COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:01 pm That Yale dude was pushing ivermectin too.

KU Med came out and said ivermectin doesn’t do shit for Covid.

Top say otherwise is to root against KU.
Thanks for taking one for the team pdub.

My webmaster told me not to click on Randy's links anymore.
She warned it would slow everything down.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

The fda was forced to reverse its stance on invermectin. Many people say it was effective. I'm not sure, most covid cases don't require any medication. When I had covid I didn't need anything. In fact the recommendation all along for the average covid case was just to stay home and not go to the doctor

https://twitter.com/AFLDSorg/status/170 ... r3bcg&s=19
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:45 pm The fda was forced to reverse its stance on invermectin. Many people say it was effective. I'm not sure, most covid cases don't require any medication. When I had covid I didn't need anything. In fact the recommendation all along for the average covid case was just to stay home and not go to the doctor

doctors need to eat too.
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

dolomite wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:18 pm

My college friend(KU grad 1967) says he and his wife were cured of COVID with Ivermectin.
And one of my college friends says 9/11 was 100 percent an inside job.

Your point?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:58 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:45 pm The fda was forced to reverse its stance on invermectin. Many people say it was effective. I'm not sure, most covid cases don't require any medication. When I had covid I didn't need anything. In fact the recommendation all along for the average covid case was just to stay home and not go to the doctor

doctors need to eat too.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for invermectin.

Doctors will tell you that there is scant chance of dying from injecting purified water too.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:10 pm

My college friend(KU grad 1967) says he and his wife were cured of COVID with Ivermectin.

Your point?
I'm confused, randy said, "My college friend (KU grad 1967)".
Regardless of my confusion, randy will believe his friend was cured with Ivermectin but won't believe many things that can be and have been proven regarding Covid.
While it's possible Ivermectin did cure randy's friend and his friend's wife of Covid, is it also possible Ivermectin did nothing to help randy's friend and his friend's wife get "cured" of Covid?

***** EDIT

VGR!
DUMBASS me thought dolo's post was randys.
My apology to both of them!
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:25 pm

Your point?
Regardless of my confusion, randy will believe his friend was cured with Ivermectin but won't believe many things that can be and have been proven regarding Covid.
While it's possible Ivermectin did cure randy's friend and his friend's wife of Covid, is it also possible Ivermectin did nothing to help randy's friend and his friend's wife get "cured" of Covid?
Highly likely, in fact.

Clearly, they must have been in amazing physical condition
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:01 am

Your point?
Highly likely, in fact.

Yeah, true, but his guy friend is "old" if he graduated KU in 1967. Why would/should we care if he died?

Here is where I laugh. I'm extremely confident if I asked randy if his friend and his wife were vaccinated, randy would either respond with something such as - Yes, and they now have cancer. Or - No. Without his realizing how he claims "herd immunity" was the best defense against Covid and without realizing they were still "prescribed" Ivermectin - and his somewhat implying had they not taken Ivermectin they may not have been "cured".
The guy can't even lie (or at least share sketchy stories) without incriminating himself in regards to his claims and beliefs.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:27 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:01 am

Highly likely, in fact.

Yeah, true, but his guy friend is "old" if he graduated KU in 1967. Why would/should we care if he died?

Here is where I laugh. I'm extremely confident if I asked randy if his friend and his wife were vaccinated, randy would either respond with something such as - Yes, and they now have cancer. Or - No. Without his realizing how he claims "herd immunity" was the best defense against Covid and without realizing they were still "prescribed" Ivermectin - and his somewhat implying had they not taken Ivermectin they may not have been "cured".
The guy can't even lie (or at least share sketchy stories) without incriminating himself in regards to his claims and beliefs.
I'm old enough to remember when a total lack of self-awareness was considered a flaw.

But thanks to the interconnectivity we all "enjoy", the people who used to stand on the street corner or in the square outside the student union yelling at clouds, instead form groups like QAnon and watch Breitbart, et al, where they affirm each-other's delusions and you end-up with gullible know-nothings like Randy. Randy, who unabashedly proclaims his intellectual superiority, his grasp of unbelievably complicated and arcane areas of science, over bright curious people who've dedicated their lives to the area that he's been doing "research" on, for a year or two.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a lack of self-awareness, on steroids.

And the unrelenting, rank stupidity of it all, is mind-numbingly depressing, and sad.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

My issues with randy are what you point out and also that he seems to think he knows more/better about things other have experienced that he has not.
I don't like a person goes off on other people who he feels are wrong and faults them for not admitting they were wrong - when he has been proven to be wrong many times and he is yet to admit he is/was wrong. Another issue I have with him is that he has no idea who the people are that he uses as sources. Or if he does know who they are, he doesn't care that they are heavily biased and have a history of believing and saying things that have been proven to be false.

Getting back to Covid.
Sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday. He was coughing. Continuously. Not covering his mouth.
Coming back from the game yesterday sitting on a train next to a woman. She was coughing. Continuously. Not covering her mouth.
Covid or not, I wasn't happy. I don't expect people not to cough and I don't expect people to wear masks if/when they do have a persistent cough.
What I do expect, is for people to be considerate towards those around them.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:29 am My issues with randy are what you point out and also that he seems to think he knows more/better about things other have experienced that he has not.
I don't like a person goes off on other people who he feels are wrong and faults them for not admitting they were wrong - when he has been proven to be wrong many times and he is yet to admit he is/was wrong. Another issue I have with him is that he has no idea who the people are that he uses as sources. Or if he does know who they are, he doesn't care that they are heavily biased and have a history of believing and saying things that have been proven to be false.

Getting back to Covid.
Sitting next to a guy at the game yesterday. He was coughing. Continuously. Not covering his mouth.
Coming back from the game yesterday sitting on a train next to a woman. She was coughing. Continuously. Not covering her mouth.
Covid or not, I wasn't happy. I don't expect people not to cough and I don't expect people to wear masks if/when they do have a persistent cough.
What I do expect, is for people to be considerate towards those around them.
“Americans are not equipped for a crisis where the basic rule of survival is being mildly considerate.”
Adam Wilson
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Your point?
Hey pdub it’s dolo (originally imz). My point was just only that SOME say they were cured from COVID by taking ivermectin. So I’m not pounding the table for ivermectin as a cure. My KU friends incidentally were vaccinated but became sick(I guess side effects) and have vowed not to get any more boosters. I don’t know how serious their covid infection was but don’t think they were to the point of needing respirators. (If I was in need of a respirator, I might consider Ivermectin treatment.
https://theconversation.com/ivermectin- ... ead-144569

As far as 9-11 being an “inside job”, that is an insane idea. I watched a video shortly after 9-11 of BinLaden watching the news of the attack. He was in a tent surrounded by his cronies and they all cheered and laughed when the first plane hit, then BinLaden said WAIT there’s more, then the second plane hit and the place erupted with even more cheering and laughter. So NOT an inside job, IMO.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Hydroxychloroquine too
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The inside job CT for 9/11 was basically letting it happen. Kind of like Trump doing very little on COVID-19 at a certain point, and even taking away masks and letting patent medicine dealers hold sway with anti-vaxers. The latter event wasn't exactly hidden away
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

those of us without our heads up our backside maneuvered the china fungus just fine.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:42 pm those of us without our heads up our backside maneuvered the china fungus just fine.
A million dead people had their heads up their asses. Millions more on vents. Fuck you mich.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:42 pm those of us without our heads up our backside
Funniest post on here in a while
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Imagine if there was a mass shooting in Florida every day and there were an average of 15 people killed in each of those daily mass shootings. Imagine...

For the week of Sept 10 - 16, the states with the most deaths/day in the US:

An average of 15 people died of Covid per day in Florida. population = 22,244,800

An average of 13 people died of Covid per day in California. population = 39,029,300

An average of 9.6 people died of Covid per day in New York. pop 19,677,220

An average of 8 people died of Covid per day in Texas. pop 30,029,200.

So Florida has only 56% of the population of CA, and less than ¾ of the population of Tx, but has more deaths per day than either.

And yet, Florida's Gov came out the other day and advised Floridians not to get the new Covid-19 booster shot, which is known to decrease the likelihood that you will get severe Covid and die.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Nobel awarded to Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman, who together weee instrumental in the creation of mRNA vaccines
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:13 am Nobel awarded to Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman, who together weee instrumental in the creation of mRNA vaccines
But!...But!...But!!!!
Anand Giridharadas