I am out

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

I am out

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hey folks, the time has come for me to take my talents to another site.

It was a fun run, and I truly enjoyed the interactions with the vast majority of the posters here.

In preparation to avoid the embarrassment of telling Lobster he was right, I really am an idiot for buying real estate....I am going to do the honorable thing and bow out.

This site is more and more a struggle to enjoy on a daily basis. Most of us know why.

Be safe you guys, and I hope the good Ole USA survives these next few years.
Deleted User 310

Re: I am out

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Dang we just started getting along!
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Best wishes, Plano.

I hope you and your's stay safe and well...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dammit Plano. I hope this is a joke. Stick around.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What tdub said.
I think this offseason has been a real doozy - no NCAA tourney, no sports, covid and an upcoming election cycle.
If you are leaving, I hope you just take a break until Kansas sports returns ( or just avoid the poli-bored ).
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I understand Plano.
Catch you some other time.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I avoid the poli board, it helps me keep my sanity. Many times a break is good, but remember, no one here really knows each other, so don't take anything personal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

With that said, I myself need to do a better job not encouraging poli-talk on other boreds besides poli-bored and the occasional/appropriate off topic thread by discussing ( i'm looking at you pdub on the Redskins thread ) it on Sports boreds.

Sports should be about sports - so i'll try and keep those spots 'safe havens' for the bullshit.

Tread on the poli-bored at your own risk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As far as 99, this is how I imagine that Markieff felt when Marcus was traded away from Phoenix.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Yeah, well now Marcus Thomas Morris Sr. gets to play with Jo Noah so life couldn't be sweeter for him.
Hopefully life will be better for Plano/Jepper now that he's gone on to greener pastures.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The grass is always greener on the other side.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Is he going back to .com is the question....i still cant get verified on there because they dont like my email address 🤣
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is there any way to establish a correlation between loosing good posters for the sake of harboring asshole posters?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'm assuming this is a joke. But if it's not, it's not exactly bad news. If the best I could say after 4 years on here was "JFC", I would resign too.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am I'm assuming this is a joke. But if it's not, it's not exactly bad news. If the best I could say after 4 years on here was "JFC", I would resign too.
Honestly, that's more clever than anything you've posted in years.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am Is there any way to establish a correlation between loosing good posters for the sake of harboring asshole posters?
This is an open forum with thoughts from all angles.
I'm not going to block/ban someone just because they think differently.

Walrus/lobster is a looney toon - 80% of what he posts is garbage conspiracy theory - but I don't consider him a troll, a troll for me is posting with intent to agitate, I think he's just a bit warped and actually thinks he's spreading the truth. He's also not being openly offensive.

Use the ignore/foe button and don't read posts started by someone you don't like.
I'll try and keep the riff raff to poli and off topic.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:21 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:28 am Is there any way to establish a correlation between loosing good posters for the sake of harboring asshole posters?
This is an open forum with thoughts from all angles.
I'm not going to block/ban someone just because they think differently.

Walrus/lobster is a looney toon - 80% of what he posts is garbage conspiracy theory - but I don't consider him a troll, a troll for me is posting with intent to agitate, I think he's just a bit warped and actually thinks he's spreading the truth. He's also not being openly offensive.

Use the ignore/foe button and don't read posts started by someone you don't like.
I'll try and keep the riff raff to poli and off topic.
I do like how the question was about @$$hole posters, and you singled out Walrus/Lobster without prompt.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, kinda without prompt.
Just below that is a Walrus/lobster post about jeep and JFC.
And jeep singled Lobster out in the initial post.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's easy to label someone as "troll" when they dismantled all your arguments and you nothing left to say but "JFC". :D. But we should remember, labeling is disabling. ;)
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."