How Ya'all Doin?

You Love It.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: How Ya'all Doin?

Post by KUTradition »

jfc…trying to navigate international wire transfers b/t my credit union and 5 different entities in europe

of course, after waiting on the line just to talk to someone, then being put on hold so she can go check the deets with someone else, i’m told the int’l dept doesn’t do transfers after 11am and that they’ll have to call me back in the morning
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Wire transfers have incredible fraud risk. There are good reasons why they are difficult, and they are all to protect your money.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:57 pm Wire transfers have incredible fraud risk. There are good reasons why they are difficult, and they are all to protect your money.
and i appreciate all that

it just sucks trying to get it done within a relatively small window of time and in an incognito sorta way (super duper confidential within my company)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:43 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:41 am I'm navigating a pain cave but may try gig instead of full for a bit.
Been getting an OK stream of work without any advertising of myself by word of mouth.
In between gigs, I've created my brand and collected all the work i've done over the last five years.
Launched today.

Any owning your own biz tips?
( i've found that Quickbooks is a very helpful tool )
If you've gone to the trouble to run your business through an LLC, be sure to take the relatively painless steps needed to defend against a "veil-piercing" claim in the case there is an issue.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what does that mean?
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Don’t worry, Illy is an expert on EVERYTHING. He will be along shortly to argue that point
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

there's lots of experts on everything here.

I was just curious what Fish was talking about and if its something I should know about.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:45 pm Welp.
Helluva 18 hours.
KU looses big time.
Next morning my boss explains how he wants for us to part ways. Have to write up a severance negotiation tonight.

Thread is now a C.
Just a few days after my one year sevaversary, said boss is fired.
Bye betch.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Break up with her
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

there is a certain...poetic justice...or something to it, right?

shortly after I was fired a couple years back, the top brass sat down the chick who fired me and gave her a deal:

"if you want to keep working here, you can keep your title if you want, but if you do, we're reducing your role and cutting your pay in half."

She left, and last I heard, has been bouncing around jobs since.

considering she was otherwise considered to be immune from consequences (how can you fire the owner's BIL's girlfriend? And she was pushing the family angle hard and hoping for a ring, until BIL called it off, and the owner felt sorry for her so he kept promoting her at his guest resort...yay nepotism!)

but yeah, I think they finally caught on that she didn't actually do anything around there and no one liked her, and mostly just played office politics and started petty drama with those who actually did do things and everyone liked, like me.

but all me aside, that says a lot about the company culture, don't it? After 15 years there, they're "reducing your role and cutting your pay" like a break room donut lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Where’s Shirley?

Been unable to walk on my big toe for a week. Was breaking in new sandals and had upped my running to double the miles week before. Also night before had several drinks and ate spicy wings.

X ray negative. Uric acid they said is fine but it was 7.8. Don’t feel like symptoms of gout though, hurts on the bottom when pressed but not like needles or shooting pain all around.

Docs are like, who knows bro, here is some prednisone.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

getting old sucks.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Goin' to the Sea Dogs tonight ( tied for 1st place! ) and playing the ol get people more interested in baseball game.

People put 10 bucks each in a pool. Pick from a hat ( or use my web app ) to get randomly assigned batters on both home and away teams. Usually you'll get two batters ( you'll get 3 if you're playing with just 2 people ) and they are always as high the top of the order as possible. Decide the inning in which payouts will double ( usually the 4th or 5th inning ).

When a persons batter reaches base, they get paid out. A batter is defined by the home or away team and then the order they bat. So one person could have Home 1 and Away 2 meaning the 1st batter for the home team and the 2nd batter for the away.

Payout: $1 per base. $2 per hit. $10 for a homerun. This payout means:

$1 walk.
$3 single.
$4 double.
$5 triple.
$10 home run.

Double the payout on decided upon inning. Play until the pot is gone.

Optional rule: $1 for each RBI.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Won 13 ( actually only 3 because of the buy in ).
Someone won 32 with several hits and a double payout home run.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you were working on your own and you told a friend in a similar established business, but maybe 20 percent of what you do, that you would refer them to work, would you take that to mean that you would
A. refer them all of that type of work from here forward or
B. refer them that type of work when you were not able to do it or did not want to.

( i.e. you were a handyman who could paint houses but did more than paint houses and knew a friend who just painted houses )
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I only refer other contractors to

A. Work I don't want to do
B. Work I don't have time to do.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think that’s fair even if they are your good friends. That is also what I assumed.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:34 pm Hang in there everyone.
We'll figure this out.
John Locke > Thomas Hobbes.

Still good. Hope you all are, too.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Just used the "bump the topic" tool.

So, so much easier than having to craft an actual post. very cool.

Anyway, to the topic, I'm good.