Aliens

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Aliens

Post by jhawks99 »

The Pentagon released video today. Looks like the same video previously released.

Giorgio Tsoukalos may be right.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics ... index.html
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Re: Aliens

Post by ousdahl »

I posted this in another thread but it got interrupted by some other totally random posts.

Tom Delonge?!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

There is definetely life outside of our realm. I dont know whether or bit they've made the trip here.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like to be optimistic, and think that if they’re advanced enough to find us first, they’re also advanced enough to not go through all the effort just to loot our planet.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:28 pm I like to be optimistic, and think that if they’re advanced enough to find us first, they’re also advanced enough to not go through all the effort just to loot our planet.
You havent been paying attention. If it were within our capabilities we would 100% be looting Mars
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

I find it fascinating, but why is every video or picture blurry? It's like Bigfoot on land. You mean with all the satellites and high definition cameras, we can't get a single clear picture, but we can get high definition pictures and videos of Mars.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

shindig wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:50 pm I find it fascinating, but why is every video or picture blurry? It's like Bigfoot on land. You mean with all the satellites and high definition cameras, we can't get a single clear picture, but we can get high definition pictures and videos of Mars.
Because, aliens.

Duh.
Defense. Rebounds.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:28 pm I like to be optimistic, and think that if they’re advanced enough to find us first, they’re also advanced enough to not go through all the effort just to loot our planet.
My guess is if they are visiting from another galaxy they are obviously hugely beyond us when it comes to technology.

And as they pass by, I'm sure they think the same thing when I drive through Columbia, Mo. - Fuck that shit hole.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Such a great read:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:32 pm
Such a great read:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html
Fantastic. Maybe the best explanation of the fermi paradox I think Ive read
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

article in The New Yorker poses some good questions...

Is Mars ours?

Can and/or should it be colonized like the lands of Earth have been?

Should it be treated like natural resources, or like a national park?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LOL

Yes, because so far living things have shown to be so friendly and non-violent.

My guess, since if they're here then that means they are FAR more advanced than us, is that they can quickly determine we are well on our way to killing ourselves and ruining our planet without their help. They'd probably find very little use for us or our resources.

It is always fascinating to me. I wonder what these "aliens" look like?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:38 pm
LOL

Yes, because so far living things have shown to be so friendly and non-violent.

My guess, since if they're here then that means they are FAR more advanced than us, is that they can quickly determine we are well on our way to killing ourselves and ruining our planet without their help. They'd probably find very little use for us or our resources.

It is always fascinating to me. I wonder what these "aliens" look like?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

If Aliens do exist, I'm sure they are laughing their ass off at all the woke crowd.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How do ya figure?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MAYBEEEEeeeee, They're woke too.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:14 pm How do ya figure?
Woke people regressing society, but they think the are being progressive. That's the funny (and sad) irony of it.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How do ya figure?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:09 pm If Aliens do exist, I'm sure they are laughing their ass off at all the woke crowd.
If aliens do exist and have achieved the level of proficiency required to know what we're doing...then that means they avoided, among other things, (1) blowing themselves up, (2) ruining their environment and (3) killing themselves in mass, ritualistic suicide.

That you'd pejoratively call these goals "woke" says more about you than about the libster aliens.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No way bro, the number one sign of intelligent life in the universe is: owning the libs.

They’d prob drive right by our planet, laugh, and say, “no way we’re stopping at this dump...way too much of the population has been vaccinated.”