YE

Ugh.
ousdahl

YE

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 141

Re: YE

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Yeah. My first thought was...he’s a trump supporter and thinks this might take votes from Biden.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 pm Yeah. My first thought was...he’s a trump supporter and thinks this might take votes from Biden.
I think he actually recently came out and spoke against trump by saying he pretended to support him to help get some convictions overturned that his wife (Kim k) was working on as part of her organization that advocates for wrongly convicted people in prison.

I could be wrong but that seems to be what I recall.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gqcolorado wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 pm Yeah. My first thought was...he’s a trump supporter and thinks this might take votes from Biden.
My first thought was hey, he saw 2 other mentally deficient people and said "fuck it"
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 pm
My first thought was hey, he saw 2 other mentally deficient people and said "fuck it"
He can't be much worse than trump. LOL
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

He runs - Trump wins the 2020 election.
He’s only taking Biden votes.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 pm He runs - Trump wins the 2020 election.
He’s only taking Biden votes.
I doubt he'd take many Biden votes
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I don’t know how many state ballots he can get on to make a difference. Hasn’t the deadline passed in many states?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

I don’t think so. The candidates haven’t even been officially nominated and there are still a month+ of primaries going on. But I doubt a party picks him up, and I doubt he has the attention span to meet the qualifications of running as an independent.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trump has the attention span of a goldfish too, but he still got elected.

Kanye is rich enough, egotistical enough, and just plain old batshit crazy enough. Those are the three most significant qualifications for a modern candidate.
Deleted User 318

Trump went through the proper channels, campaigned, and went through a full primary season, and used earn media to get a full campaign team behind him. I don’t think you will be able to buy a confident ground team to get the proper ballet access in enough states, especially when there is no party backing him. Plus, when he finds out he will need to spend his own money (doubt he’s going to go through the FEC process to fundraise) just for a publicity stunt, he’ll probably make it a write-in campaign and we will never hear of it again.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Okay okay, yeah I suppose there are legit channels you’re supposed to go through.

But I still wonder if we get more surprise candidates. Given the spectacle politics has become, I was expecting as much even before 2020 became 2020.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

NiceDC wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:36 am I don’t think so. The candidates haven’t even been officially nominated and there are still a month+ of primaries going on. But I doubt a party picks him up, and I doubt he has the attention span to meet the qualifications of running as an independent.
Good point. I was likely conflating primary and general election calendar. Still no way he gets on enough state ballots
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Th ink of the uptick in views of the potential first ladies’ home videos.
Deleted User 318

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 am Okay okay, yeah I suppose there are legit channels you’re supposed to go through.

But I still wonder if we get more surprise candidates. Given the spectacle politics has become, I was expecting as much even before 2020 became 2020.
I don’t think you realize how hard it is to get on a ballot. Just using Cali, you need near 200k signatures to get on, and the deadline is in early August. My point was actually candidates have to hire people to do that, plus all other 49 states, plus DC and territories. He would need a ground game of thousands, and need it now to be taken even the slightest bit serious.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_r ... California
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Deleted User 318

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html

Who had Yeezus committing election fraud (not voter fraud, but election fraud) on their 2020 bingo?
Deleted User 318

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sorry, not sorry. We already have one bozo on the ticket.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

oops
Defense. Rebounds.