COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by KUTradition »

literally nobody here said there weren’t side effects

what planet does dipshit live on?

i can’t think of a single “drug” that doesn’t have a risk of side effects, particularly vaccines

so dumb
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 pm literally nobody here said there weren’t side effects

i can’t think of a single “drug” that doesn’t have a risk of side effects, particularly vaccines

so dumb
Short term memory. Go dig up some old posts. And look up some of the false claims made by the bidens, faucci's of the world

Or just admit you were in the wrong. The people that were open minded got this one right. It was OK to make your own decision, and question things. That was all my point ever was, and something so simple was so controversial to a few of you
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:25 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:23 pm literally nobody here said there weren’t side effects

so dumb
Short term memory. Go dig up some old posts. And look up some of the false claims made by the bidens, faucci's of the world

Or just admit you were in the wrong. The people that were open minded got this one right. It was OK to make your own decision, and question things. That was all my point ever was, and something so simple was so controversial to a few of you
you made the claim; you dig up the old posts

or gtfo
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:25 pm

so dumb

It's your claim, you go fucking dig them up. You aren't open minded. You ignore every piece of evidence that refutes your initial opinion. "Not willing to consider ideas and opinions that are new or different to your own" is the definition of closed minded and defines what you have done from Day One regarding covid and its vaccines.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:49 am
randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:58 am "Covid vaccines linked to slight increases in heart, brain, and blood disorders"

https://nypost.com/2024/02/20/us-news/c ... disorders/

There were side effects and people were smart to consider them, and the conversation absolutely should have been allowed all along
So it increased at a smaller rate than the increase of those same things in people who have had covid. Thanks for making the case to get a vaccination. You finally provided a source on one of your idiotic posts and it successfully proved the exact opposite of what you intended.
the best is dipshit’s responses AFTER this is pointed out
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:33 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:58 am "Covid vaccines linked to slight increases in heart, brain, and blood disorders"

There were side effects and people were smart to consider them, and the conversation absolutely should have been allowed all along
So it increased at a smaller rate than the increase of those same things in people who have had covid. Thanks for making the case to get a vaccination. You finally provided a source on one of your idiotic posts and it successfully proved the exact opposite of what you intended.
the best is dipshit’s responses AFTER this is pointed out
Responding "Cute" to the point in his own link that directly refutes his own point while telling others that he's the open minded one was the cherry on top.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 pm
Cute. What about the millions of people who had covid before any vaccines were available and didn't have any symptoms, and faced no risk from covid.
They were the people who weren't part of the 300 in 100,000 who had the complications your article was describing.
So extend that to millions or tens of millions or hundreds of millions.
Less than 1/3 of 1 percent chance of getting those complications.

So, yes, it was rare to get a heart complication like that from covid if you were unvaccinated.
But it was twice as rare to get a complication like that from covid if you were vaccinated.
And it was 300 times as rare to get a complication like that from the vaccine alone.

Math.
It's hard for you I know.
But keep trying.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

is this the propaganda machines attempt at dragging the china fungus into the 2024 election.

i say good luck if the propaganda machine is counting on:

china fungus
pronouns
russia

to win them an election in 2024. none of those things are very high on the mind for the good folks.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Do I have to durr it up more?

Me have 1 in 100 chance of rock falling on me.
If me move over here me have 1 in 1000 chance of rock falling on me.
Me still have chance of rock falling on me, why did me move?!?!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hey, me friend told me that he know a guy a rock fell on!
Me told you!
Moving no work, me can still get hit by rock!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:19 pm is this the propaganda machines attempt at dragging the china fungus into the 2024 election.

i say good luck if the propaganda machine is counting on:

china fungus
pronouns
russia

to win them an election in 2024. none of those things are very high on the mind for the good folks.
No, it's called "covid still exists and scientists are still studying it as we learn more about the effects of covid and the vaccines over time".

Ignoring anything related to covid once the 2020 elections were over would be political. Covering ongoing scientific research on an active public health issue is not political.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

senile mich has arrived

goodie
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -earnings/

Four major nonprofits that rose to prominence during the coronavirus pandemic by capitalizing on the spread of medical misinformation collectively gained more than $118 million between 2020 and 2022, enabling the organizations to deepen their influence in statehouses, courtrooms and communities across the country, a Washington Post analysis of tax records shows.

The four groups routinely buck scientific consensus. Children’s Health Defense and Informed Consent Action Network raise doubts about the safety of vaccines despite assurances from federal regulators. “Vaccines have never been safer than they are today,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on its webpage outlining vaccine safety.

Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance and America’s Frontline Doctors promote anti-parasitic or anti-malarial drugs as treatments for covid, long after regulators and clinical trials found the medications to be ineffective or potentially harmful. Leaders of these groups say they disagree with medical consensus and argue that their promotion of alternative treatments for covid and other conditions is safe.

Arthur Caplan, head of the division of medical ethics at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine, said that in his view, the four groups endanger lives with their spread of misinformation.

“These groups gave jet fuel to misinformation at a crucial time in the pandemic,” Caplan said. “The richer they get, the worse off the public is because, indisputably, they’re spouting dangerous nonsense that kills people.”

The influx of pandemic cash sent executive compensation soaring, boosted public outreach, and seeded the ability to wage legislative and legal battles to weaken vaccine requirements and defend physicians accused of spreading misinformation.

Some doctors following guidance by Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance or America’s Frontline Doctors have been disciplined or face the possibility of discipline from state medical boards alleging substandard medical care. In cases involving two doctors alleged to have followed Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance guidance, three patients died.

Public health experts, including Caplan, worry that the well-funded anti-science movement could lead to devastating long-term public health consequences if childhood diseases once vanquished by vaccines come roaring back...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:24 pm Do I have to durr it up more?

Me have 1 in 100 chance of rock falling on me.
If me move over here me have 1 in 1000 chance of rock falling on me.
Me still have chance of rock falling on me, why did me move?!?!
rock......chalk?
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:14 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -earnings/

Four major nonprofits that rose to prominence during the coronavirus pandemic by capitalizing on the spread of medical misinformation collectively gained more than $118 million between 2020 and 2022, enabling the organizations to deepen their influence in statehouses, courtrooms and communities across the country, a Washington Post analysis of tax records shows.

The four groups routinely buck scientific consensus. Children’s Health Defense and Informed Consent Action Network raise doubts about the safety of vaccines despite assurances from federal regulators. “Vaccines have never been safer than they are today,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on its webpage outlining vaccine safety.

Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance and America’s Frontline Doctors promote anti-parasitic or anti-malarial drugs as treatments for covid, long after regulators and clinical trials found the medications to be ineffective or potentially harmful. Leaders of these groups say they disagree with medical consensus and argue that their promotion of alternative treatments for covid and other conditions is safe.

Arthur Caplan, head of the division of medical ethics at the New York University Grossman School of Medicine, said that in his view, the four groups endanger lives with their spread of misinformation.

“These groups gave jet fuel to misinformation at a crucial time in the pandemic,” Caplan said. “The richer they get, the worse off the public is because, indisputably, they’re spouting dangerous nonsense that kills people.”

The influx of pandemic cash sent executive compensation soaring, boosted public outreach, and seeded the ability to wage legislative and legal battles to weaken vaccine requirements and defend physicians accused of spreading misinformation.

Some doctors following guidance by Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance or America’s Frontline Doctors have been disciplined or face the possibility of discipline from state medical boards alleging substandard medical care. In cases involving two doctors alleged to have followed Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance guidance, three patients died.

Public health experts, including Caplan, worry that the well-funded anti-science movement could lead to devastating long-term public health consequences if childhood diseases once vanquished by vaccines come roaring back...
And we also lead the world in Nobel awardees and the first to put a man on the moon!

Or not…………
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The fact Obama won a peace price is fucking hilarious
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I digress.

But for real, I thought this bump was gonna be about the CDC rolling back its 5-day quarantine guidelines for Covid-positive patients.

In other news, maybe Covid IS just another cold now. Stop fretting over the immunocompromised and your own feel-like-shit symptoms and get back to work. The economy needs you!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One in 7 Coloradans who tested positive have long covid.

https://www.cpr.org/2024/02/19/survey-f ... ong-covid/

This corroborates my observation that I’m pretty sure everyone I know has just kinda been sick all winter long. Coughs that won’t go away, my own throat that keeps fluctuating between bone dry and phlegmy congestion, etc.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:15 pm

No it didn't. At one point some of you assholes said there were no adverse effects and insisted everyone should get it

People like myself who were justified in questioning a rushed poorly studied vaccine have been proven right in so many ways at this point
Not this "asshole":
Shirley wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:28 am
Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 am where do you think they got the idea?
"'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... reddit.com

The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus spoke out Monday to urge the public not to "take anything" or "believe anything" without talking to a healthcare professional.

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

NBC News reported that the man, 68, and his wife, 61, took chloroquine to guard against the novel coronavirus, which causes a potentially fatal disease known as COVID-19. It's not clear how much chloroquine the man ingested, and Banner Health said he and his wife ingested a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.
Let's put aside this specific case, and consider for a moment just how absurd this picture is. In fact, "absurd": utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false... doesn't begin to describe it.

Try to imagine any, any other possible circumstance where we would ever let someone with no education or training in pharmacology or medicine dominate our airways for at least an hour on a daily basis promoting a prescription drug regimen. Any. Pharmacology is complicated, a challenge. Drug interactions, adjusting the dose due to liver or kidney dysfunction, side effects, etc., etc. If anyone this uninformed showed up at a medical, law, science, research, hackers, engineering, et al., convention as a speaker and spouted unproven and potentially harmful information, none of us would listen for long, we'd walk out en masse, or shout the person down. We all have too much self-respect to allow someone to waste our time like that.

And I get that he's our president, and he has every right to speak to us as much and about whatever he wants. But really? He's standing there promoting an untested and unapproved treatment while experts on the subject are standing there next to him. And despite Dr. Fauci and Dr. Berx trying to limit the damage he's doing by trying to correct him both during and after nearly every briefing, he comes back the next day to subject us to more of the same propaganda.

On many previous occasions over the years here and at .net and .com, I have repeated what every 2nd year medical student hears over and over again: "Drugs are poisons with desirable side effects.". And, "Whatever we want the drug to do we call its "effects", and whatever we don't want it to do we call its "side effects".

We deserve better than this. Everyday. That we don't demand it is on us. And now, with a pandemic approaching, our fate is in the hands of malignant narcissist, pathological liar? Aren't we proud.

God help us...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

breaking out the red font?

total asshole move