Cliff

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 289

Cliff

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sorry if posted elsewhere. Downward spiral begins. He was doing well. Sorry to see/hear/read this.

Busted
https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/09/cliff-al ... ny-arrest/

Then Posted this on Instagram today -

cliffalexander2
Verified
Damn lil bro you just had to check out on me today huh smh wonder I just got bumped with a pipe cus this shit hitting too close to home fr it’s all fun and games until somebody close to die and of course the media gone make it seem like ima bad guy and I’m just out here reckless hell naw I got a seed out they I have to provide for and I’d be damn if ever let somebody take me away from her high fly lil bro love kid. 🙏🏾
Deleted User 289

Re: Cliff

Just realized that the TMZ "headline" says - NBA'S CLIFF ALEXANDER.
He's not in the NBA and also, check out the comments. That folks, is a nice representation of some of the wonderful people we have in this country.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I dont think cliff is a bad dude. I do think he has a desire to be in the "hood" too much when his situation should allow him to distance himself from that life....but at the same time, I understand that is where he is from, and those are where many of his friends are. Some of the people cliff tags in his IG posts claim and appear to be gang affiliated and that makes me nervous for cliff a little bit because of his desire to stay close to that life and circle of friends.

Hopefully since he was honest and cooperative with police they don't hit him too hard for the felony weapon possession charge.
Deleted User 289

I don't think he's a bad guy either. I could go on and on with my thoughts but I'm going to simply say I wonder how close he is with the people who worshiped him just a few years ago. The people who had THEIR best interests in hand. Those people being his father, mother, "mentor", and yes - I'm going to include his college coaches. I don't know the answer. That's why I am saying I am wondering.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Wish i could say i was shocked. Or even surprised.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 am I don't think he's a bad guy either. I could go on and on with my thoughts but I'm going to simply say I wonder how close he is with the people who worshiped him just a few years ago. The people who had THEIR best interests in hand. Those people being his father, mother, "mentor", and yes - I'm going to include his college coaches. I don't know the answer. That's why I am saying I am wondering.
Well, a few of our coaches are fairly active on IG "liking" posts (KT, Snacks, and Q)....and i don't see them liking his posts nearly as frequently as some others. Although Q seems to the most out of that group for sure (whatever thats worth, which isn't much).

1 former player who consistently likes cliffs posts is Mario Little.

Cliff would have really benefitted from 3 or 4 years at KU. Not only from a basketball perspective, but also from a maturity standpoint and a structure standpoint.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:20 am Wish i could say i was shocked. Or even surprised.
Deleted User 310

Hopefully he gets it turned around and doesn't face actual jail time.
Deleted User 289

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:36 am
Grandma wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 am I don't think he's a bad guy either. I could go on and on with my thoughts but I'm going to simply say I wonder how close he is with the people who worshiped him just a few years ago. The people who had THEIR best interests in hand. Those people being his father, mother, "mentor", and yes - I'm going to include his college coaches. I don't know the answer. That's why I am saying I am wondering.
Well, a few of our coaches are fairly active on IG "liking" posts (KT, Snacks, and Q)....and i don't see them liking his posts nearly as frequently as some others. Although Q seems to the most out of that group for sure (whatever thats worth, which isn't much).

1 former player who consistently likes cliffs posts is Mario Little.

Cliff would have really benefitted from 3 or 4 years at KU. Not only from a basketball perspective, but also from a maturity standpoint and a structure standpoint.
It's nice to know we have coaches at KU who still care about him.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:43 am
TDub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:20 am Wish i could say i was shocked. Or even surprised.
None of us should be shocked or surprised. He's still a product of the society that he grew up in.
Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't and/or shouldn't have tried to remove himself but some guys have a difficult time cutting off their roots. It's a whole different world than most of us live in.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you don’t have a concealed carry license and your state requires one, don’t carry a loaded gun in your car.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:02 pm If you don’t have a concealed carry license and your state requires one, don’t carry a loaded gun in your car.
Yep. It really is quite simple
Deleted User 289

I agree 100%.
Thing is, I've been to Englewood. With someone who was carrying a loaded gun in the car. Granted, that person has a concealed carry license but I wouldn't have gone if that wasn't the case.
As dumb as what Cliff did was, it might have been dumber if he didn't have a loaded gun.
Deleted User 289

Another not smart move involving doing something illegal in a car.....
Uncle Anthony is driving around drunk right now. Posting it publicly for the world to see.
Deleted User 310

Grandma wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:43 pm Another not smart move involving doing something illegal in a car.....
Uncle Anthony is driving around drunk right now. Posting it publicly for the world to see.
I thought he was funny initially...then I had to stop following him.

Hopefully he doesn't hurt anyone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grandma wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:20 pm As dumb as what Cliff did was, it might have been dumber if he didn't have a loaded gun.
No.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:53 pm
Grandma wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:20 pm As dumb as what Cliff did was, it might have been dumber if he didn't have a loaded gun.
No.
Unfamiliar with Englewood?
Deleted User 310

"Englewood is also known as Chicago's murder capital, with more homicides being committed there than in any other neighborhood in the city. Almost daily shootings ocur in Englewood, with an average of around 70 homicides per year."

Population has gone from 97k-ish in the 60s, to 30k-ish now. It is not a safe place.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:53 pm
No.
Easy for you, and I, and others to say "no" when we don't live in or visit Englewood.
His "bro" got killed yesterday.
More loaded guns are hardly the answer but when you don't have a loaded gun in Englewood you're pretty much behind the eight ball.

tyrenjohnson
they don’t understand what we go through and where come from. Survival of the fittest out there man. Stay safe bro.

snottyy_
They’ll never understand
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:59 pm "Englewood is also known as Chicago's murder capital, with more homicides being committed there than in any other neighborhood in the city. Almost daily shootings ocur in Englewood, with an average of around 70 homicides per year."

Population has gone from 97k-ish in the 60s, to 30k-ish now. It is not a safe place.
Then don’t go there.

Again, simple.