Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by defixione »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 am
Vega wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 pm If you thought of yourself as a loyal employee, think again.
We had a mass exodus in my company that I stuck around and it has progressed my career tremendously. Stayed up to 1 am for a 17 hour day because of something that came up, and don’t mind a bit. If I loss a fingernail in the confines of my building, I’d be demanding as fuck.
I shot an 18 ga nail through my hand yesterday, between the thimb and forefinger. It was a wonderful explosion of expletives for a minute. Then back to it. At least it was just an 18ga nail.

I also thought to myself that id rather do that 100 more times than get sick.
Only a flesh wound.

I took a 16d nail, out out the gun, straight into my femur, about 3/4" to the side of my patela. Sucker was 3" deep into my bone.

Didn't go dancing that night.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Florida Girls is pretty good if you are into crude brainless nonsense.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

defixione wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 pm

We had a mass exodus in my company that I stuck around and it has progressed my career tremendously. Stayed up to 1 am for a 17 hour day because of something that came up, and don’t mind a bit. If I loss a fingernail in the confines of my building, I’d be demanding as fuck.
I shot an 18 ga nail through my hand yesterday, between the thimb and forefinger. It was a wonderful explosion of expletives for a minute. Then back to it. At least it was just an 18ga nail.

Only a flesh wound.

I took a 16d nail, out out the gun, straight into my femur, about 3/4" to the side of my patela. Sucker was 3" deep into my bone.

Ouch!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:17 am Good writing in the second season.
Not as great as season 1 (Mackie just never really filled Kinnamon's shoes, imo), but still pretty damn awesome.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I kinda felt the same but felt the plot line and other side issues made up for it. Really loved the focus on Poe.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Just finished Tiger King tonight. Should Carole be in jail? Probably/

They should all be in jail.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:16 pm I kinda felt the same but felt the plot line and other side issues made up for it. Really loved the focus on Poe.
The second Poe showed up in the very first episode, I knew I was going to enjoy it.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1970 NBA Finals is on NBA network. Featuring Wilt.

Lakers at Nicks.

1st thing I noticed is that the entire screen is dedicated to the game. No crawler thingie and no graphics. Just game.
Defense. Rebounds.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I watched some of the 16-inning, 1986 NLCS game between the Mets and Astros last night. Made it through 13 innings. Cool to see a game in the Astrodome again.

And fuck Lenny Dykstra. What a psycho.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

chiknbut wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:30 pm I watched some of the 16-inning, 1986 NLCS game between the Mets and Astros last night. Made it through 13 innings. Cool to see a game in the Astrodome again.

You should listen to a podcast called the dollop. They do an episode on his ridiculousness
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

defixione wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Only a flesh wound.

Ouch, goddamn. Ive shot myself with a 16 through the hand. But the leg?! Damn, painful in sure.

I watched a carpenter next to me bury a skilsaw in his upper thigh. Luckily it wasnt set at full depth and luckily he missed the femoral or he wouldve died next to me.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Holy shit.

I watched my brother nail my dad's hand to a door header and watched a buddy of my nail the web of his left hand to the top plate of a wall.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ha! If id nailed my dad to a header I dont believe id be here to tell the story.
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm
chiknbut wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:30 pm I watched some of the 16-inning, 1986 NLCS game between the Mets and Astros last night. Made it through 13 innings. Cool to see a game in the Astrodome again.

You should listen to a podcast called the dollop. They do an episode on his ridiculousness
There is clearly something wrong with Lenny, mentally. Still, I was posting about his days with the Mets - dickhead!
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Totally agree but he was a hell of a ballplayer.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The new season of Homeland is fantastic. Every season of Homeland is fantastic.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:09 am 1970 NBA Finals is on NBA network. Featuring Wilt.

Lakers at Nicks.

1st thing I noticed is that the entire screen is dedicated to the game. No crawler thingie and no graphics. Just game.
I've noticed this watching a few classic games recently. All of a sudden to score randomly pops up for a few seconds. Drove me crazy, lol. I can do without a ton of graphics, but a score needs to be on the screen.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ha. Pay attention and you don't need it.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I think Carole 86'd him
Defense. Rebounds.