Sandwiches

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Sandwiches

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:34 am Isn’t Perkins at least open late night tho?

Cuz the only way to make hash browns and pie better, is hash browns and pie completely gushered after last call.
Late night in college really changes things. Beyond the usual spots I recall nights at both Steak & Shake and IHOP. Not fantastic stuff now.

About a year ago we got the DD to pick up a whole Wheel pepperoni pizza on the way to friends' house after Mass Street bars. It was garbage even in that condition. Maybe it has changed or we just needed more honey.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:30 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 am
Cascadia wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:46 am What was the BBQ joint on Mass St that would serve your a plate of french fries that must have been 8 potatoes worth of fries?
Buffalo Bob's. Not good.
Same dude who used to own Mass Street Deli - Bob Krass or something?
"How bout a Fat Tire Amber Ale, NOW."
He owned the steakhouse out on K 10 too. I never worked for him but friends who did, didn't like him.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:30 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 am
Cascadia wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:46 am What was the BBQ joint on Mass St that would serve your a plate of french fries that must have been 8 potatoes worth of fries?
Buffalo Bob's. Not good.
Bob Schumm (sp?)

i went to school with his daughter, but can’t for the life of me remember her name…i remember her face tho
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Schumm.
That's it.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I enjoyed Mass Street Deli back in the day for a change of pace. Except the one time they served me a bowl of soup that was approximately 45 degrees.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Buffalo Bob’s was actually the very first restaurant i ever ate at in Lawrence
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who remembers Quickies?

seems like they had curly fries before anyone else
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:02 pm Buffalo Bob’s was actually the very first restaurant i ever ate at in Lawrence
That place was horrific
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:10 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:02 pm Buffalo Bob’s was actually the very first restaurant i ever ate at in Lawrence
That place was horrific
i woulda been 9…don’t think i was worried about anything but the bison heads on the walls
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I remember liking all the fries.
But yea, I was around Trads age too.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am
Bob Schumm (sp?)
[/quote]

Fourth comment down--by Wild_Bill_Kickock--my introduction to the myth of the Fat Tire man.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lawrence/comme ... _you_have/
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"If you visit Stull, you are bound to be arrested. A cop parks nearby and is always on the lookout for 'trespassers', especially during Halloween."

We met the cop.
Got away and were not arrested.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

defixione wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:46 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am
Bob Schumm (sp?)
Fourth comment down--by Wild_Bill_Kickock--my introduction to the myth of the Fat Tire man.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lawrence/comme ... _you_have/
[/quote]
some pretty good stuff in there
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:34 am Isn’t Perkins at least open late night tho?

Cuz the only way to make hash browns and pie better, is hash browns and pie completely gushered after last call.
Late night in college really changes things. Beyond the usual spots I recall nights at both Steak & Shake and IHOP. Not fantastic stuff now.

About a year ago we got the DD to pick up a whole Wheel pepperoni pizza on the way to friends' house after Mass Street bars. It was garbage even in that condition. Maybe it has changed or we just needed more honey.
I believe it did in fact change ownership in the last several years.

Burrito King was always my go-to; 6 tacos for $2 or $3? I'm pretty sure I'd be out of commission for the next day after that now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Burritos were loaded and very cheap.
I think back and feel for those who worked late shifts there, Jimmy John's and Pita Pit.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:45 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 am

I believe it did in fact change ownership in the last several years.

Burrito King was always my go-to; 6 tacos for $2 or $3? I'm pretty sure I'd be out of commission for the next day after that now.
We did it a lot, too. It was $3 and they accepted Beak 'em Bucks at the time, which didn't feel like real money. I took someone new to Lawrence there about 2-3 years ago and it was $4--so unaffordable!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RIP Hale and Hearty in NYC.
Used to be a go to quick meal in the Fall/Winter.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/hale-and- ... -20-years/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »