Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:10 am
Feral wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:19 pm Oh, good! I'm sure the people caring for patients without the requisite PPE and tests will take great relief in knowing this.

"We're on the other side of the medical aspect of this."

https://twitter.com/ikebarinholtz/statu ... tfw">April
Donald and Mike might as well appointed Jared Fogle instead of Jared Kushner.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... pply-woes/
I know, right? ‘Cuz old people never died before Trump.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:49 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:22 pm
Feral wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:15 pm The new cover of Time:

Nothing like alienating the voters.
The “right way,” according to the “mainstream” media, is to wait 18 more months after a new POTUS has been installed and martial law is firmly in place.
You seem to be reading different mainstream media sites than I am. Or perhaps you're being overly dramatic.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:10 pm

The “right way,” according to the “mainstream” media, is to wait 18 more months after a new POTUS has been installed and martial law is firmly in place.
You seem to be reading different mainstream media sites than I am. Or perhaps you're being overly dramatic.
Is there such a thing as being preemptively hyperbolic while secretly hoping to be proven wrong? ‘Cause that would be me right now.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Feral wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:15 pm The new cover of Time:

Is it wrong for me to assume that you, a seemingly intelligent man, allow the President, and his cronies (family members too), and the "non-mainsteam media", brainwash you to the extent that you feel the mainstream media brainwashes others?
It's one of the advantages I have by being an Independent voter. I get to see and realize that both "sides" are whacked out in regards to what they allow themselves to believe - and not to believe.
I see it in many examples every day.
It's one of the things I am planning on discussing with a psych therapist and small group of other people in the next two hours.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kentucky is beginning to reopen. We have met the guidelines to do so. Restaurants will open Friday. 33% of capacity, they are asking parties are all from the same household. I think servers are wearing gloves and masks. I can't imagine working a busy shift wearing a mask.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm Kentucky is beginning to reopen. We have met the guidelines to do so. Restaurants will open Friday. 33% of capacity, they are asking parties are all from the same household. I think servers are wearing gloves and masks. I can't imagine working a busy shift wearing a mask.
I have trouble comprehending why states use a percentage of capacity number.
Wouldn't you figure it should be based on size of a dining area more than a seating capacity percentage?
Someone can own a restaurant that has 5,000 square feet of dining area space but normally seats only 250 people and the person next door can have a restaurant that has 2,500 square feet of dinning space but normally seats 300 people. It's not only acceptable but also considered "safer" to have more people in half the space?

OR is the "capacity" number dictated by the local fire department/government/whomever based on the square footage of the dining area?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:58 pm Kentucky is beginning to reopen. We have met the guidelines to do so. Restaurants will open Friday. 33% of capacity, they are asking parties are all from the same household. I think servers are wearing gloves and masks. I can't imagine working a busy shift wearing a mask.
Wouldn't you figure it should be based on size of a dining area more than a seating capacity percentage?
Someone can own a restaurant that has 5,000 square feet of dining area space but normally seats only 250 people and the person next door can have a restaurant that has 2,500 square feet of dinning space but normally seats 300 people. It's not only acceptable but also considered "safer" to have more people in half the space?

OR is the "capacity" number dictated by the local fire department/government/whomever based on the square footage of the dining area?
I believe it's based on fire code numbers which has to do with people per square foot.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 289

PhDhawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:12 pm
Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm

I believe it's based on fire code numbers which has to do with people per square foot.
Thank you! It would obviously make more sense. Regardless if it means some places with the same "capacity" will still seat people closer together than other places.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Is it wrong for me to assume that you, a seemingly intelligent man, allow the President, and his cronies (family members too), and the "non-mainsteam media", brainwash you to the extent that you feel the mainstream media brainwashes others?
It's one of the advantages I have by being an Independent voter. I get to see and realize that both "sides" are whacked out in regards to what they allow themselves to believe - and not to believe.
It's one of the things I am planning on discussing with a psych therapist and small group of other people in the next two hours.
I don't think anyone is brainwashed. I think the "mainstream" media advances an extremely biased, agenda-driven narrative, and I think the rest of the media, as a reaction, advances a biased, agenda-driven narrative in the other direction. The result is that the truth is very hard to find. As I have said before, I don't like DJT as a person. I don't even think he is a good person, much less the best person for the job. He was, however, the lesser of two evils, and, failing a drastic change of ticket for the DNC, he will be the lesser of the evils again in November. I will always go with the lesser of evils when I have no other options.
Deleted User 289

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:20 pm

I don't think anyone is brainwashed. I think the "mainstream" media advances an extremely biased, agenda-driven narrative, and I think the rest of the media, as a reaction, advances a biased, agenda-driven narrative in the other direction. The result is that the truth is very hard to find. As I have said before, I don't like DJT as a person. I don't even think he is a good person, much less the best person for the job. He was, however, the lesser of two evils, and, failing a drastic change of ticket for the DNC, he will be the lesser of the evils again in November. I will always go with the lesser of evils when I have no other options.
I respect your response and agree (up until you said lesser of two evils) but I do understand why people feel that way.
In terms of voting for the lesser of two evils, as I have said before, I will probably choose not to vote for either Biden or Trump because I don't want either of them to be my President.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:22 pm

Is there such a thing as being preemptively hyperbolic while secretly hoping to be proven wrong? ‘Cause that would be me right now.
That's just sounds like a justification for "I believe things are a certain way even though I have no actual evidence that supports my belief."
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:22 pm
That's just sounds like a justification for "I believe things are a certain way even though I have no actual evidence that supports my belief."
You're entitled to your flawed perception.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Please walk me through the evils that would have been visited upon this country had Hillary won, and had to deal with a GOP-controlled Senate for her entire term.

I am not a fan.

But...it does not seem plausible that we would have been in worse shape, what with, among many other things: executive oversight demolished; deficit ballooning; international influence in tatters; climate change unaddressed; racial and socioeconomic disparities inflamed.

And that's all without even bringing up the absolutely fucking disastrous job we've done preparing for and weathering a global pandemic.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

cankles
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Regarding Cankles, I think the right wing media brainwashed psych.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am Regarding Cankles, I think the right wing media brainwashed psych.
<sarcasm>

If you aren't for Team (R) then you're against Team USA, don't ya know?

</sarcasm>
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

rather be a Russian than a democrat.