twocoach

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:15 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 pm

You really are a peach.

" Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Oregon’s online schools also subject to Gov. Kate Brown’s coronavirus closure order"

"Online academies are now barred from enrolling new students, however, according to the presentation. And among the reasons why is state officials’ fear that families will drop out of their neighborhood schools in favor of an online option, which would decrease funding for public brick-and-mortar schools across the state."

"Instead, the online portal the Portland district has launched contains supplemental material that isn’t meant to be graded or advance students along the learning tracks they began at the outset of this school year" (this is portland mind you, the local school district has not provided supplemental materials ... except some teachers doing it for themselves....as Ive said 4 times now)

https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/news ... a6f2ef0b26
So the Portland Public School District, got it. Honestly, all it took was typing that out to answer my question.

Here's an article from March 27th about that school district preparing to roll out a robust online learning program. It sounds like they are preparing to exactly what I said they are already doing here:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 3f62e7c5eb

"On Friday, Portland Public Schools told teachers about plans to start working online next week. The idea is to roll out a more robust, multi-week home-based learning system. The district plans to release more details next week.

Up to this point, the district has posted learning resources on its website. It has also made learning packets available online and in hard copy at designated meal sites. The district says staff are preparing another set of learning materials that will include more math, arts and PE.

Next week, teachers will get curriculum and more direction on how to best address home learning while schools are closed, which for right now, is until April 28 in Oregon.

The idea for the multi-week home-based learning system is to facilitate more online interaction with students and make more digital learning resources available in core content areas for kids from pre-K to 12th grade. That educational material will also be available in paper form."
Im not in portland. Its all off oregon. Now ive said it 5 times.
Then how is the Portland Public School District doing what they are doing?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Charlie Kirk - definitely a first-ballot HOF douchebag.

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... 2520069121
Last edited by chiknbut on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:16 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 pm
So the Portland Public School District, got it. Honestly, all it took was typing that out to answer my question.

Here's an article from March 27th about that school district preparing to roll out a robust online learning program. It sounds like they are preparing to exactly what I said they are already doing here:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/ ... 3f62e7c5eb

"On Friday, Portland Public Schools told teachers about plans to start working online next week. The idea is to roll out a more robust, multi-week home-based learning system. The district plans to release more details next week.

Up to this point, the district has posted learning resources on its website. It has also made learning packets available online and in hard copy at designated meal sites. The district says staff are preparing another set of learning materials that will include more math, arts and PE.

Next week, teachers will get curriculum and more direction on how to best address home learning while schools are closed, which for right now, is until April 28 in Oregon.

The idea for the multi-week home-based learning system is to facilitate more online interaction with students and make more digital learning resources available in core content areas for kids from pre-K to 12th grade. That educational material will also be available in paper form."
Were you dropped on your head as a kid?
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Not that my parents have told me about but I have suffered easily a dozen or more concussions over my life so maybe that explains why I cant seem to get you to understand that every public school district in Oregon seems to be free to develop and provide online and hard copy learning tools to their students right now despite the order to close school buildings across the state.

I dont live there so I have no idea whether or not it has been explicitly banned to provide such tools. You're "it's all of Oregon" comment makes it sound as such. But it doesnt sound like that is what has happened based on what I found about the Portland schools.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

My god.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:13 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:05 pm
What's the name of this school district? I am interested in doing some research.
Geezus you're an arrogant fucking prick.

https://www.seattletimes.com/education- ... s-closure/

This article from a week ago talks about it. A lot of schools didn't go online because they didn't have the capabilities or many of the students didn't have access to the internet.

And it has nothing to do with what Mich was alluding to, teachers aren't not teaching out of laziness. I'm sure they all want to teach, they just don't have the ability because of technological limitations. There are all kind of stories of teachers going above and beyond to help their students. So, mich will be happy to know they're earning their fucking paychecks that he seems to think they shouldn't get.
Arrogant because it sounded strange to me that a public school district would simply shut down with no learning opportunities for their students at all and I wanted to read more about their situation to hear what hurdles they were encountering? You complain and hurl personal insults that I only pay attention to myself and then you complain and hurl personal insults when I show an interest in what others are going through and discussing.

Kinda sounds like to just like to complain and hurl personal insults.
Sorry you didn't get the "gotcha" moment you were hoping for with your "research"

Douchebag.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:05 pm
What's the name of this school district? I am interested in doing some research.

This article from a week ago talks about it. A lot of schools didn't go online because they didn't have the capabilities or many of the students didn't have access to the internet.

And it has nothing to do with what Mich was alluding to, teachers aren't not teaching out of laziness. I'm sure they all want to teach, they just don't have the ability because of technological limitations. There are all kind of stories of teachers going above and beyond to help their students. So, mich will be happy to know they're earning their fucking paychecks that he seems to think they shouldn't get.
Arrogant because it sounded strange to me that a public school district would simply shut down with no learning opportunities for their students at all and I wanted to read more about their situation to hear what hurdles they were encountering? You complain and hurl personal insults that I only pay attention to myself and then you complain and hurl personal insults when I show an interest in what others are going through and discussing.

Tdub wants Oregon to continue to fund these schools with taxpayer dollars during this time of state fiscal difficulties?

Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA), an online statewide charter school with 153 teachers serving about 4500 students, has been placed on the state’s a federally mandated improvement list.

https://thinkingoregon.org/2019/10/25/o ... ne-school/
Don't inject Lysol.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Shhhhh...He's trying to catch you in a lie.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This thread looks pretty fun.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 pm This thread looks pretty fun.
I thought we all could agree that keeping online learning available during a time when physical schools are shut down was a good idea. Boy, how wrong I was.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nm
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Is this the bitch about things related to COVID-19 thread?

If so, something that has bothered me the last couple of weeks are what are being sold as feel-good stories:

I think it shows the good nature of people when pro athletes donate money to the team's employees or stadium crew, or when local restaurants provide meals to children that aren't in school. BUT, are you fucking kidding me??? Why is this happening?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

People need positive news, even if its marginal at best. Too much negative right now.

And no, wrong thread. This one is the one where youre an asshole if you think online schools ahould be allowed to operate right now, and/or you think thw state should be doing more to facilitate online learning options instead of shutting them down.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 pm People need positive news, even if its marginal at best. Too much negative right now.

And no, wrong thread. This one is the one where youre an asshole if you think online schools ahould be allowed to operate right now, and/or you think thw state should be doing more to facilitate online learning options instead of shutting them down.
Well yeah, that is kind of how I made the tangent. Teachers having to dig into their pockets right now, even out of the goodness of their own hearts, is insulting.

I know we don't get to allocate our tax dollars, but if I could, getting kids fed and taught right now would be right up there.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Agreed on all counts
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:10 pm

Sorry you didn't get the "gotcha" moment you were hoping for with your "research"

Douchebag.
You seek gotcha moments. I just wanted to hear what was going on with that school district. I am simply not any more complicated than that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 pm People need positive news, even if its marginal at best. Too much negative right now.

Eh, except I agreed with you that the online school should have been left to function exactly as they were and I also agreed with you that those school districts should be doing more to facilitate online learning opportunities. So not really sure who you felt was calling you an asshole or even saying anything negative to you.

I asked a few questions to seek out additional information and agreed with both of your major points on the topic. That's it.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:59 pm Is this the bitch about things related to COVID-19 thread?

If so, something that has bothered me the last couple of weeks are what are being sold as feel-good stories:

I think it shows the good nature of people when pro athletes donate money to the team's employees or stadium crew, or when local restaurants provide meals to children that aren't in school. BUT, are you fucking kidding me??? Why is this happening?
Narrative construction and control.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:40 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:59 pm Is this the bitch about things related to COVID-19 thread?

Narrative construction and control.
How rich from the guy who constructed an alternative narrative about me seeking out some gotcha with my research.

I give you credit for being intelligent which means you arent dumb enough to have read anything I posted and come to the conclusion that it was to try to zing him with my research. Which means you intentionally created a falsehood to accuse me of for no other reason than to zing me. And he doubles down on it by painting me in a false light that I somehow thought he was an assholefor what he was saying despite it being right here in print that I agreed with him. I mean, you know we can just reread the transcript, right?

How very Trumpian of you both.