occurring in excess in the vaccinated. This is coming from at epidemiologist at Yale

https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/status ... uAxgQ&s=19
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:15 pm Evidence now of cancer occurring in excess in the vaccinated. This is coming from at epidemiologist at Yale

https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/status ... uAxgQ&s=19
Sorry, but Yale lost all its credibility when you proved PhD wrong ~ 1,000 times (so far) since the pandemic started.

Try again.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhD told us the vaccines were safe. And the list of side effects just keeps getting longer and longer
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:42 pm PhD told us the vaccines were safe. And the list of side effects just keeps getting longer and longer
You would know.
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That Yale dude was pushing ivermectin too.

KU Med came out and said ivermectin doesn’t do shit for Covid.

Top say otherwise is to root against KU.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

pdub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:01 pm That Yale dude was pushing ivermectin too.

KU Med came out and said ivermectin doesn’t do shit for Covid.

Top say otherwise is to root against KU.
My college friend(KU grad 1967) says he and his wife were cured of COVID with Ivermectin.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan