We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:55 am Gaetz and Greene are absolute turds
They're not there to solve problems, they're there to become influencers using grievance performance art.

Neither are people anyone with any self-respect would want to be associated with.

America deserves better.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Rule by meme
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am Is the Republican Do Nothing Congress about to do even less? Who would have thought that was possible?

What a shit show the Republican party is. We deserve better. Not that I'll miss Christo-Fascist Speaker Mike Johnson much. Or, will I...?

Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman
·
27m
🚨BREAKING NEWS -- MTG chatting with the floor staff, just handed a piece of paper with a resolution to the parliamentarian staff.

She threatened earlier to file a motion to vacate....

@bresreports
and i just witnessed it.
We keep witnessing what happens when you vote incompetent idiots into Congress. Every day, these MAGA clowns continue to confirm that they need to be removed from office due to gross incompetence.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:25 am
Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am Is the Republican Do Nothing Congress about to do even less? Who would have thought that was possible?

What a shit show the Republican party is. We deserve better. Not that I'll miss Christo-Fascist Speaker Mike Johnson much. Or, will I...?

Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman
·
27m
🚨BREAKING NEWS -- MTG chatting with the floor staff, just handed a piece of paper with a resolution to the parliamentarian staff.

@bresreports
and i just witnessed it.
We keep witnessing what happens when you vote incompetent idiots into Congress. Every day, these MAGA clowns continue to confirm that they need to be removed from office due to gross incompetence.
I agree. They can't govern. All you have to do is think about what Pelosi accomplished with her 4-seat majority in the House to appreciate how incompetent Republicans are. To say their performance has been PATHETIC, is too kind.

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

And, of course, the funding for Ukraine still hasn't been approved. It's a fucking disaster to our standing in the world for Republicans to make us look so weak and indecisive.

And, while Republicans claim to love Israel, why haven't they passed the funding for Israel that has been waiting for the House to act on it for months and months?

Answer: They're incompetent.

But, I'm sure their benefactor Vladimir loves it, not to mention Xi Jinping, Iran, et al.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t think you’re wrong, but bibi sure hasn’t done himself any favors to ensure the U.S. is united behind Israel
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Jake Sherman

@JakeSherman
·
27m

@bresreports
and i just witnessed it.
Great news for Ukraine, really. I predict that if the House really devolves back into another speaker fight, it will cause enough Rs to line up with the Ds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am hoping we get a governing coalition led by democrats from this. But Putin and Trump have other marching orders for the GOP.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:54 am i don’t think you’re wrong, but bibi sure hasn’t done himself any favors to ensure the U.S. is united behind Israel
You're assuming that Bibi is acting on behalf of Israel. It would seem to make sense that Israel would benefit from having both political parties in the US united behind them, but that hasn't kept Bibi from being more than willing to insert himself firmly into existing fissures in American politics, before.

Dem Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer finally says what nearly everyone in the world already knows, that Israel's history of leveling Gaza and plans to continue the same into Rafah is doing Israel more harm than good. Trump knows Schumer pissed Bibi off so he goes on TV and says that Democrats don't hate Bibi, Democrats hate Israel and Jews. Speaker Johnson, dutiful Christian-Fascist and Trump Cult member that he is, invites Bibi to speak before congress. So just like when Bibi accepted Boehner's invitation to speak before congress back in 2015 to shit on the Obama Admin's effort to reach the Iran Nuclear deal which Bibi opposed, if Bibi accepts Johnson's invite, it will simply be the most recent example of Bibi attempting to influence American politics to benefit himself, Republicans, and Trump.

Notice a pattern? Working with Republicans against Democrats then, 2015, and now. And this, after all that Biden did for Israel after Oct. 7th. smh.

Funny how, just as our own Republican cult leader Trump is trying to keep his butt out of jail by running for president, Bibi is doing the same. And the longer Bibi can prolong the war, the longer he can avoid his day in court and the ballot box, and hope public sentiment in Israel toward him improves in the meantime. And if he manages to divide Americans enough and toward Trump, he wins again.

Birds of a feather, much?
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin will resign from Congress effective April 19th, further thinning the razor thin Republican majority in the House of Reps. I fully expect them to lose the House this fall.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 pm GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin will resign from Congress effective April 19th, further thinning the razor thin Republican majority in the House of Reps. I fully expect them to lose the House this fall.
One of only 3 Republicans to vote against impeaching Alejandro Mayorkas, so he must be a little more "normal" than most. Solidly Republican district. But maybe it will help in the meantime?

With Republican-controlled states plans to impact and distort the elections this fall, let's hope Democrats can take it back, nonetheless.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

https://x.com/zaleskiluke/status/177219 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
MAGA: the Super Bowl is rigged. The election is rigged. The fake news is rigged. The primary is rigged. The trump prosecutions are rigged. The insurrection was rigged. The pandemic was rigged. The border is rigged to bring in voters to rig more elections. Everything is rigged. Trump doesn’t cheat at golf
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The thing about Rubefucking is that their assholes seem to be limitlessly elastic. No matter how often or hard trumpty dumpty pounds those soulless fucks, they are always ready for more! You gotta respect that kind of resilience.
NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump is now selling Bibles as he runs to return to the White House.

Trump, who became the presumptive Republican nominee earlier this month, released a video on his Truth Social platform on Tuesday urging his supporters to buy the “God Bless the USA Bible," which is inspired by country singer Lee Greenwood's patriotic ballad. Trump takes the stage to the song at each of his rallies and has appeared with Greenwood at events.

“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

The effort comes as Trump has faced a serious money crunch amid mounting legal bills while he fights four criminal indictments along with a series of civil charges. Trump was given a reprieve Monday when a New York appeals court agreed to hold off on collecting the more than $454 million he owes following a civil fraud judgment if he puts up $175 million within 10 days. Trump has already posted a $92 million bond in connection with defamation cases brought by the writer E. Jean Carroll, who accused Trump of sexual assault.

“All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It’s my favorite book," Trump said in the video posted on Truth Social. "I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible. We must make America pray again.”

Billing itself as “the the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!” the new venture's website calls it “Easy-to-read” with “large print” and a “slim design” that “invites you to explore God’s Word anywhere, any time.”

Besides a King James Version translation, it includes copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance, as well as a handwritten chorus of the famous Greenwood song.

The Bible is just the latest commercial venture that Trump has pursued while campaigning.
We reached out to God's office for comment but she had not responded before the publishing of our article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJQY6fDtOI

Sales men
Conventioneers
Some rock stars
With tambourines
Short skirts
And skinny legs
Selling bibles
And real estate
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:56 pm The thing about Rubefucking is that their assholes seem to be limitlessly elastic. No matter how often or hard trumpty dumpty pounds those soulless fucks, they are always ready for more! You gotta respect that kind of resilience.
NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump is now selling Bibles as he runs to return to the White House.

Trump, who became the presumptive Republican nominee earlier this month, released a video on his Truth Social platform on Tuesday urging his supporters to buy the “God Bless the USA Bible," which is inspired by country singer Lee Greenwood's patriotic ballad. Trump takes the stage to the song at each of his rallies and has appeared with Greenwood at events.

“Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless the USA Bible,” Trump wrote, directing his supporters to a website selling the book for $59.99.

The effort comes as Trump has faced a serious money crunch amid mounting legal bills while he fights four criminal indictments along with a series of civil charges. Trump was given a reprieve Monday when a New York appeals court agreed to hold off on collecting the more than $454 million he owes following a civil fraud judgment if he puts up $175 million within 10 days. Trump has already posted a $92 million bond in connection with defamation cases brought by the writer E. Jean Carroll, who accused Trump of sexual assault.

“All Americans need a Bible in their home, and I have many. It’s my favorite book," Trump said in the video posted on Truth Social. "I’m proud to endorse and encourage you to get this Bible. We must make America pray again.”

Billing itself as “the the only Bible endorsed by President Trump!” the new venture's website calls it “Easy-to-read” with “large print” and a “slim design” that “invites you to explore God’s Word anywhere, any time.”

Besides a King James Version translation, it includes copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence and the Pledge of Allegiance, as well as a handwritten chorus of the famous Greenwood song.

The Bible is just the latest commercial venture that Trump has pursued while campaigning.
We reached out to God's office for comment but she had not responded before the publishing of our article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJQY6fDtOI

Sales men
Conventioneers
Some rock stars
With tambourines
Short skirts
And skinny legs
Selling bibles
And real estate
And yet.

You absolutely put this in the right thread, even though it would have gone just fine in many others.

Trump is now a meme god, an avatar for the worst things in us. And he will likely lose in November, and then die. Maybe in a cell, maybe in Florida, maybe in Qatar or Hungary or whothehellknows. Maybe rich, maybe poor.

But this sickness has infected, at best, at least 10% of us. And this sickness will be with us for the rest of MY life, for sure.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hmm. Good thing for Trump branded Ivermectin.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am not sure Trump loses.

There are an alarming number of fucking idiots in this country. Plus…the game is rigged.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Alabama results tonight are encouraging.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:27 pm Alabama results tonight are encouraging.
Forgive me, I don't know what you feel is/was encouraging.
Maybe Marilyn Lands winning? I admit I am kind of surprised she won so easily - but I really shouldn't be. Being that I have been told/read the majority of Americans support abortion rights.
Good for her. Good for her district and our country.
As I have said too often, no one has to have an abortion if they choose not to have one - but for a woman to not be able to chose to have one - legally, I feel that's not right.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.