1) Banner's
2) Bad Wolf Burgers
3) Bru
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Re: Top 3 in your city

Post by ousdahl »

oh dang!

1. The Ditch - all their burgers are smothered in Hatch green chilis, it costs extra to get a burger without one
2. Debbies - good diner burger at a 50s type place with Buddy Holly on the juke box and $5 dollar milkshakes
3. ummm...I'll say Deno's. generations-old local staple, tons of ambiance, good happy hour, and maybe the best bar to pick up cougars
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh! what's the name of that food truck that sells burgers through the window at Ullr's tavern?

they have these sliders with goat cheese and like this berry compote that's really good late night

most overrated: Devil's Thumb Ranch. overseasoned sloppy grease bomb that falls apart, and it's Wagyu but who cares, it's still a $25 dollar burger
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hmmm, I just always assumed you were in Beaver Creek.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It would help for context, search and gusher stalking if you named the city but you all do you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also we have spots starting with the letters:
B, B, B.
And
D, D, D.

Is this a CR thread?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Florida

Hamburgers, and what passes for "Mexican" food, suck here.

don't get me started

dammit
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

My top 3 are completely different than the "majorities" top 3.
Chicago and surrounding....
1) Charlie Beinlich's.
2) Butcher and the Burger
3) My own grilled burger/s.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For future reference in this thread, please don’t name yourself as a top 3 option even if you are.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Banners:

The Ditch:

Charlie Ben Licks:
colbond

Post by colbond »

Denver Metro:
#1 5280 Burger Bar
#2 Cherry Cricket
#3 The 49th
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the ditch isn’t even a particularly exceptional burger, but the chilis are a game changer

plus the best margs in town, and they were always cool about putting on the KU game, and even usually gave me the sound
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

That's an 8oz burger at Banners.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Top 3 bars:

Portland, ME & surrounding:
1. Andy's Old Port
2. Rosie's
3. Howie's Pub
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohhh!

This is a big one. Like best bars just for a spot to get gushered? For live music? Food too?

This is especially tricky cuz several breweries and distilleries have opened here within the past few months that are cool but haven’t necessarily proven themselves.

But here we go!

1. Ullrs. Named after the Norse god of snow, prob the best live music venue in the valley. Good bar games, good food truck too, and also the best place to get the clap from a ski bunny. The only real downside is most nights the place never even got going til like 10 or 11pm.

2. Hmm. I’ll say Winter Park Pub. Wonderfully divey, and prob the most authentic “ski” bar in town. Used to be the late night spot before Ullrs established itself. Giant patio with lots of yard games, plus solid Taco Tuesdays

3. hmmmm. This was gonna be the crooked creek saloon, but since my bartender friend doesn’t work there any more, and since no one hangs out there but the old alcoholic locals, I’m giving the nod to a new place: Idlewild spirits. A craft distillery with old timey cocktails and overstuffed leather couches and giant fireplaces. Cool vibe, but expensive, and packed.

Honorable mention: Freestyles. When I first moved up here my fellow KU alum roomie made friends with the owner, an OSU grad and general Big 12 hoops fan. Dude loved us coming in for every game and was constantly booking up drinks, almost irresponsibly so. By the time the next season started, we got word the place got raided by the sheriff cuz they were selling coke out the back door, and now the place is called Buckets and kinda sucks. Sigh.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"This is a big one. Like best bars just for a spot to get gushered? For live music? Food too?

This is especially tricky cuz several breweries and distilleries have opened here within the past few months that are cool but haven’t necessarily proven themselves."

Your top 3, your rules.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Im guessing id be hanging at thw crooked creek.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I used to hang at "The Creek" several nights a week. I even used to reverse stalk gusher and be like SEE YOU TONIGHT AT THE CREEK SUCKA lol sigh.

They had 50 cent wings for happy hour, so I'd go get that and $2 peeber pints for dinner. Many nights, in and out for under $10 bucks. Good sports bar vibe too, and I've watched more than a few KU games there.

But like I said, the bartenders I knew quit working there, so instead of promptly greeting me like SUP OUSDAHL and serving me the drink they already knew I wanted as soon as I belly up and asking what channel the KU game was on tonight, it's some stuffy new person all like, "welcome to the Crooked Creek, sir, may I see your ID?"

but the big thing that killed the creek is the 2 breweries and distillery that opened within the same 2 block downtown radius. but TDub, I'm sure there'll be some crusty old locals still in there with whom you can bicker about the kids these days. Just be ready for the new bartender to treat you like a tourist.