Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 pm Any game background needed? What shows would you compare it to?
No, no game experience needed.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Secrets of the Octopus is starting out really good. When dud more than 1 become octopuses?

And, damn, no more pulpo for 99.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

fallout is good. not great.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Baby Reindeer is...interesting...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not a TV show, but finally got to American Fiction last weekend. Can't remember the last movie I watched that was as good. Funny, tragic, surprising, inventive, hopeful, earnest. Meaningful, but without being self-serious.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Jeopardy! Masters

Mattea is still annoying
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm Baby Reindeer is...interesting...
we enjoyed it quite a bit

the, uh, shocking turns it takes kept us interested…easy to binge
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Finishing up Vikings on Netflix, had never watched it before for some reason. Thoroughly enjoyable late night watching. Fun to imagine living at such a time in such a place. What a bizarre existence that must have been. I like to imagine stealing someone from those times and bringing them to our time a la Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 am Finishing up Vikings on Netflix, had never watched it before for some reason. Thoroughly enjoyable late night watching. Fun to imagine living at such a time in such a place. What a bizarre existence that must have been. I like to imagine stealing someone from those times and bringing them to our time a la Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
I enjoyed the parts of Shogun that were like this - it is fascinating to think about the notion of cultures colliding.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 am
twocoach wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 am Finishing up Vikings on Netflix, had never watched it before for some reason. Thoroughly enjoyable late night watching. Fun to imagine living at such a time in such a place. What a bizarre existence that must have been. I like to imagine stealing someone from those times and bringing them to our time a la Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
I enjoyed the parts of Shogun that were like this - it is fascinating to think about the notion of cultures colliding.
Yeah, just thinking how wildly different such cultures were when the reality was that they weren't terribly far apart is interesting. I also find the fact that many women were warriors and leaders of communities and not just relegated to being baby factories to be refreshing and fascinating.

I haven't watched Shogun yet; I may try that next.