Aliens

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Aliens

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they’d probably look at the mass gullibility to worship heavenly deities and stop to take advantage
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, lobster was right!

I just saw a UFO fly by and the bumper sticker on the back said, “the south andromeda galaxy will rise again”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:05 am Whoa, lobster was right!

I just saw a UFO fly by and the bumper sticker on the back said, “the south andromeda galaxy will rise again”
Make Andromeda Great Again!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Michio Kaku has a good bit about this.

He describes a level one society, which is one that learns how to control everything on their planet. Sustainable energy, prevent natural disasters, everything is under control.

A level two society is one that controls everything in their galaxy. Asteroids, solar flares, nbd.

A level three society is one that pretty much has the entire universe figured out.

We currently sit at a level zero society, as Kaku describes it. We are more likely to destroy ourselves fighting over religion or resources or some other conflict, or run out of resources, or destroy our habitat, than we are to ever achieve level 1 status.
Deleted User 89

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm I posted this in another thread but it got interrupted by some other totally random posts.

Tom Delonge?!
Angels & Airwaves bro!
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

USO is the correct nomenclature for this phenomenon i think
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Very cool. I can't wait to hear what life from other planets thinks of how we are treating ours.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:55 pm Very cool. I can't wait to hear what life from other planets thinks of how we are treating ours.
If they're smart enough to get here then they are smart enough to see we are well on our way to killing ourselves so no need for them to help us along in the process.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

“To Serve Man”
Deleted User 89

they are either puffins, penguins or flying fish...or maybe squid (they “fly” underwater)
Deleted User 89

... astronomers at Caltech have revised their predictions for the mass and rough location of the enigmatic Planet Nine—and it may be closer and easier to spot than previously estimated. This proposed planet is thought to exist because of the weirdly clustered orbits of certain objects in Pluto’s distant neighborhood. We have not seen it yet, but based on the data, it’s possible something six times as massive as Earth lurks trillions of miles away and is tugging on those smaller icy bodies.

Astronomers have used similar kinds of gravitational clues to find hidden planets before; we know about Neptune thanks to astronomers in the 1800s who noticed odd wiggles in their calculated orbit for Uranus.

The flip side, though, is that chasing gravitational ghosts can sometimes lead to entirely unexpected results. Other 19th-century astronomers went chasing a “missing” planet between Mars and Jupiter only to discover the first known asteroids. And evidence for a hypothetical world between Mercury and the sun ended with the realization that we needed a whole new description for how gravity works...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Uranus wiggles
Deleted User 89

why you lookin?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who, me??

No I wasn’t looking, I swear, I just…oh hey is that Neptune?!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Still my favorite movie of all time.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?