George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 am If they truly felt threatened and in danger then 1: he wouldn't have sent his wife out to the sidewalk with that little ass gun and 2: they'd have been safer inside their house where they could strategically take cover where they could protect themselves more effectively.

This was a show of force "don't come on my property" type of thing...which is fine and probably within their rights given the circumstances....but don't play the victim now that your faces are plastered all over tv and social media.
It is against the law to brandish a weapon in a threatening manner in the state of Missouri.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 am They can't even recognize what those outside their circle are even trying to say or do. They talk knowingly of the agenda of the left yet couldn't be more inaccurate.
I don't disagree with you on that in many instances, but....

I mean this respectfully and only with good intentions.....be careful not to become the very thing you speak of above.....you do a lot of painting with a broad brush when it comes to who you view as the "right"...and also do a lot of speaking what you view are "truths" from your bubble and attribute those truths to everyone. We all need to work on opening our eyes at times to the realities of others.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:03 am If they truly felt threatened and in danger then 1: he wouldn't have sent his wife out to the sidewalk with that little ass gun and 2: they'd have been safer inside their house where they could strategically take cover where they could protect themselves more effectively.

This was a show of force "don't come on my property" type of thing...which is fine and probably within their rights given the circumstances....but don't play the victim now that your faces are plastered all over tv and social media.
It is against the law to brandish a weapon in a threatening manner in the state of Missouri.
Not on private property, and not if you are threatened. They likely aren't going to get in any trouble for this, but their lives have definitely changed forever so they won't be free of "punishment" regardless.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:10 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:02 am They can't even recognize what those outside their circle are even trying to say or do. They talk knowingly of the agenda of the left yet couldn't be more inaccurate.
I don't disagree with you on that in many instances, but....

I mean this respectfully and only with good intentions.....be careful not to become the very thing you speak of above.....you do a lot of painting with a broad brush when it comes to who you view as the "right"...and also do a lot of speaking what you view are "truths" from your bubble and attribute those truths to everyone. We all need to work on opening our eyes at times to the realities of others.
There's many flavors of "the right" these days. Frankly, the Republican Party has ditched a significant chunk of everyday conservatives. I dont even count most of those folks in "the right" any more. I think there are fewer and fewer conservatives that identify with the Republican Party because of what the party has morphed into.

"The right" to me is Trump's base and those who enable it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 am

Not on private property, and not if you are threatened. They likely aren't going to get in any trouble for this, but their lives have definitely changed forever so they won't be free of "punishment" regardless.
This is like the whole "he was resisting arrest" claim made by police officers. "I felt threatened" shouldn't exist as a defense if you are the idiot who put yourself in the situation. Would I be freaked out and a little scared if a big group of protesters rolled down the street outside my house? Sure. Threatened? No. There was zero reason to believe that they were being threatened until they went outside with guns and started threatening people.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Both major political parties are catering to their lunatic fringe. The folks cannot relate and are left out in the cold.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:40 am Both major political parties are catering to their lunatic fringe. The folks cannot relate and are left out in the cold.
I dont see a lot on Biden's platform that would be considered "catering to the lunatic fringe" of the left. Sanders and Warren, more so yes.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I have not met a republican yet that will tell you his party is pandering to the lunatics.

I have not met a Democrat yet that will tell you his party is pandering to the lunatics

I have not met a republican yet that will tell you the democrats are not pandering to the lunatics.

I have not met a Democrat yet that will tell you the republicans are not pandering to the lunatics.

Funny how that works.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:12 pm I have not met a republican yet that will tell you his party is pandering to the lunatics.

I have not met a Democrat yet that will tell you his party is pandering to the lunatics

I have not met a republican yet that will tell you the democrats are not pandering to the lunatics.

I have not met a Democrat yet that will tell you the republicans are not pandering to the lunatics.

Funny how that works.
I have had several conversations with republicans who feel that the Republican Party is now run by gun owners, extreme churchgoers and racists and they have a hard time finding themselves represented in the party any more.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So Trump's now referring to the Black Lives Matter movement as a "symbol of hate". That's, eh, one way to go I suppose. Apparently he has given up on trying to get any African Americans to vote for him.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:12 pm I have not met a republican yet that will tell you his party is pandering to the lunatics.

Funny how that works.
Ok. How is Biden pandering to lunatics?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

He supports the protests based on a false idea of systemic racism.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:27 pm false idea of systemic racism.
Absolutely wrong.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ok. Then the majority in this country are lunatics. Everyone is crazy except Lobster.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:27 pm He supports the protests based on a false idea of systemic racism.
You were whining in another post that people call you a misogynist, racist, woman hater, and white supremacist.

I'm being 100% serious in asking you this, are you a complete fucking moron or just trying to be an asshole?

Please add whichever one you are to the list of things people accuse you of being.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Funny how that works.
You need to meet some smarter people.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Gutman, not sure how you interpreted my post as "whining" but that's okay with me.

I simply hold up a mirror to reflect people's actions back to them. If people get angry about it, that's on them to figure out why.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Ok, perhaps whining wasn't the right word. I'll change it to commenting.
Have you ever bothered to look at yourself in your mirror and ask yourself what you see?
I've 100% figured out why I get angry in regards to things you post. Has nothing to do with my actions. It's about your actions. I don't get angry about most of what you post - until you start insulting me and people I care about. Whether it be directly or indirectly. If I didn't get angry, then I would question myself on why I don't care about things I feel I should care about.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is it a two way mirror like 99’s?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:27 pm He supports the protests based on a false idea of systemic racism.
are you a complete fucking moron or just trying to be an asshole?
He is simply entertaining himself by being a moronic asshole.

It's what trolls do.