Post by imzcount »

imzcount

Re: Nancy needs to be impeached!

Post by imzcount »

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGToDb-ggV ... a74t7y0php

Not sure i have ever heard someone accuse wolf of being a republican apologist or that CNN covers republicans favorably. Nancy is a fucking lunatic.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

When did the House pass the relief package? How has the Senate voted on it?

Moscow Mitch won’t even talk to Wolf, so there’s that. Why hasn’t Wolf asked Mitch if confirming a SCOTUS justice is more important than voting on the House bill? If you don’t like it then pass one on your own and send it to conference.

F$);))ing bothsiders.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Instead of trying to win by finding strong candidates within her party, she wasted 3 years trying to impeach the president -- sad and pathetic. I laughed my ass off when she was busted at the salon in San Fran. She is just another entitled, overpaid government person who believes that she is above her own laws. :lol:
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You mean the most corrupt President in history who has assumed a fascist despot pose? And made the United States the laughing stock of the world with the highest COVID-19 death rate of any industrialized country by far? Even Sweden did 30-percent better doing nothing. A man who paid less taxes than Lobster because he was stealing from us? Trump as a traitor probably should have been impeached Day One.
Deleted User 310

Sparko wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:23 am You mean the most corrupt President in history who has assumed a fascist despot pose? And made the United States the laughing stock of the world with the highest COVID-19 death rate of any industrialized country by far? Even Sweden did 30-percent better doing nothing. A man who paid less taxes than Lobster because he was stealing from us? Trump as a traitor probably should have been impeached Day One.
I don't think your Sweden comment is accurate....
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:29 pm Sweden has a total of 94k cases (0.009 % of total population)

daily positives are around 500

total deaths are just under 6k

their per capita death rate, though, is higher (36) than the US (27), and neighboring Denmark (9)
Deleted User 310

Not to mention if you take out New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts, which account for like 25ish% of our deaths, i think the United States looks FAR better.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if you take the most populous geographies out of any country’s numbers, things look rosier
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:49 am if you take the most populous geographies out of any country’s numbers, things look rosier
Sure...but there are plenty or other populous areas of our country that did significantly better than those 3.

Either way, the statement that Sweden did 30% "better" is false as far as i can tell.
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:04 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:49 am if you take the most populous geographies out of any country’s numbers, things look rosier
Sure...but there are plenty or other populous areas of our country that did significantly better than those 3.

Either way, the statement that Sweden did 30% "better" is false as far as i can tell.
true about sweden

false about your first statement

look at which states are continuing to have issues...utah, idaho, wyoming, the dakotas

(they aren’t those that are most populous, or with high population densities)

it’s an infectious disease that i has airborne transmission...logic would tell you that, all else equal, the most populous and population dense places SHOULD have the hardest time

so what does that say about those who are having difficulty now?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 am Not to mention if you take out New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts, which account for like 25ish% of our deaths, i think the United States looks FAR better.
You're kidding with this statement. Right? Who the F are you? A Trump?
Sorry dude, you don't get to "take out" what you would like to. It just doesn't work that way.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:30 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:47 am Not to mention if you take out New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts, which account for like 25ish% of our deaths, i think the United States looks FAR better.
Sorry dude, you don't get to "take out" what you would like to. It just doesn't work that way.
We were talking about sweden doing better, which they aren't.
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:27 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:04 am

true about sweden

false about your first statement

look at which states are continuing to have issues...utah, idaho, wyoming, the dakotas

(they aren’t those that are most populous, or with high population densities)

I was talking about chicago, LA, etc, doing better than New York did.

Per capita wise some of the small counties around my larger county are a shit show right now...so i am with you on the less dense areas getting hit as well. It is just less noticeable to them (in their eyes) becuase the raw number of deaths is lower so it is more easy to glance over i think (in their eyes, not mine).
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Actually if you take out NY, NJ, MA in March and April the numbers look far far worse from the standpoint of how badly it’s been botched, compared to everywhere except India and Brazil.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 am
Yes, in talking about Sweden you were doing as such while comparing Sweden to the USA.
Then you decided to take something OUT for comparison's sake.
Now you are saying Sweden isn't doing better than the USA. Isn't doing better at what?
"Total cases"? "Daily positives"? "Total deaths"? "Per-capita rates?" How they have handled the virus in terms of keeping their "economy" "open"?
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:23 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:45 am

Yes, in talking about Sweden you were doing as such while comparing Sweden to the USA.
Then you decided to take something OUT for comparison's sake.
Now you are saying Sweden isn't doing better than the USA. Isn't doing better at what?
"Total cases"? "Daily positives"? "Total deaths"? "Per-capita rates?" How they have handled the virus in terms of keeping their "economy" "open"?
Per capita rates is the only meaningful way to compare a country the size of the united states and a country the size of Sweden.

And my only reasoning for taking those places OUT of the USA numbers is becuase they account for like 25% of the deaths, but not 25% of the total population....all i was saying was that some spots of the united states have done better than others. None perfect, but some have done okay.
Deleted User 89

i wonder, if some parts of Sweden have done better than others?
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:18 am i wonder, if some parts of Sweden have done better than others?
Per capita?

My guess, is like you have pointed out, when you adjust it to per capita even the some rural parts of our country share similar %s with some of more densely populated areas....so i would guess their numbers are similar in terms to each other? Some parts do better than others in every country would be my guess.