Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Trump 2020, the Pandemic, and its Weaponization

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:35 am
zsn wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:12 pm I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
The POTUS allowed people to die? Seriously?!? I didn't realize that one was endowed with supernatural powers upon taking the oath of office.
Yes, allowed. I chose my words carefully. The supernatural powers that the POTUS has upon taking the oath of office is the ability to utilize the power behind the wealthiest country on earth and all the associated expertise to prevent unnecessary deaths. And he played golf and held rallies minimizing and denying the magnitude of the problem facing the country and the world. Commission by omission. I didn't expect no deaths, but not this many.

And, what seahawk said. We were too stupid, and still are, to learn from what we see elsewhere in the world. How is it that infections and deaths are rising in many places in the country four months AFTER we realized there is a pandemic??
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:16 am
HouseDivided wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:35 am
zsn wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:12 pm I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
The POTUS allowed people to die? Seriously?!? I didn't realize that one was endowed with supernatural powers upon taking the oath of office.
Yes, allowed. I chose my words carefully. The supernatural powers that the POTUS has upon taking the oath of office is the ability to utilize the power behind the wealthiest country on earth and all the associated expertise to prevent unnecessary deaths. And he played golf and held rallies minimizing and denying the magnitude of the problem facing the country and the world. Commission by omission. I didn't expect no deaths, but not this many.

And, what seahawk said. We were too stupid, and still are, to learn from what we see elsewhere in the world. How is it that infections and deaths are rising in many places in the country four months AFTER we realized there is a pandemic??
So, is he responsible for all 100,000? What percentage? How do you know?
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Pretend not to be an asshole psych.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:52 pm Pretend not to be an asshole psych.
Pretend to be a reasonable, rational human being. You can’t make sweeping statements like “Trump is responsible for 100,000 deaths” and not expect to be challenged. It is an absurd statement.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:42 pm I don't know, Psych.....I don't know how much evil one can get than allowing 100,000 people to die on your watch - at least a substantial portion avoidable
Again, I don't buy your premise.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if one person’s life was saved, or one person’s job not lost, due to trump doing anything more than he did or has done, wouldn’t it be worth it?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 pm if one person’s life was saved, or one person’s job not lost, due to trump doing anything more than he did or has done, wouldn’t it be worth it?
Exactly. HD just proved that reading comprehension isn’t one of his strengths either. Me, twice, and Geezer pointed out that my statement was not as absolute as he attributes.

Admittedly I don’t know what percentage of the 100,000 (and growing) deaths could have been prevented. However, at least a substantial portion (> 1) was preventable, as you point out. So much for being prolife
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:26 pm if one person’s life was saved, or one person’s job not lost, due to trump doing anything more than he did or has done, wouldn’t it be worth it?
On the morning shows, they said the estimates are that 34,000 lives would have been saved if Trump had simply acted one week sooner. But, listening to him talking about how he'd personally created the best economy ever in the world before the pandemic hit, we can tell why he was reluctant to say anything.

But as for supernatural, Trump does seem to engage in "magical thinking" as he did when he told everyone numerous times that this would all go away.
Don't inject Lysol.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

My question is how you assign blame or credit. By Geezer's logic, the people who committed suicide because of the economic and social impact of the shutdown in Kansas would be the fault of Governor Larry Kelly. I'm guessing you wouldn't be okay with that premise either.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm
Pretend to be a reasonable, rational human being. You can’t make sweeping statements like “Trump is responsible for 100,000 deaths” and not expect to be challenged. It is an absurd statement.
Where did I say that? Here’s what I did say: “I didn't expect no deaths, but not this many.”

You read into it not what I said but what you wish I had said to fit your grievance-agenda
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

zsn wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:03 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm
Where did I say that? Here’s what I did say: “I didn't expect no deaths, but not this many.”

You read into it not what I said but what you wish I had said to fit your grievance-agenda
Logically, if a government official is responsible for the prevention of one death, then he/she is responsible for them all unless you have some systematized method of determining exactly how many. I'm not the one with the grievance agenda. And I was responding to Geezer's statement.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It's zsn's statement that you misinterpreted, I asked you to pretend not to be an asshole. You were unable to do either.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:06 pmI'm not the one with the grievance agenda.
hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhaha
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 pm It's zsn's statement that you misinterpreted, I asked you to pretend not to be an asshole. You were unable to do either.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I still disagree.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Study finds earlier coronavirus restrictions in US could have saved 36,000 lives.

Disease modelers at Columbia University said in a study released Wednesday that 61.6% of deaths and 55% of infections nationwide could have been avoided if preventative measures in place on March 15 had been enacted a week earlier. That equates to about 35,927 deaths and 703,975 cases.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/study-f ... d=70808611
Don't inject Lysol.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦