Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by Sparko »

Intersting how Sobell has been reevaluated. Tough training made them special. But Winters the better leader by far.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ross sucks.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:47 pmRoss sucks.
very much. hes fairly worthless
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Funny how Ross and Sobel (one "l" grrr.) are kind of conflated now. That will impact your call backs I'm sure.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:44 pm Funny how Ross and Sobel (one "l" grrr.) are kind of conflated now. That will impact your call backs I'm sure.
Kinda crazy that Band of Brothers was made in 2001. I doubt those 3 episodes he did are impacting him much. My guess is that the $20 million per year he still makes yearly from Friends syndication affects what roles he even attempts to get. Schwimmer slowed down his working considerably since 2012. If I was getting $20 a year to do nothing I am not sure I'd work at all.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Actors must work, duo coachinella.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

anyone else find insurance commercials to be funnier than nearly all others?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

they're trying to make us hate them less for being one if the most crooked, over litigated no helpful money stealing business around. laughter medicine. Insurance is a required money suck and it is absolutely corrupt.

Also, my car insurance, which I've had the same company for 25 years and have never used...went up 17% this year...just because. across the board company wide increase to cover rising costs. Oh yea? go fuck yourself state farm. My costs are increasing too. I've never ever filed a claim....

also fuck the lawyers that specialize in fucking over regular people on behalf of the insurance companies.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:02 am anyone else find insurance commercials to be funnier than nearly all others?
Which ones?

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Looks like I have a family thing tomorrow at 3. Can I watch the game on espn minus later?
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 pm Looks like I have a family thing tomorrow at 3. Can I watch the game on espn minus later?
Thanks for you question! We at ESPN try very hard to ensure your stream is as unreliable and low resolution as possible in real time. A delayed feed would result in high res and would unfortunately follow the action without interruption. We will be raising the price of ESPN+ soon to continue to give you the viewing experience you expect from a company that loses money on sports. In America.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Lol
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

This seems appropriate:
https://youtu.be/bTNiweGySc4?si=PMrTd59yIZgEt5mk

The ending is hilarious
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:42 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:02 am anyone else find insurance commercials to be funnier than nearly all others?
Which ones?

the “becoming your parents” ones are definitely tops for us, but i’m also a fan of the LiMu Emu (and Doug) ones
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sparko wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:58 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 pm Looks like I have a family thing tomorrow at 3. Can I watch the game on espn minus later?
Thanks for you question! We at ESPN try very hard to ensure your stream is as unreliable and low resolution as possible in real time. A delayed feed would result in high res and would unfortunately follow the action without interruption. We will be raising the price of ESPN+ soon to continue to give you the viewing experience you expect from a company that loses money on sports. In America.
potd
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Masters of the Air, aside from haircuts, pretty good. The 351st Bomb Sq had a Jayhawk emblem. Riding a bomb smoking a cigar.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:37 am they're trying to make us hate them less for being one if the most crooked, over litigated no helpful money stealing business around. laughter medicine. Insurance is a required money suck and it is absolutely corrupt.

Also, my car insurance, which I've had the same company for 25 years and have never used...went up 17% this year...just because. across the board company wide increase to cover rising costs. Oh yea? go fuck yourself state farm. My costs are increasing too. I've never ever filed a claim....

also fuck the lawyers that specialize in fucking over regular people on behalf of the insurance companies.
Insurance companies are on the list of companies that I will never work for because fuck them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

binged the first three episodes of Masters of the Air last night

kinda slow, but very well done. the aerial combat scenes are phenomenal
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MOTA really does follow the Miller book and autobiography of Harry Crosby. Right down to silly white sheepskin B3 jacket Egan wore. Haircuts and some markings mistakes aside, it is very well done given how few B-17s are now left to borrow.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s Tom Hanks, so i guess it comes as no surprise