COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by pdub »

All fat people should die.
Fuck em.

"Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity."

Oh boy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Nearly 80% of the country is obese or overweight so it seems that the case you're trying to make that covid affected overweight and obese people disproportionately seems to be kinda blown up by your own data.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Basically the problem was the people are unhealthy to begin with
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fuck em, right?
Fatties.
Deserved to die.

Just so I can feel right about what side i'm on. I'm right everyone. Pay attention to me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I am around 7-12 lbs over the standard BMI depending on the week.
That puts me in the overweight category.
If I died from COVID i'd be in that 80%.

I consider myself healthy.

My guess is randy might not quite be exactly in the BMI range he needs to be in either.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:22 pm I am around 7-12 lbs over the standard BMI depending on the week.
That puts me in the overweight category.
If I died from COVID i'd be in that 80%.

I consider myself healthy.

My guess is randy might not quite be exactly in the BMI range he needs to be in either.
Imagine what this bored might look like if a certain probably-formerly-overweight, definitely-increased-cardiac-risk someone had contracted Covid around this time three months ago.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Gee Randy, let's see here.... Where does that information come from?
Unless I am mistaken, I believe that report was from the CDC. You know, the same CDC that ______ like you blame of lying and didn't/don't believe much of what they said in regards to Covid - and strongly ridicule for how they handled the pandemic.
Now all of a sudden they are believable and a valuable source of information - to you?
Hmmmm.

As others have alluded to, many Americans are overweight.
Yes, many people who had Covid and were hospitalized were overweight before, during, and after they had Covid. And?
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:12 pm Basically the problem was the people are unhealthy to begin with
You're seeing the problem but drawing the wrong conclusion. It's because we have so many at-risk people in this country that we needed to take extreme measures to keep us from losing half our population you dolt.

Were all of the measures taken wise, well thought out and sensible? No, not all of them. Were some just overreactions from lawyers who didn't want their cities or businesses to be sued? Probably, yes. Did the measures save millions of lives? Unquestionably yes.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:41 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:12 pm Basically the problem was the people are unhealthy to begin with
You're seeing the problem but drawing the wrong conclusion. It's because we have so many at-risk people in this country that we needed to take extreme measures to keep us from losing half our population you dolt.

Were all of the measures taken wise, well thought out and sensible? No, not all of them. Were some just overreactions from lawyers who didn't want their cities or businesses to be sued? Probably, yes. Did the measures save millions of lives? Unquestionably yes.
Or maybe people could just take simple measures to be healthier?

So the rest of us don't have to take extreme measures
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’ll just copy and paste this for ya, applies here too.
What you miss about this situation is that you have lit on fire, over and over again, any benefit of the doubt as to your ability - let alone your willingness - to actually discuss culture war issues in good faith.

You start discussions from positions of inhumanity, ignorance, absolutism and bad faith. I don't know if you're intentionally doing that, or if you're just a follower. But it doesn't matter, really.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Wow, Mao was as deadly as COVID.
That guy sucked.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:16 pm

I have taken "simple measures" to be healthier. I'm still overweight.
Seems according to what you say, I'm supposed to feel guilty and bad about that because YOU "have (had) to take extreme measures". To be brutally honest and maybe this makes me an asshole - I really don't feel too bad about it. Partially because precautions were put in place, I followed many/most of them, and to the best of my knowledge I never contracted Covid - and definitely wasn't hospitalized with it. Imagine that!

On a related note, I am fully confident YOU don't take every possible measure to be "healthier". Am I wrong?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:31 am

Seems according to what you say, I'm supposed to feel guilty and bad about that because YOU "have (had) to take extreme measures". To be brutally honest and maybe this makes me an asshole - I really don't feel too bad about it. Partially because precautions were put in place, I followed many/most of them, and to the best of my knowledge I never contracted Covid - and definitely wasn't hospitalized with it. Imagine that!

On a related note, I am fully confident YOU don't take every possible measure to be "healthier". Am I wrong?
I do more than most of you to stay healthy. Exercise at the gym most days, do a lot of hiking. Cook most of my own meals, eat a lot of fresh produce, Occasional fast food. Dont smoke or anything. I do drink alcohol, so that is one that known to not be good for you that im guilty of.

But yes, I am a lot younger, skinnier, and healthier than most of you on this board. Which is why I was a lot less fearful and a lot more realistic or everything covid
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:50 am

I do more than most of you to stay healthy. Exercise at the gym most days, do a lot of hiking. Cook most of my own meals, eat a lot of fresh produce, Occasional fast food. Dont smoke or anything. I do drink alcohol, so that is one that known to not be good for you that im guilty of.

But yes, I am a lot younger, skinnier, and healthier than most of you on this board. Which is why I was a lot less fearful and a lot more realistic or everything covid
Believe it of not, I respect that YOU were "a lot less fearful" of Covid - than others.
I don't know if you were more "realistic" but you probably were in SOME regards but NOT all.
What I DON'T respect is/was your brushing off and ridiculing attitude towards others who were rightfully fearful of Covid and took precautions (yes - some extreme and dare I say in hindsight unnecessary and foolish?) for THEIR OWN VALID reasons.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:11 am

Believe it of not, I respect that YOU were "a lot less fearful" of Covid - than others.
I don't know if you were more "realistic" but you probably were in SOME regards but NOT all.
What I DON'T respect is/was your brushing off and ridiculing attitude towards others who were rightfully fearful of Covid and took precautions (yes - some extreme and dare I say in hindsight unnecessary and foolish?) for THEIR OWN VALID reasons.
Randy doesn't want any of the burden that comes with living in a society, just the benefits. Cafeteria libertarianism at its finest.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Of the four people I knew who died, two were from secondary complications of the blood disease. Otherwise healthy people who developed blocks and clogs of the vascular system. That was the faster way to go. We are still trying to understand long COVID. You might not recognize it. A lingering impact on cognition, stamina and vascular system.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:11 am

I never had an issue with people being fearful or cautious. You had every right to do that, and people should have done what was best for their situation

My issue was with people trying to force their approach on others. Covid was never a "once size fits all" type situation
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Covid regulations caused a lot of problems that never had to be there.

As a society we never chose for covid to be a thing. But we chose for covid regulations to be a thing. That was the ignorant part of all this. We chose avoidable problems to slow the unavoidable problem once covid was already here
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You've thrown a three-plus-year temper tantrum over...checks notes...wearing a cloth mask sometimes.