Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by ousdahl »

In Soviet Russia, mask wear you
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

19 straight weeks of over a million unemployment claims.

U.S. GDP fell 32% from April-June, all time record drop
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

But, wait till jobs report comes out and some of the 40 million plus workers who have been out of work are brought back, and those are counted as ‘created’ jobs.

We are so close to being great. Again?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:43 pm In Soviet Russia, mask wear you
I'd submit this to Yaakov and see what happens. I hear he's a little light on content these days.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

My county went back to phase 0. Lockdown. Im still working but, everything else shut down
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 pm My county went back to phase 0. Lockdown. Im still working but, everything else shut down
Wow. We have to be getting close to rolling back phases in my area. Seeing clusters of outbreaks weekly if not almost daily....typically tied to bars and indoor dining at restaurants (employees and patrons).
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The death numbers are much lower on weekends. Perhaps we should just make every day a weekend until this blows over. Used along with reduced testing, we should be able to put a dent in this disease.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

We have multiple restaurants and bars closed now due to cluster outbreaks at each place. People are stupid. Do take out. Drink at home. This isnt complicated.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally starts this weekend and goes through August 16th. They are bracing for 250,000 visitors from all over the country.

Curious to see how well people any people wearing masks are treated.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:36 am The 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally starts this weekend and goes through August 16th. They are bracing for 250,000 visitors from all over the country.

I can't believe this thing is running. Sturgis isn't my thing, but I knew people who went every year, and it sounded fun. But it's also sounds like the best place to spread a virus in the quickest amount of time, then send everyone hope at peak infectious period.

Let's hope that at the very least, fewer people show up, and people are taking this thing seriously.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:36 am The 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally starts this weekend and goes through August 16th. They are bracing for 250,000 visitors from all over the country.

I can't believe this thing is running. Sturgis isn't my thing, but I knew people who went every year, and it sounded fun. But it's also sounds like the best place to spread a virus in the quickest amount of time, then send everyone hope at peak infectious period.

Let's hope that at the very least, fewer people show up, and people are taking this thing seriously.
250,000 is about half of the normal crowd of 500,000. But that's an estimate. Having Canada shut down their border to us will keep the numbers down.

But it may also be seen as the only major event that is still happening and numbera could soar well beyond what is expected. Either way, I dont see any way that this doesn't turn into a large "super spreading" event at the absolute worst possible time as people go home from this, expose their kids and then send them off to school while they wait 14 days for their COVID test results come back.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“Our area has had LOTS of Covid deaths, but y’all’s area has had hardly any, which is why we’re coming up there. Y’all better not get us sick while we’re there!”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also, I went to the Sturgis rally once, sort of by accident. More than anything, I remember shoulder to shoulder bikers up and down the streets, and in the bars, with most places offering $2 shots of jack. I also remember lots of old chicks with fake boobs.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I used to go every year. Main street is crowded like Times Square. Then it's basically just bar scenes off that, then mostly crowded camping grounds (not enough hotels for that many people), then on certain days there are large gatherings, like in Hulette WY for whole hog BBQ or concerts at the full throttle or buffalo chip. It's basically the perfect storm to spread the disease...not a lot of handwashing going on and activities that won't strengthen an immune system. Although much of it is outdoors, which is how Illy justifies golfing, so it'll probably be ok.

Oh, and many of the old chicks showing boobs are also fat.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm ...More than anything, I remember shoulder to shoulder bikers up and down the streets...
This sounds like a nightmare even if there wasn't a pandemic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The bikers were impressed when I revved the engine on my Honda CRV.