COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 141

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Will we still get billion$+ jets to fly over stadiums while we listen to the end of the Star-Spangled Banner and honoring a flag only by standing?

If not, fuck liberals.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:01 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm Well, if the liberals get their way we won’t need a livelihood. Our livelihood will be gov’t teet supple’ing.
I get that this world view of what liberals want helps justify your world view but it's not based in reality at all.
If the liberals "get their way," then taxes will be responsibly and justifiably increased at the far-right reaches of the income bell curve, and - my stars! - things like universal healthcare and pre-K will ensure that people toward the left end of the income bell curve have a fucking chance.
POTD Fish
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bosses Wife tested positive today....lets see how many people they exposed. Hopefully not me. Ugh
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:01 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm Well, if the liberals get their way we won’t need a livelihood. Our livelihood will be gov’t teet supple’ing.
I get that this world view of what liberals want helps justify your world view but it's not based in reality at all.
If the liberals "get their way," then taxes will be responsibly and justifiably increased at the far-right reaches of the income bell curve, and - my stars! - things like universal healthcare and pre-K will ensure that people toward the left end of the income bell curve have a fucking chance.
Pinko
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm Bosses Wife tested positive today....lets see how many people they exposed. Hopefully not me. Ugh
Best wishes for her and everyone she's come in contact with.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm Bosses Wife tested positive today....lets see how many people they exposed. Hopefully not me. Ugh
That sucks man, I hope best of health for you and your family.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sorry to hear this! Unfortunately as we all go on with out lives more and more of us will be exposed. Thing that blows my mind is how many people simply don't give a fuck. Fine not to give a fuck about yourself, it's the not giving a fuck about others that really bothers me.

Obviously this was copied from someone else but it puts things in perspective - and yet I would guess more than 50% still don't give a damn.

Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."
With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.
Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.
The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.
All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.
#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!
#MaskItOrCasket = It's not about YOU!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im with ya gutman. I think I'm ok, I havent been to our office in a few weeks. ...but office folk have come to my job so who knows.

The unfortunate thing is that her and her husband both were on the.. ."its not even real, its a hoax, the flu is worse" etc train so, I'm sure that while they were asymptomatic (and apparently they still are asymptomatic) they were not taking the standard precautions.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I will say this. When its 100 degrees, and youre in the blazing sun, framing, or forming, or pouring concrete etc....the last thing that sounds good is wearing a mask....it blows. But, getting covid or passing it along i believe is decidedly worse. So. Theres that, so I do it.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 am I will say this. When its 100 degrees, and youre in the blazing sun, framing, or forming, or pouring concrete etc....the last thing that sounds good is wearing a mask....it blows. But, getting covid or passing it along i believe is decidedly worse. So. Theres that, so I do it.
People hated wearing seat belts when they were first mandated. They were uncomfortable and rubbed and were annoying. But they saved lives.

People complained about helmet laws where they have been mandated. They restrict movement, freedom and enjoyment. But they saved lives.

Wearing a seat belt or a helmet doesn't guarantee you will live through an accident but greatly increases the odds. Masks are no different. Sometimes rules need to be put in place to protect people and others around them from irresponsible decisions.

"Click it or Ticket" = "Mask it or Casket"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:49 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 am I will say this. When its 100 degrees, and youre in the blazing sun, framing, or forming, or pouring concrete etc....the last thing that sounds good is wearing a mask....it blows. But, getting covid or passing it along i believe is decidedly worse. So. Theres that, so I do it.
People hated wearing seat belts when they were first mandated. They were uncomfortable and rubbed and were annoying. But they saved lives.

People complained about helmet laws where they have been mandated. They restrict movement, freedom and enjoyment. But they saved lives.

Wearing a seat belt or a helmet doesn't guarantee you will live through an accident but greatly increases the odds. Masks are no different. Sometimes rules need to be put in place to protect people and others around them from irresponsible decisions.

"Click it or Ticket" = "Mask it or Casket"
If there was a cheap pill (you could even make yourself!) with moderate, temporary discomfort being the only side effect, that reduced transmission population-wide by a factor of 5x, then it would be taken by everyone and hailed as a miracle cure.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That settles it, then.

We should all be wearing masks and helmets all the time.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:21 pm That settles it, then.

We should all be wearing masks and helmets all the time.
Don't forget to use your spork....
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Over 50,000 today.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:14 pm Over 50,000 today.
Not what I heard:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/heal ... 242e358b28
“I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear — I hope,” Trump said at the White House.
This was today...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I wish I lived in his reality
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

53k today. Steady climbin
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

57,000 for the day.
Some of the stories from the Texas hospitals are tough to watch.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦