George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kentucky cut their point places from 3700 down to 200. There is exactly ONE polling location for the 616,000 residents of Louisville's Jefferson County, where half of the state's African American population lives.

But yeah, there's no systemic racism.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Kind of reminds me of something one of my favorite KU professors said to our class. "If you want to find racism, you will see it."
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

zsn wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:42 am OMG they just arrested a lady (white, if it’s of any consequence) in Tulsa wearing “I can’t breathe” shirt and just sitting in an empty area for trespassing. On live tv. She said she has a ticket.

I’m sure ACLU and NAACP has already dispatched lawyers.
Sorry! I didn't see your post before I posted about this on the Dumbfuck thread.
She was "officially" "uninvited" by a "campaign staffer".
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 pm Kind of reminds me of something one of my favorite KU professors said to our class. "If you want to find racism, you will see it."
I'm curious. Which KU professor said that?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm
Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 pm Kind of reminds me of something one of my favorite KU professors said to our class. "If you want to find racism, you will see it."
To protect her identify, I don't think I should give out her name.
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:13 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm
To protect her identify, I don't think I should give out her name.
Why would you feel a need to protect her "identify"/identity?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I also don't want a lawsuit against myself if someone her goes after her, doxes her and starts calling her a racist.

Seriously, you can get fired these days for having a different opinion than the herd of idiots.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:05 pm
zsn wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:42 am OMG they just arrested a lady (white, if it’s of any consequence) in Tulsa wearing “I can’t breathe” shirt and just sitting in an empty area for trespassing. On live tv. She said she has a ticket.

I’m sure ACLU and NAACP has already dispatched lawyers.
Sorry! I didn't see your post before I posted about this on the Dumbfuck thread.
She was "officially" "uninvited" by a "campaign staffer".
No sweat. You linked to the breaking news. We were watching while the whole thing was going down. The campaign lackey was trying his best to get between her and a camera to block the video, except there were 12 other cameras!! They could not answer what law she was breaking. They just dragged her off. I hope she sues the Campaign and the police and wins
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:46 pm I also don't want a lawsuit against myself if someone her goes after her, doxes her and starts calling her a racist.

Seriously, you can get fired these days for having a different opinion than the herd of idiots.
Sorry, your post is confusing to me. Please be kind enough to answer my questions.
A lawsuit? Unless you insisted she said something that she didn't say, and it was "incriminating", why would there be a lawsuit against you?
Why would someone call her a racist? Do you feel her statement was/is racist?
Who/what is this "herd of idiots" that you are referring to?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

People can start a lawsuit if someone doxes them on a forum, so I am not going to release her name.

No, no one would call her a racist, unless that person doesn't understand what racism means.

Herd of idiots are the mob of young adults on the left that want people fired for simply having an opinion that differs from them. There was a recent example where a UCLA professor had to have police protect his home because of the herd of idiots were threatening him for not allowing blacks special treatment on their final exams. He treated the students equally, like mature adults, regardless of race, and the herd still complains, threatens violence and called for his termination. This is the sad state of our world. 2020 was the year the "feelz" took over and logic died.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06 ... don-klein/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, lobster’s sig is so meta.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:06 pm Whoa, lobster’s sig is so ironic.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, PhD, I'm sorry to say I've put you in the same category as Seahawk, which means, on ignore. Since you're no longer interested in pursuing logical thought and discussion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Are you really trying to pursue logical thought and discussion though?

If I or someone else perceived you as illogical, how would you prefer we address you regarding as much?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'll let you come up to your own conclusions.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:21 pm Well, PhD, I'm sorry to say I've put you in the same category as Seahawk, which means, on ignore. Since you're no longer interested in pursuing logical thought and discussion.
Probably in your best interest to do so .

Running from a discussion like a coward is a pretty sure sign you were on the wrong side anyway and no longer have anything meaningful to contribute.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 289

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:56 pm People can start a lawsuit if someone doxes them on a forum, so I am not going to release her name.

No, no one would call her a racist, unless that person doesn't understand what racism means.

Herd of idiots are the mob of young adults on the left that want people fired for simply having an opinion that differs from them. There was a recent example where a UCLA professor had to have police protect his home because of the herd of idiots were threatening him for not allowing blacks special treatment on their final exams. He treated the students equally, like mature adults, regardless of race, and the herd still complains, threatens violence and called for his termination. This is the sad state of our world. 2020 was the year the "feelz" took over and logic died.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06 ... don-klein/
I agree that it's asinine that Gordon Klein has been threatened but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to label young adults on the left (as well as "protesters") as being a "herd of idiots".

On a side note - Do you know that the student who wrote Klein the original email wrote back to apologized the next day to say he didn't mean to be offensive. Also Klein and the student have known, liked, and respected each other, before the student attended this particular class?

I'm also curious if you know what the political affiliation is of the Dean (Antonio Bernardo) of UCLA’s School of Management? I could be wrong but I believe he's the one who suspended Klein.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

That's great, I was not aware of all those details. No idea what his political affiliation is, and I don't care. I'm not affiliated with a side, so I could care less what side people choose. I only ask that people use logic, and these students did not do that when they started a petition online to get him fired. A professor who worked there for 30 years. Very f---ed up. This is our country in 2020.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:46 pm I also don't want a lawsuit against myself if someone her goes after her, doxes her and starts calling her a racist.

Clear cut case of "never actually happened".
Lobster/Walrus continues to make Psych seem believable