Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Post by Shirley »

This thread has been a long time coming.

https://twitter.com/JesseCharlesLee/sta ... tfw">April
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Post by Shirley »

Oh, good! I'm sure the people caring for patients without the requisite PPE and tests will take great relief in knowing this.

"We're on the other side of the medical aspect of this."

https://twitter.com/ikebarinholtz/statu ... tfw">April
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Jared Kushner pees on our leg, and tells us it's raining:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1255 ... tfw">April
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm quite intrigued what the narratives will be this fall.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:22 pm I'm quite intrigued what the narratives will be this fall.
I could be wrong, but expect Trump to personalize Biden's stuttering, misstatements, gaffes, losing his train of thought, etc., i.e., anything that he can use to cast Biden as feeble-minded or demented, to a level unlike anything we've ever seen before.
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:22 pm I'm quite intrigued what the narratives will be this fall.
Is this before or after they manufacture another excuse to lock everyone down and cripple the economy again?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who’s they?

The deep state?

I thought potus was gonna put those guys in their place?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:55 pm
I could be wrong, but expect Trump to personalize Biden's stuttering, misstatements, gaffes, losing his train of thought, etc., i.e., anything that he can use to cast Biden as feeble-minded or demented, to a level unlike anything we've ever seen before.
Ugh, no doubt Trump will do so.

And regardless of how the next 6 months pan out, he’ll be quick to remind us of what a great job he’s done.

He’s also likely to try and delegitimize any outcome not favorable to himself, at the very least.

I’m more curious what the general republican narratives will be, and whether - or rather, to what degree, they will continue to march in step with Trump.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:34 pm
Is this before or after they manufacture another excuse to lock everyone down and cripple the economy again?
There's no they.

It's a virus.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

stupid is as stupid does
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Psych needs a boogeyman.
Defense. Rebounds.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 pm
There's no they.

It's a virus.
Yup. You keep believing that.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 pm

There's no they.

It's a virus.
You've lost it.

I mean, of course people are going to be opportunistic during a pandemic, people always are. Every press conference Trump is spinning the data to look good, same with Gov. Cumo, hell look at the multi-million dollar corporations who got federal money because of the pandemic. Sure there are people using this pandemic to their advantage and its mostly gross.

But the pandemic is not a conspiracy. The virus is real. People are really sick and many have lost their lives. How could you orchestrate a conspiracy on a global scale like this. What's in it for Germany, what's in it for Trump, or Pence, or Fauci, what's in it for China, what's in it for the doctors and nurses and everyone else who is all a part of this global conspiracy.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

leave psych alone

the boogeyman is under his bed

or in his closet

or...in his head
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:11 pm
There's no they.

It's a virus.
You've lost it.

I mean, of course people are going to be opportunistic during a pandemic, people always are. Every press conference Trump is spinning the data to look good, same with Gov. Cumo, hell look at the multi-million dollar corporations who got federal money because of the pandemic. Sure there are people using this pandemic to their advantage and its mostly gross.

But the pandemic is not a conspiracy. The virus is real. People are really sick and many have lost their lives. How could you orchestrate a conspiracy on a global scale like this. What's in it for Germany, what's in it for Trump, or Pence, or Fauci, what's in it for China, what's in it for the doctors and nurses and everyone else who is all a part of this global conspiracy.
I don’t dispute that the virus is real. I dispute its origins, it’s severity, and the speed at which health officials are being allowed to address it. It is a vehicle to set Agenda 21 in place and collapse our economy. Ask yourself how Bill Gates and multiple other Fortune 500 heads knew to sell off their shares and disassociate themselves from their respective companies before the first of the year. It doesn’t make sense if you see the world as discrete countries and governments, but the people driving this are shooting for global control that will require a drastically reduced population, people who have ceded their individual rights out of fear, and a military in place to impose martial law. This is a giant crock of b.s. straight out of the annals of Orwell and Huxley.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:34 pm leave psych alone

the boogeyman is under his bed

or in his closet

or...in his head
I dig the Metallica reference.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:19 pm
I don’t dispute that the virus is real. I dispute its origins, it’s severity, and the speed at which health officials are being allowed to address it. It is a vehicle to set Agenda 21 in place and collapse our economy. Ask yourself how Bill Gates and multiple other Fortune 500 heads knew to sell off their shares and disassociate themselves from their respective companies before the first of the year. It doesn’t make sense if you see the world as discrete countries and governments, but the people driving this are shooting for global control that will require a drastically reduced population, people who have ceded their individual rights out of fear, and a military in place to impose martial law. This is a giant crock of b.s. straight out of the annals of Orwell and Huxley.
amazing.
Last edited by Geezer on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Geezer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 pm

amazing.
Why'd you make it look like I was the one who posted that crazy shit?

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 pm

amazing.
What’s amazing is that you’re actually dumb enough to think things like this happen randomly.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The Illuminati or the Blinderburg Trilateral Commission
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.