Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Outsider was really good.
HBO freaking kills it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

McClintock is on TCM now. One of my favorite movies.
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Starting watching Deadwood
Re-watch Band of Brothers

You all must watch Tiger King. That is some amazing television.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Tiger king was very interesting.

Like most netflix limited series, it would have benefitted if it'd been 20% shorter.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Weekend plans call for Altered Carbon season 2
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Good writing in the second season.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Deadwood is fantastic television.

What’s the idea of the tiger king? What is it about?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am Deadwood is fantastic television.

Watching episode 1 of Tiger King this moment, but heard a lot about it. It's a 7-part documentary of roadside zoos, and big cat enthusiasts, and the over-the-top personalities that go along with it. Below is the trailer. I would say, in my limited time with the show, it's pretty fair, and not stupid over the top. Or at least no more so than the subjects being filmed. It doesn't feel sensationalized like it comes off in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTdxsoa428
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am Good writing in the second season.
It's been interesting to see the changes from the books.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 am Tiger king was very interesting.

Like most netflix limited series, it would have benefitted if it'd been 20% shorter.
Not saying it is the perfect length, but actually thought every episode of Tiger King had very entertaining and new information. Which, as you suggest, is not always the case with Netflix.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Vega wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:27 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 am Deadwood is fantastic television.

Watching episode 1 of Tiger King this moment, but heard a lot about it. It's a 7-part documentary of roadside zoos, and big cat enthusiasts, and the over-the-top personalities that go along with it. Below is the trailer. I would say, in my limited time with the show, it's pretty fair, and not stupid over the top. Or at least no more so than the subjects being filmed. It doesn't feel sensationalized like it comes off in the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acTdxsoa428
I read this description on reddit, and it is pretty spot on:

"Joe’s a gun-toting gay polygamist redneck who sings country music when he’s not at the zoo and he may not even be the craziest person featured."
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am "Joe’s a gun-toting gay polygamist redneck who sings country music when he’s not at the zoo and he may not even be the craziest person featured."
Needs more Tiger in the description.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I have avoided Tiger King because I haven't forgotten this. At the time, and now, I can't understand why anyone would want a picture of themselves badly enough to pose with one of nature's most capable killing machines. But, maybe I'll reconsider, since you all seem to like it?

Mound Valley, Kan. A Siberian tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for a picture at an animal sanctuary Thursday morning in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff’s office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A release said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for a photo with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.

Officers and handlers killed the animal. Emergency personnel were not able to revive Hilderbrand, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am I have avoided Tiger King because I haven't forgotten this. At the time, and now, I can't understand why anyone would want a picture of themselves badly enough to pose with one of nature's most capable killing machines. But, maybe I'll reconsider, since you all seem to like it?

Mound Valley, Kan. A Siberian tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for a picture at an animal sanctuary Thursday morning in southeast Kansas, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff’s office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A release said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for a photo with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.

Officers and handlers killed the animal. Emergency personnel were not able to revive Hilderbrand, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.

[...]
The doc does not glorify the owners or the parks. Quite the opposite, really.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:39 am
Feral wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am I have avoided Tiger King because I haven't forgotten this. At the time, and now, I can't understand why anyone would want a picture of themselves badly enough to pose with one of nature's most capable killing machines. But, maybe I'll reconsider, since you all seem to like it?

[...]
The doc does not glorify the owners or the parks. Quite the opposite, really.
Thanks, the "documentary" part hadn't stuck with me.

Indications are increasing that I'll watch it.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I just finished the 1st episode. All parties are insane.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm I just finished the 1st episode. All parties are insane.
^^^^^^

watched episode 1 a couple nights ago
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 pm I just finished the 1st episode. All parties are insane.
just wait.

They get MORE insane.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Shirley's last post also reminded me: Joe Exotic, of course, grew up a Kansan.

Garden City. Bat-shit crazy white trash people out that direction.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:31 pm Shirley's last post also reminded me: Joe Exotic, of course, grew up a Kansan.

Garden City. Bat-shit crazy white trash people out that direction.
"Shirley" is banned.
Anand Giridharadas