Yous People

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Yous People

Post by TDub »

Wheres DC? Top 5 poster, chased him off. Not that I think he was "chased off" per se but...same idea

Thats 2 top 5 posters been run off in the last year or 3 (whenever Hawklin left.....yes I know he returns...but sparingly) Yous people like hearing the echo chamber reverberate I guess.

On another note Wheres Trad? Another good poster.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Yous People

Post by pdub »

I blame pdub.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DC's demeanor changed in the weeks leading up to his absence. At least it seemed so to me. Hopefully, he's just taking a break and will be back.

I've said before that we should all be more civil to each other.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Sometimes it is good to take a break.

Personally, I took one, really thought about some of my posting habits, the reasons why I was being intentionally confrontational with certain people, whether or not it did any good (for myself or others), and if that is truly how I wanted to portray myself on here (even to a bunch of strangers)....after some reflection I decided to be/do better because this place is something I enjoy and it would improve that experience (and the experience of others).

I am not saying DC should or shouldn't do that. I understand why this place can be frustrating for someone who pushes back on the group think that goes on. He is clearly very intelligent on many/most issues, and provides a lot of good insight at times (at least imo).

I hope he comes back.

I hope hawklin comes back too.

But I understand why they wouldn't also.

Once it becomes "not fun" on here then you've really got to examine what the point is of a website like this.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

As someone who has been on these boreds in one form or another for the past 15+ years, I can say that the meanness and hostility are the worst they’ve ever been, due primarily to three or four posters who don’t seem to be able to disagree with others without attacking or name-calling. It is sad, but it is also a reflection of the culture we live in right now.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:53 amI blame pdub.
I think pdub has done an exceptional job, given the knuckleheads that frequent this joint.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

When DC discussed the topics being discussed, I really enjoyed his point of view and I miss that content.

But he spent a lot of time here simply treating other users like shit and I don't miss that content at all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

That too much like lookin in a mirror for you?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I’m certain hd was referring to me in the name calling thing. I don’t continuous call him a cunt because I disagree with him, but because I think he’s a cunt.

It’s smug as shit he doesn’t think he’s a giant part of any problem with decorum.

At end of day, I was much better off before I started chiming in on the poli stuff.

The board probably wasn’t better or worse, tbh.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am As someone who has been on these boreds in one form or another for the past 15+ years, I can say that the meanness and hostility are the worst they’ve ever been, due primarily to three or four posters who don’t seem to be able to disagree with others without attacking or name-calling. It is sad, but it is also a reflection of the culture we live in right now.
This.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am That too much like lookin in a mirror for you?
No, not really. My frustrations do spill over from time to time and result in a few personal digs at folks but certainly not to DC's level. It's something I am trying to get a little better at but it can be a challenge sometimes with some of the head scratching things said here.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:53 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am That too much like lookin in a mirror for you?
No, not really. My frustrations do spill over from time to time and result in a few personal digs at folks but certainly not to DC's level. It's something I am trying to get a little better at but it can be a challenge sometimes with some of the head scratching things said here.
Oh, this is a joke right.

On your best day you're a much bigger asshole than DC could ever be, even on his worst day.

You're so clueless and devoid of any sense of self awareness.

It's always the biggest jerks lecturing others not to be jerks.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm

On your best day you're a much bigger asshole than DC could ever be, even on his worst day.

Your expected response took even less time than I had anticipated.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:58 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm

It's the truth.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

HD's point proven.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:56 pm Oh, this is a joke right.

It's the truth.
It's your opinion. The opinion of a person similar to DC who primarily hovers around the boards looking for an opportunity to hurl personal insults at other users isn't particularly meaningful to me.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 pm HD's point proven.
Yep.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:20 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 pm
It's the truth.
It's your opinion. The opinion of a person similar to DC who primarily hovers around the boards looking for an opportunity to hurl personal insults at other users isn't particularly meaningful to me.
It's fact.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:20 pm
Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 pm HD's point proven.
Yep.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:30 am As someone who has been on these boreds in one form or another for the past 15+ years, I can say that the meanness and hostility are the worst they’ve ever been, due primarily to three or four posters who don’t seem to be able to disagree with others without attacking or name-calling. It is sad, but it is also a reflection of the culture we live in right now.
This.
Yeah, people really need to treat you racists and misogynists with more respect.......