Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 am
TDub wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:36 pm

I think you are underestimating what Trump and Co. are really up to here.

Wheres Trad, here ya go...
what are you insinuating this is proof of?
That people commonly float this ridiculous idea on here.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:22 pm
TDub wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Wheres Trad, here ya go...
wait, which idea?

maybe i missed the reference, but the only ridiculous idea i remember talking about was trump hunkering down in the white house when he looses
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:29 pm
TDub wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:22 pm
wait, which idea?

maybe i missed the reference, but the only ridiculous idea i remember talking about was trump hunkering down in the white house when he looses
Yea thats the one
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Would it be as simple as Trump just, like, sitting at the Resolute Desk with his arms crossed?

No.

But if you think there's not a playbook out there...look around. He's already delegitimizing unfavorable results, in the case widespread voting by mail leads to his electoral defeat.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm Would it be as simple as Trump just, like, sitting at the Resolute Desk with his arms crossed?

No.

But if you think there's not a playbook out there...look around. He's already delegitimizing unfavorable results, in the case widespread voting by mail leads to his electoral defeat.
Exactly. Another way to think of it is what would be the appropriate, legal action of Congress and the sitting President if there was a mountain of legitimate evidence that there was massive voter fraud?

That's what I see as more likely than unlikely to happen if he loses.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:41 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:35 pm Would it be as simple as Trump just, like, sitting at the Resolute Desk with his arms crossed?

No.

Exactly. Another way to think of it is what would be the appropriate, legal action of Congress and the sitting President if there was a mountain of legitimate evidence that there was massive voter fraud?

The evidence doesn't even need to be legitimate, to put it on a path to the Supreme Court.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:44 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:41 pm

No.

The evidence doesn't even need to be legitimate, to put it on a path to the Supreme Court.
Yeah, in this case I would guess it won't be, but man, if you look enough you can find enough evidence to convince 40% of people of anything you want. And that's what the right wing machine will do.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

At that point, you don't have to convince 40% of the people. You have to, ultimately, have support of 55% of the Supreme Court.

In that case, it will become pretty damned important what the Supreme Court will actually be considering, as far as what the lower court decisions actually are. Which means the fight for where those decisions are made will be pretty damned important, also.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:06 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:20 pm
Grandma wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Is it wrong for me to assume that you, a seemingly intelligent man, allow the President, and his cronies (family members too), and the "non-mainsteam media", brainwash you to the extent that you feel the mainstream media brainwashes others?
It's one of the advantages I have by being an Independent voter. I get to see and realize that both "sides" are whacked out in regards to what they allow themselves to believe - and not to believe.
I see it in many examples every day.
It's one of the things I am planning on discussing with a psych therapist and small group of other people in the next two hours.
I don't think anyone is brainwashed. I think the "mainstream" media advances an extremely biased, agenda-driven narrative, and I think the rest of the media, as a reaction, advances a biased, agenda-driven narrative in the other direction. The result is that the truth is very hard to find. As I have said before, I don't like DJT as a person. I don't even think he is a good person, much less the best person for the job. He was, however, the lesser of two evils, and, failing a drastic change of ticket for the DNC, he will be the lesser of the evils again in November. I will always go with the lesser of evils when I have no other options.
Please walk me through the evils that would have been visited upon this country had Hillary won, and had to deal with a GOP-controlled Senate for her entire term.

I am not a fan.

But...it does not seem plausible that we would have been in worse shape, what with, among many other things: executive oversight demolished; deficit ballooning; international influence in tatters; climate change unaddressed; racial and socioeconomic disparities inflamed.

And that's all without even bringing up the absolutely fucking disastrous job we've done preparing for and weathering a global pandemic.

We would have President Kaine now and in a much better position.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, yeah.

2017-18 news cycles would have been dominated by Benghazi and emails. The impeachment trial would have a big long parade of witnesses.

Scotus and federal judicial seats would remain vacant.

Merica wouldn’t get caught with their pants down about covid.
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm Merica wouldn’t get caught with their pantsuits down about covid.
fixed
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t think you could even get those pantsuits all the way down. They’d keep getting stuck on the cankles.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Yet again, we need a "Fuck republicans!" thread:

https://twitter.com/PAHDCC/status/12659 ... 5Etfw">May
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:12 pm I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
The POTUS allowed people to die? Seriously?!? I didn't realize that one was endowed with supernatural powers upon taking the oath of office.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No.

We should all be fully aware of the fact that if Trump loses the election in November that there will be a full scale effort by him, his official group and the members of "Team (R)" who will believe and say anything to fight back against "being on the losing team". They'll wrap it in patriotism and frame it as an assault on the constitution. Blah, blah, blah.

The happiness of having this dipshit out of the Oval Office will make all that noise more tolerable. But there is zero doubt that the noise will happen, and at a very high volume, if he loses.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

As I recall, Psych, there's an old joke about the preacher on the church porch in a flood who refuses rescue from a canoe, a motorboat and a helicopter and then drowns in the rising water, because he says God will save him. He then asks God why he didn't save him and God says, "I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter, what did you want?"

There was no need for the supernatural, Americans at the WHO warned Trump in late 2019, the HHS Sec. warned him in January, White House aides in January, the Trade Advisor in January, Nancy Messonier in February, the FBI and IC in January and February.

What did you want, God to write it on Trump's TV screen while he's watching Fox News? Or on the only place he would have paid attention to, on the Dow Jones Big Board?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

only if it was written in sharpie
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

seahawk wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:55 am As I recall, Psych, there's an old joke about the preacher on the church porch in a flood who refuses rescue from a canoe, a motorboat and a helicopter and then drowns in the rising water, because he says God will save him. He then asks God why he didn't save him and God says, "I sent you 2 boats and a helicopter, what did you want?"

There was no need for the supernatural, Americans at the WHO warned Trump in late 2019, the HHS Sec. warned him in January, White House aides in January, the Trade Advisor in January, Nancy Messonier in February, the FBI and IC in January and February.

What did you want, God to write it on Trump's TV screen while he's watching Fox News? Or on the only place he would have paid attention to, on the Dow Jones Big Board?
It's almost like a person too insecure to put people around him who will challenge and disagree, should not be the most powerful person in the world.