COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:58 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:44 am Dilemma last night...... I'm posting it on this thread only because there are nurses involved.
There is someone who lives down the hall from me. He basically behaves like he lives in a college dorm. No smoking building - he and/or his guest/s occasionally smoke/s (cigs & weed). Comes in and out of his apartment at all hours of the day and night and when he does as such - I am convinced he SLAMS his door on purpose. I have caught him leaving garbage strewn in the "garbage room" where the garbage chute is. You get the picture.
About every 3 weeks he has guests in his apartment and they make A LOT of noise. Usually late evening early morning. He's been called out on it by building management and they actually sent a letter to ALL the residents on my floor stating that they know there have been a lot of noise complaints, they have addressed it with the tenant, and the tenant has been made aware that if it continues - it's a violation of the lease agreement and the tenant is gone.
So...... Last night I'm hearing his door slamming (I'm assuming people going in and out of his apartment), I'm hearing what could be considered yelling, at times I am hearing people out in the hallway, and it's going on for literally hours.
I have three neighbors on my floor who are nurses. One next door to me and two who live together just a couple apartments down the hall. I am concerned that there are people congregating in the hallway and I am concerned that even if the nurses aren't exposed to them - the nurses may be trying to sleep.
I opened up my door and saw no-one in the hallway. I waited a few minutes for the guy to come out of his apartment. He didn't but someone came off the elevator and walked towards his apartment.
I said, "Buddy (don't know why I used that moniker - obviously he's not my buddy) will you please tell the guy in that apartment to please keep it down. Not for my sake but out of respect to the nurses who live on this floor and may be trying to get some sleep". The guy just looked at me and that was that. Less than 30 seconds later I hear someone yell - "FUCK YOU" and it sounded like the guy who lives in the apartment. I assumed it was directed at me and I was this/close to knocking on his door and having a few words with him. Instead I thought better of it and I just chilled out.
About 15 minutes later it seems the noise stopped for the evening but soon after I fell asleep so I can't be sure.
Here is my dilemma. Obviously the guy is an asshole. Obviously he's been warned by management.
Obviously he's still on my floor. My dilemma is that if I go to management and complain about the guy, as much as they may try and convince me that they don't tell residents who it is that narced on them, I can't be 100% sure that's true. If the guy was to be ousted, my concern is he knows where I live and I do believe he's capable of doing something stupid. So.... Do I just suck it up and deal with it or do I go to management and take the risk of this asshole possibly retaliating?
Odds are that he is more bluster than badass
You know that you are giving this advice to a guy that damn near knocked on a door to give this other guy a piece of his mind.....right?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Management's problem not yours. Report him.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Thanks to those of you who responded.
I've decided to simply say to one of the people in the management office, Just an f.y.i., the guy on my floor was at it again Saturday night. Multiple people in his apartment and in the hallway who were LOUD and disrespectful.
I'm leaving it at that.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Your building management would tell you it was unwise to confront the visitor/friend, but I get the frustration.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Grandma wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:14 am Thanks to those of you who responded.
I've decided to simply say to one of the people in the management office, Just an f.y.i., the guy on my floor was at it again Saturday night. Multiple people in his apartment and in the hallway who were LOUD and disrespectful.
I'm leaving it at that.
Two words, Gutman: Baseball Bat.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

If you'll allow me to digress:

March 2020 is the first month of March since 2002 without a school shooting. So, there's that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so after I was laid off I applied for *holds breath* unemployment and medicaid. (cue entitled asshole liberal freeloader jokes)

I promise I'll try to keep this brief:

The website applications have all been overloaded, lots of "please try again laters" and links that don't work and pages that crash, not to mention all the "to confirm your online paperless communication we will snail mail you a PIN," but let's spare that story for now.

Still haven't heard anything affirmative from unemployment.

I got an email about medicaid and to login to see the message. I login and it just says, "claim status denied." So I call and request an explanation and they say I'm not eligible because of unemployment that I haven't heard back from yet. If I really want insurance though I can go to the marketplace, and I might even be eligible for a tax credit, but they can't tell me how much it's worth toward what otherwise starts at $400 a month with an $8000 deductible for a plan that covers shit.

I call the marketplace and they want to first set up an account. They take all my info then finally say, "wait but it says you already have an account. Just log back in with this temp password, but either way, you'll need the "medicaid denial authorization number" that they didn't yet provide before you can purchase a plan." So I gotta call someone else about that, but first at least try to login with the temp password. It says password invalid, so I click forgot password. I click the email link and reset the password, which gets me an "account locked due to too many login attempts, please contact an administrator."

Then today I got a debit card in the mail. It doesn't say affirmatively what it's for, but I think it's an unemployment debit card, cuz it's the bank they mention and I haven't applied for any other accounts.
It says to call or visit this website to activate the card. I first just want to confirm that's what the card's even for, but the website says "under maintenance" and the phone number has been a busy signal all day.

Meanwhile I'm just holed up in my room telling myself it's not *that* big a deal to be uninsured during a pandemic, right? right?

And I'm kind of wondering if insurance is even worth it. Cuz even if I was insured, the premium and deductible in themselves are still enough that I would never be able to financially recover from this *cue tiger king memes*

and now I'm considering whether it's worth trying to get out of unemployment that I'm not even yet receiving if it meant I can get medicaid. And besides, the plan wouldn't even cover me til the first of next month anyway.

man, who knew being a freeloader would be so much work?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:11 pm so after I was laid off I applied for *holds breath* unemployment and medicaid. (cue entitled asshole liberal freeloader jokes)

The website applications have all been overloaded, lots of "please try again laters" and links that don't work and pages that crash, not to mention all the "to confirm your online paperless communication we will snail mail you a PIN," but let's spare that story for now.

I got an email about medicaid and to login to see the message. I login and it just says, "claim status denied." So I call and request an explanation and they say I'm not eligible because of unemployment that I haven't heard back from yet. If I really want insurance though I can go to the marketplace, and I might even be eligible for a tax credit, but they can't tell me how much it's worth toward what otherwise starts at $400 a month with an $8000 deductible for a plan that covers shit.

I call the marketplace and they want to first set up an account. They take all my info then finally say, "wait but it says you already have an account. Just log back in with this temp password, but either way, you'll need the "medicaid denial authorization number" that they didn't yet provide before you can purchase a plan." So I gotta call someone else about that, but first at least try to login with the temp password. It says password invalid, so I click forgot password. I click the email link and reset the password, which gets me an "account locked due to too many login attempts, please contact an administrator."

Then today I got a debit card in the mail. It doesn't say affirmatively what it's for, but I think it's an unemployment debit card, cuz it's the bank they mention and I haven't applied for any other accounts.
It says to call or visit this website to activate the card. I first just want to confirm that's what the card's even for, but the website says "under maintenance" and the phone number has been a busy signal all day.

Meanwhile I'm just holed up in my room telling myself it's not *that* big a deal to be uninsured during a pandemic, right? right?

And I'm kind of wondering if insurance is even worth it. Cuz even if I was insured, the premium and deductible in themselves are still enough that I would never be able to financially recover from this *cue tiger king memes*

and now I'm considering whether it's worth trying to get out of unemployment that I'm not even yet receiving if it meant I can get medicaid. And besides, the plan wouldn't even cover me til the first of next month anyway.

Thanks a lot, Trump!
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, I shared that story with my dad and he blamed Obamacare.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:11 pm so after I was laid off I applied for *holds breath* unemployment and medicaid. (cue entitled asshole liberal freeloader jokes)

If you could do me a favor and post again once the government cheese has freed up and you go on an alcohol and cigarettes buying binge, please?

And if you could knock up a few minority women while you wait, I suppose that's OK. Just trying to prime Psych's brain for future explosion.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:58 pm actually, I shared that story with my dad and he blamed Obamacare.
It is Obama's program and infrastructure, is it not?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:02 pm

If you could do me a favor and post again once the government cheese has freed up and you go on an alcohol and cigarettes buying binge, please?

And if you could knock up a few minority women while you wait, I suppose that's OK. Just trying to prime Psych's brain for future explosion.
I'll get to that after I finish interpreting Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" literally. Apparently, it arouses me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:58 pm actually, I shared that story with my dad and he blamed Obamacare.
these are state-run programs. And either way, dude hasn't been in office for almost 4 years.

but I'm sure you'll be pleased to know my application for Kenyan Muslim Summer Camp went through without a hitch!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:12 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm
these are state-run programs. And either way, dude hasn't been in office for almost 4 years.

but I'm sure you'll be pleased to know my application for Kenyan Muslim Summer Camp went through without a hitch!
As Salaam Aleikum!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you aren’t alone...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/9394 ... -picked-up
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Government sucks. Who knew?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno how many administrative agencies are equipped to handle 16 million new accounts on unexpected short notice...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hey Vega, if your still reading. Here ya go, this explains why you felt better laying on your stomach

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/c ... index.html
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:42 pm I dunno how many administrative agencies are equipped to handle 16 million new accounts on unexpected short notice...
Thanks a lot, Trump.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A Florida man...declares WWE an "essential business." Oh wait, it was the Guv'nor who did that.
Don't inject Lysol.