Post by jhawks99 »

I'm kinda with twocoach on this.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by TDub »

finally able to watch Alone season 10

also just found out they had an Alone Australia, just 1 season so far. It....wasn't great though. Similar to Labrador season 9 in it's lack of anything really happening.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:07 pm finally able to watch Alone season 10

also just found out they had an Alone Australia, just 1 season so far. It....wasn't great though. Similar to Labrador season 9 in it's lack of anything really happening.
i was quite impressed with the WOMAN that won the Aussie version (located on Tasmania). i was disappointed in season 10
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:16 am

i was quite impressed with the WOMAN that won the Aussie version (located on Tasmania). i was disappointed in season 10
she was a tough woman, she did well given the circumstances. I just thought it was sort of a boring season, and I didn't like the area they picked.

and that's too bad about season 10. I had high hopes, the first two episodes seemed to be setting up for a good season and a long haul...though, i think the effort to build full on log cabins is too draining unless you have a consitent supply of food, got to have calories to expend that much energy. Ill still watch the rest.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 am

she was a tough woman, she did well given the circumstances. I just thought it was sort of a boring season, and I didn't like the area they picked.

and that's too bad about season 10. I had high hopes, the first two episodes seemed to be setting up for a good season and a long haul...though, i think the effort to build full on log cabins is too draining unless you have a consitent supply of food, got to have calories to expend that much energy. Ill still watch the rest.
yeah, i’d still watch it

i guess i’m just to the point now, having watched all the seasons, spin-offs, and similar contests, that i’m arm-chair quarterbacking too much and questioning why people are (or aren’t) doing what they are

these macho twats that go into it thinking they’re going to win the day by only hunting big game annoy the fuck out of me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:38 am

yeah, i’d still watch it

i guess i’m just to the point now, having watched all the seasons, spin-offs, and similar contests, that i’m arm-chair quarterbacking too much and questioning why people are (or aren’t) doing what they are

these macho twats that go into it thinking they’re going to win the day by only hunting big game annoy the fuck out of me
haha I had that exact same thought 20 minutes into the first episode of season 10.

The people that do best are the ones that work with the area, not try to impose their superiority on the area.

Nature is way more powerful than any one single person. And big game....that lives out there 100% of their lives...are way better at navigating it than we will ever be before hunger destroys your energy
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'm not saying I could do better, I'm fairly positive that I could not. But, I'd never go into it thinking that I am going to overpower nature and dominate everything......thats just silly to me.

I would never be confident about anything out there....too much we can't control. Simple problems become major problems when no ones around and there is no help or back up plan, no comforting soup and bed for sickness, no rest and antibiotics for simple cuts etc.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I'll enjoy it while we got it though, eventually someone's gonna die out there being stupid or unlucky and the lawsuits will shut it all down.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:42 am

yeah, i’d still watch it

haha I had that exact same thought 20 minutes into the first episode of season 10.

The people that do best are the ones that work with the area, not try to impose their superiority on the area.

Nature is way more powerful than any one single person. And big game....that lives out there 100% of their lives...are way better at navigating it than we will ever be before hunger destroys your energy
agreed. also, while there is definitely a level of skill involved in “taking down” big game, it seems so much of it on this show is more luck than anything…luck of the draw on the site you get, and then lucking out on having such animals move through you area (and you seeing them when they do)

the bush-crafting is hands down the most interesting part for me. that Aussie building a fucking bush loom blew me away
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:45 am I'm not saying I could do better, I'm fairly positive that I could not. But, I'd never go into it thinking that I am going to overpower nature and dominate everything......thats just silly to me.

I would never be confident about anything out there....too much we can't control. Simple problems become major problems when no ones around and there is no help or back up plan, no comforting soup and bed for sickness, no rest and antibiotics for simple cuts etc.
right now i couldn’t, but with a few months of learning about where i would be going in order to identify the native flora, i think i’d do just fine

the bow hunting would be my biggest issue simply because i don’t have the experience and practice
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:46 am I'll enjoy it while we got it though, eventually someone's gonna die out there being stupid or unlucky and the lawsuits will shut it all down.
the wife says the same thing lol
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:48 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:42 am
yeah, i’d still watch it

agreed. also, while there is definitely a level of skill involved in “taking down” big game, it seems so much of it on this show is more luck than anything…luck of the draw on the site you get, and then lucking out on having such animals move through you area (and you seeing them when they do)

the bush-crafting is hands down the most interesting part for me. that Aussie building a fucking bush loom blew me away
as with all hunting, even with modern rifles, luck plays a major role. To think your going to go out there with a recurve bow in a limited and defined area and absolutely knock one down is just...crazy to me.

The Bush loom was amazing. I'm also always amazed at the creativity.in lots of the bushcraft.

But, I also remind myself that without tv and phones and other activities, there is a lot of time out there to think and be creative and work on things, particularly low energy endeavors.

Reminds me a little but of when I was younger and we had no TV and no cellphones....we spent all day making crude traps and creating fishing devices etc...just as a form of entertainment and time killing. A lot of that type of creativity is dead in modern society with its easy entertainment options. I am as guilty of that as any.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Learned of this "series" this morning.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQjarePbys&t=93s
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

looking forward to new season of True Detective starting this weekend
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Let me tell you how things work in Overland Park:

https://youtu.be/-STtD96doeo?si=dGq4Mimx9NqoSxGu

The creators must post here
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Other than the really bad CGI to start the episode, I thought there was enough in the first episode of True Detective S4 to have me intrigued.

Kenny’s brother obviously gonna be the bad guy covering something up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:59 am Other than the really bad CGI to start the episode, I thought there was enough in the first episode of True Detective S4 to have me intrigued.

Kenny’s brother obviously gonna be the bad guy covering something up.
Look forward to watching it…once we’re through Fargo.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

dolomite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:51 pm You gotta love Reacher season 2 on Paramount Plus. He’s even bigger this season 6’5 and 250 or so. He could whip Tom Cruise with one arm tied behind his back.
Also Fargo (FX) new season is a fun show to watch.
Reacher is so bad it’s good. Also, Greg Olsen looks like a cross between Reacher and Dexter.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Rewatching Band of Brothers w/my 13 year-old.

Cuz.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:23 pm Rewatching Band of Brothers w/my 13 year-old.

Cuz.
I watch it once or twice a year. I think every 13 year old should see it.
Defense. Rebounds.