George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wonder why the crowd chose to crowd in that community. Rather than downtown St. Louis. What would be the reason to be in that spot. Seems like maybe the crowd was hoping to get a reaction.

I would have turned the sprinklers on.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 am She has crazy eyes and a bunch of turd on her shirt. Add a gun in her hand, that's a bad trio.
With her finger on the trigger no less. Glad this didn't escalate to something worse. Trump and FoxNews have folks like this so whipped up in a frenzy that they think they and their way of life are under attack from all directions.

So much winning.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am I wonder why the crowd chose to crowd in that community. Rather than downtown St. Louis. What would be the reason to be in that spot. Seems like maybe the crowd was hoping to get a reaction.

They were marching to the Mayor's house down the street from this couple. It has been mentioned in every single story on the topic.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:28 am I wonder why the crowd chose to crowd in that community. Rather than downtown St. Louis. What would be the reason to be in that spot. Seems like maybe the crowd was hoping to get a reaction.

Here is a novel idea, the next time you wonder about something perhaps you should take 15-30 seconds to satisfy your curiosity.
You were 100% correct with your assumption that they were hoping to get a reaction - from the Mayor.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Is it customary to crowd at someone’s private residence. I wonder why they did not crowd at city hall.

Seems over the top to crowd at someone’s private residence.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Exactly. They are playing the probabilities, as they know it's likely to whites that live in there, or at least, others who worked hard and didn't have an attitude of entitlement. How sad is it that some look down upon Americans that actually defend their homes?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how can you look at that cheesy McMansion and not take away some attitude of entitlement?
Deleted User 289

I'm fairly confident one of the "protesters/marchers" could have tackled the Fullback and taken her gun before she shot anyone Then what? The husband goes Rambo on everyone?
Better yet, one of the "protesters"/"marchers" claims the guy (McCloskey) who was "defending his home" made a threat and said he was going to shoot the protester/marcher while pointing the gun at him/her.
Can the protester claim he/she was fearful that his/her life was in danger and it was self defense when he blows away Mark McCloskey?

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The crowd was where they had no business. The homeowners did not handle themselves accordingly.

Such is life in the big city. Here in the little city. We still respect our fellows.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:41 am I'm fairly confident one of the "protesters/marchers" could have tackled the Fullback and taken her gun before she shot anyone Then what? The husband goes Rambo on everyone?
Better yet, one of the "protesters"/"marchers" claims the guy (McCloskey) who was "defending his home" made a threat and said he was going to shoot the protester/marcher while pointing the gun at him/her.
Can the protester claim he/she was fearful that his/her life was in danger and it was self defense when he blows away Mark McCloskey?

Decent chance that a guy who appears that stressed forgot to charge that AR anyway.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am

Exactly. They are playing the probabilities, as they know it's likely to whites that live in there, or at least, others who worked hard and didn't have an attitude of entitlement. How sad is it that some look down upon Americans that actually defend their homes?
Their homes were never in danger.

They overreacted.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

As we all know the crowd was in search of a confrontation.
Deleted User 62

Walrus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am

Exactly. They are playing the probabilities, as they know it's likely to whites that live in there, or at least, others who worked hard and didn't have an attitude of entitlement.
JFC, you really are an ass wipe
Deleted User 62

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:22 pm As we all know the crowd was in search of a confrontation.
And you are 100% sure that the home owners weren't?
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Fwiw St Louis is somewhat unique in some areas in that there are extremely nice streets/neighborhoods within walking distance from extremely low income areas.

(I am aware many cities have that as well, but St Louis has quite a bit of it imo)
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Hopefully some on here will be open minded enough to listen to the guy who defended his own life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIZTVuSUiY
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

defending his own life from the protestors defending their own lives
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:21 am Hopefully some on here will be open minded enough to listen to the guy who defended his own life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIZTVuSUiY
I listened to him elsewhere. I watched this video to appease you.
Typical nauseating bullshit from Tucker and I watched an attorney defend himself.
In other news, the sun came up today and I took a morning shit.

Tucker -
"A St. Louis couple called Mark and Patricia McCloskey".
* "Called" or named?

"A dangerous mob".
* Not dangerous nor a "mob" before the confrontation.
Were Mark and Patricia "dangerous" when they pointed guns at people?
Why not mention that Tucker?

"This is what you (speaking to his audience) were taught to do".
* I have no problem with people being taught to defend their homes but Tucker wasn't speaking to me.
I was taught NOT to be confrontational and not to take the "law" in to my own hand/s.
Thankfully my parents never had a discussion with me on how to handle "protesters/marchers" marching down/up my street but my guess is if we were gun owners, they probably would have told me not to stand on our front lawn and engage them by pointing guns at them.

"The McCloskey's fate remains in the hands of the mob in the form of the St. Louis Circuit Attorney General Kimberly Gardner". "Gardner is a radical."
* Again using the word "mob". This time to describe a Black woman attorney.

"You were threatened by these 300 people in your yard".
* Supposedly they were not "threatened" by anyone until he and his wife pointed guns at people - nor were there 300 people in their yard before they pointed the guns at them - nor when they did have the guns pointed at them. I did read that there were two individuals who did threaten McCloskey - supposedly before he and his wife grabbed their guns.

McCloskey -
"Then the gate bursts open".
* Perhaps they did, perhaps they didn't. Interesting how he saw it when supposedly they were on the side of the house surrounded by bushes/hedges - but hey, maybe he did and maybe the gate did "burst" open. Why did he assume that the "mob" was going to single out him and his house?

"They're angry, they're screaming, they have spittle coming out of their mouth".
*Not sure if he is referring to before or after they had guns pointed at them.
I'm assuming he means before, during, and after. Before they had guns pointed at them were they (the entire "mob") angry and screaming at McCloskey?

"I thought that we would be overrun in a second". "I was literally afraid that within seconds they would surmount the wall, come in to the house, kill us, burn the house down".
* Probably watches too much FOX news. Hey, I can cut him some slack. Paranoia is a bitch and people can and do assume the worst in situations. Still don't feel it gave him and his wife the right to point guns at people while having their fingers on the trigger/s.
At what point did the "protesters/marchers" actually verbally and physically present an actual threat directly at/towards McCloskey?

Tucker -
"No one was protecting you, and they were screaming at you, and threatening you, and threatening to murder your dog, and harm you and your wife".
* I don't know that to be factual but if it is, then it's shameful. Still, someone points a gun at me - all deals/bets are off. I'm probably going to lose my shit too.

McCloskey -
"My Black clients love us".
* Hmmm. I noticed White people in the "mob". Why does he make it a Black and White thing?
I believe it's because he was referring to people accusing him of being racist.
Ignorant for anyone to do as such without knowing the man and his history. I do find it interesting that he feels the need to defend himself.

Tucker -
"It's disgusting".
* "It's"? To me "it's" includes Tucker, McCloskey, and the "mob".

McCloskey's attorney Watkins -
"Being given the fact that we have a political animal in the circuit attorney's office".
* There is a difference between "fact" and "opinion". Calling a Black woman an "animal" could rightfully be deemed offensive.

* I have read a lot of other things such as Watkins claiming it was just two people that were originally confrontational with McCloskey.
I have no dog in this fight. I'm not 100% against McCloskey but I do have a problem with people pointing guns at other people. Deserved or not.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Pretty much. It's all a carefully scripted performance chock full of overly dramatic key words meant to justify their profound overreaction in an effort to avoid consequences. Defonitely written by a performance artist (Tucker) and a lawyer (McWhoever).

They may very well have feared for their lives. But I blame that mostly on them believing all of the ridiculous painting of those different than them as animals, mobs and killers than any actual facts. They used those words over and over in that interview.

A bunch of people got into their neighborhood and were walking past their house. They weren't eating in their front yard when the protesters began walking past, so they are the ones who put themselves where the protesters were. And they chose to put themselves their with loaded weapons. People didn't seem to be walking in their yard at all, let alone a group of 300 angry mob members.

This is what all this FoxNews, OAN bullshit creates. A world of alternative facts where people can't even assess what is actually happening around them because the filter they view it through is so clogged with lies, overdramtizations, inaccurate stereotypes and bullshit.

Folks like Psych and Walrus who have read so much garbage that they can't even recognize what those outside their circle are even trying to say or do. They talk knowingly of the agenda of the left yet couldn't be more inaccurate.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

If they truly felt threatened and in danger then 1: he wouldn't have sent his wife out to the sidewalk with that little ass gun and 2: they'd have been safer inside their house where they could strategically take cover where they could protect themselves more effectively.

This was a show of force "don't come on my property" type of thing...which is fine and probably within their rights given the circumstances....but don't play the victim now that your faces are plastered all over tv and social media.