COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by ousdahl »

NiceDC wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:00 am Yes, you have both labor and management preferring inaction. Factories are too cheap and lazy to care, and the labor wants to ensure work is not disrupted to make sure bills are paid. Sports have both sides wanting the same goal, making those billions, and I think both sides are amicable to ensuring that is happening.

Only party left is the government, and after March, nothing has been signed on COVID federally. I agree that the Fed should step in, but we can't even get the government funded as of now. America failed, and failed hard. Government after initial action has done nothing, businesses have pushed as hard as they can to open to the detriment to the public, and my MIL won't put on a mask because F U Obama.
With the key operative being, “to ensure work is not disrupted.”

It’s the team admin’s responsibility, as much and in many ways more so, than the lineman’s to make sure the lineman has a healthy practice and game day environment in which to work.

The difference between pro sports and pork is, I suppose, that management views meat packers as individually more fungible than pro athletes, who individually bring unique skill sets that may not be so easily replaced by the next proletariat sucker.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Merica averaging 40,000+ new cases a day.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:15 am Merica averaging 40,000+ new cases a day.
Do we know if those numbers are new individual cases or just positive tests per day?

Just curious as there has been some confusion in my county and surrounding counties on what is being counted in some of our numbers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Within hours we will have surpassed one million deaths worldwide.

Over half of those deaths happened in India, Mexico, Brazil, and Merica.

India is one of the most populous countries; the others had leaders who doubted the severity
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦