Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by ousdahl »

I am the walrus?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 am I am the walrus?
SHUT THE FUCK UP, DONNIE!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Illanich Uleninov!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:02 pm lol. You know how to whine like a toddler, Dr.
Agreed.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 am
ChalkRocker wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:02 pm lol. You know how to whine like a toddler, Dr.
Agreed.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Illanich Uleninov!
that’s just...OVER THE LINE!!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am
Agreed.
Geez another smartass response. Why cant we just be adults and talk about my life. Just mine, like, specifically my exact life, and only me.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Agreed.
Geez another smartass response. Why cant we just be adults and talk about my life. Just mine, like, specifically my exact life, and only me.
I didn't know it was possible to be THAT Self-centered while simultaneously lacking ANY hint of self-awareness.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed.
As I said, I'd love to hear more about this school district situation in your area that you brought up in the thread about the NRA.

Or was it you just trying to make something out of nothing while subsequently whining about the media constantly making something about nothing in regards to Trump?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'd say your guys's bickering is derailing the thread, but I suppose it's all right in line with the OP
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 pm
As I said, I'd love to hear more about this school district situation in your area that you brought up in the thread about the NRA.

Or was it you just trying to make something out of nothing while subsequently whining about the media constantly making something about nothing in regards to Trump?
The school district is not sponsoring any online learning. Some of the teachers are hosting online learning lessons but they are doing that out of the goodness of their heart and none of it is being counted toward anything ad far as credits or the like. Of course, again, ive already explaines the situation previously.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's nutz. WTF is the schoolbored thinking?
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Teachers are getting paid. They should be hosting online and taking phone calls and figuring out what to do with the curriculum when the rest of this school year is abandoned.

Teachers are getting paid.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

They are still providing breakfast and lunch options available for pick up. Which is good of them
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm

The school district is not sponsoring any online learning. Some of the teachers are hosting online learning lessons but they are doing that out of the goodness of their heart and none of it is being counted toward anything ad far as credits or the like. Of course, again, ive already explaines the situation previously.
What's the name of this school district? I am interested in doing some research.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:05 pm

What's the name of this school district? I am interested in doing some research.
Geezus you're an arrogant fucking prick.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education- ... s-closure/

This article from a week ago talks about it. A lot of schools didn't go online because they didn't have the capabilities or many of the students didn't have access to the internet.

And it has nothing to do with what Mich was alluding to, teachers aren't not teaching out of laziness. I'm sure they all want to teach, they just don't have the ability because of technological limitations. There are all kind of stories of teachers going above and beyond to help their students. So, mich will be happy to know they're earning their fucking paychecks that he seems to think they shouldn't get.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You really are a peach.

" Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Oregon’s online schools also subject to Gov. Kate Brown’s coronavirus closure order"

"Online academies are now barred from enrolling new students, however, according to the presentation. And among the reasons why is state officials’ fear that families will drop out of their neighborhood schools in favor of an online option, which would decrease funding for public brick-and-mortar schools across the state."

"Instead, the online portal the Portland district has launched contains supplemental material that isn’t meant to be graded or advance students along the learning tracks they began at the outset of this school year" (this is portland mind you, the local school district has not provided supplemental materials ... except some teachers doing it for themselves....as Ive said 4 times now)

https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/news ... a6f2ef0b26
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm

You really are a peach.

Oregon’s online schools also subject to Gov. Kate Brown’s coronavirus closure order"

"Online academies are now barred from enrolling new students, however, according to the presentation. And among the reasons why is state officials’ fear that families will drop out of their neighborhood schools in favor of an online option, which would decrease funding for public brick-and-mortar schools across the state."

"Instead, the online portal the Portland district has launched contains supplemental material that isn’t meant to be graded or advance students along the learning tracks they began at the outset of this school year" (this is portland mind you, the local school district has not provided supplemental materials ... except some teachers doing it for themselves....as Ive said 4 times now)

So the Portland Public School District, got it. Honestly, all it took was typing that out to answer my question.

Here's an article from March 27th about that school district preparing to roll out a robust online learning program. It sounds like they are preparing to exactly what I said they are already doing here:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 3f62e7c5eb

"On Friday, Portland Public Schools told teachers about plans to start working online next week. The idea is to roll out a more robust, multi-week home-based learning system. The district plans to release more details next week.

Up to this point, the district has posted learning resources on its website. It has also made learning packets available online and in hard copy at designated meal sites. The district says staff are preparing another set of learning materials that will include more math, arts and PE.

Next week, teachers will get curriculum and more direction on how to best address home learning while schools are closed, which for right now, is until April 28 in Oregon.

The idea for the multi-week home-based learning system is to facilitate more online interaction with students and make more digital learning resources available in core content areas for kids from pre-K to 12th grade. That educational material will also be available in paper form."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm

Geezus you're an arrogant fucking prick.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education- ... s-closure/

This article from a week ago talks about it. A lot of schools didn't go online because they didn't have the capabilities or many of the students didn't have access to the internet.

And it has nothing to do with what Mich was alluding to, teachers aren't not teaching out of laziness. I'm sure they all want to teach, they just don't have the ability because of technological limitations. There are all kind of stories of teachers going above and beyond to help their students. So, mich will be happy to know they're earning their fucking paychecks that he seems to think they shouldn't get.
Arrogant because it sounded strange to me that a public school district would simply shut down with no learning opportunities for their students at all and I wanted to read more about their situation to hear what hurdles they were encountering? You complain and hurl personal insults that I only pay attention to myself and then you complain and hurl personal insults when I show an interest in what others are going through and discussing.

Kinda sounds like to just like to complain and hurl personal insults.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm
You really are a peach.

So the Portland Public School District, got it. Honestly, all it took was typing that out to answer my question.

Here's an article from March 27th about that school district preparing to roll out a robust online learning program. It sounds like they are preparing to exactly what I said they are already doing here:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 3f62e7c5eb

"On Friday, Portland Public Schools told teachers about plans to start working online next week. The idea is to roll out a more robust, multi-week home-based learning system. The district plans to release more details next week.

Up to this point, the district has posted learning resources on its website. It has also made learning packets available online and in hard copy at designated meal sites. The district says staff are preparing another set of learning materials that will include more math, arts and PE.

Next week, teachers will get curriculum and more direction on how to best address home learning while schools are closed, which for right now, is until April 28 in Oregon.

The idea for the multi-week home-based learning system is to facilitate more online interaction with students and make more digital learning resources available in core content areas for kids from pre-K to 12th grade. That educational material will also be available in paper form."
Im not in portland. Its all off oregon. Now ive said it 5 times.
Just Ledoux it