John Locke > Thomas Hobbes.
ChalkRocker

Re: How Ya'all Doin?

Post by ChalkRocker »

Nice Thread.

Nice post.

Good person.

Thx, bruddah...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm okay.

wondering when we're gonna get sports back. And if I would violate the shelter in place order if I went fishing. I could say I'm going to catch dinner, and that would really be just as essential as going to the grocery store, right?

I was thinking about starting a self-enrichment thread, and see what everyone's been doing to make the most of our time all hunkered down. I've been tying flies, and trying to read more, but mostly just building a beeramid with beav LOL it's halfway across the living room wall already...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohhh! And I also meant to start a social distance dating thread.

Since the public library is closed, I’m checking you out instead.

You can’t spell virus without U and I...just like you can’t spell quarantine without U R A Q T.

Girl if you need toilet paper, let me be your Prince Charmin.

One ply? Two ply? All Prince Charmin is looking for is your re-ply.

Without you my life is even emptier than a grocery store shelf.

Wanna get closer than 6 feet? (Sure, but I don’t touch hands on the first date...)

Even during a pandemic, the most contagious thing around is still your smile.

I saw you from across the bar. Stay there.

But for real, what’s a cute little thing like you doing out at a place like this? No seriously wtf, go home.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:37 am Ohhh! And I also meant to start a social distance dating thread.

Since the public library is closed, I’m checking you out instead.

You can’t spell virus without U and I...just like you can’t spell quarantine without U R A Q T.

Girl if you need toilet paper, let me be your Prince Charmin.

One ply? Two ply? All Prince Charmin is looking for is your re-ply.

Without you my life is even emptier than a grocery store shelf.

Wanna get closer than 6 feet? (Sure, but I don’t touch hands on the first date...)

Even during a pandemic, the most contagious thing around is still your smile.

I saw you from across the bar. Stay there.

But for real, what’s a cute little thing like you doing out at a place like this? No seriously wtf, go home.
potd
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

idle hands....
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My perma-lady-roomie cut my hair today.
I'm no CR so I'm not the best grader but...C-? Maybe solid C?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:34 pm
John Locke > Thomas Hobbes.
sLaVEs!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I live in NoLaw, backed up to the levee, in the area where the real estate tycoon built all of the fabulous modern homes. I've been building a tool shed in my backyard and it's great to see all of the people using the levee today. Families out for walks or bike rides; couples lazily passing by; moms pushing baby carriages; college/high school guys and gals jogging; old men struggling to put one foot in front of the other. They all had smiles on their faces, I didn't see one look of angst or frustration. I look forward to the spring and fall activities on the levee--usually the female athletes run in their skimpies. I'm a rubber necker. . . and a dirty old man, I guess.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I am still seeing people in my private practice and I have been amazed at the effect the closing down of outside events has had on families. I expected lots of fighting and misery, but - with obvious exceptions - people are remarkably happy.

I see a lot of teenagers, and the vast majority (after swearing me to secrecy) have confided that they actually LIKE not having 19 sports practices and events to be at, and that they are enjoying more time with their parents and siblings.

Couples report that they are communicating better, actually becoming reacquainted with their kids, and are getting caught up on tasks around the home that have been put off for years. Men and women who have been at each others' throats for months or years have found a common enemy and are united against it.

It warms my heart, and it may put me out of a job if people keep leaning on each other. It still sucks for those of us who live alone, but I'm genuinely happy for the rest of you. Maybe we don't need toilet paper to be happy.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I met a guy who lives on my block today.
His name was Todd.
He's gonna learn to paint his house this spring.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm I live in NoLaw, backed up to the levee, in the area where the real estate tycoon built all of the fabulous modern homes. I've been building a tool shed in my backyard and it's great to see all of the people using the levee today. Families out for walks or bike rides; couples lazily passing by; moms pushing baby carriages; college/high school guys and gals jogging; old men struggling to put one foot in front of the other. They all had smiles on their faces, I didn't see one look of angst or frustration. I look forward to the spring and fall activities on the levee--usually the female athletes run in their skimpies. I'm a rubber necker. . . and a dirty old man, I guess.
Yes! My junior and senior years at KU, I ran that levee more days than not. Such a cool spot, especially with a running buddy who dressed like a...dirty old man, I guess. And those trails in the woods along the river are among the best kept secrets in Lawrence, I mean, what trails?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:50 pm
defixione wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm I live in NoLaw, backed up to the levee, in the area where the real estate tycoon built all of the fabulous modern homes. I've been building a tool shed in my backyard and it's great to see all of the people using the levee today. Families out for walks or bike rides; couples lazily passing by; moms pushing baby carriages; college/high school guys and gals jogging; old men struggling to put one foot in front of the other. They all had smiles on their faces, I didn't see one look of angst or frustration. I look forward to the spring and fall activities on the levee--usually the female athletes run in their skimpies. I'm a rubber necker. . . and a dirty old man, I guess.
Yes! My junior and senior years at KU, I ran that levee more days than not. Such a cool spot, especially with a running buddy who dressed like a...dirty old man, I guess. And those trails in the woods along the river are among the best kept secrets in Lawrence, I mean, what trails?
I used to ride my mt bike on the levee behind Defixione's house to get to "those trails in the woods along the river", a lot!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’ve also heard they’ve significantly expanded trails out and around Clinton lake along the reservoir to the youth complex and trafficway.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they’re supposed to have a complete trail encircling the city
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

n/m
Last edited by ChalkRocker on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CR just brought this thread from an A to an F.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

oh, pleez. I said "n/m".