JKLivin
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:47 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:21 pm

The epitome of white trash
I thought you were leaving because you were tired of being picked on. How can we miss you if you never go?
lol, what?

I’m not going anywhere and have never claimed I’m being “picked on”

But, pdub has threatened to ban me, specifically for picking on you since you’re such a snowflake. He can’t have you disappearing because you draw attention away from his own bat shit crazy views.
For what it’s worth, I’ve never complained about you or anyone else picking on me. Mostly because I don’t care, but still . . .
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:28 pm Ten years old is not a teenager. And let's be honest, she didn't write that question herself. Some cowardly adult put her up to it because they didn't want to get lit up like that.
That is about as far as I got in the video and then lost interest. Serious question, what sort of parent would send their child up there to face that?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:28 pm Ten years old is not a teenager. And let's be honest, she didn't write that question herself. Some cowardly adult put her up to it because they didn't want to get lit up like that.
That is about as far as I got in the video and then lost interest. Serious question, what sort of parent would send their child up there to face that?
A bad parent?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Crenshaw may be an asshole, but any parent who throws their child under the bus like that is an even bigger asshole.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm
A very immature, selfish parent. There are plenty of them out there.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:56 pm Crenshaw may be an asshole, but any parent who throws their child under the bus like that is an even bigger asshole.
I think Crenshaw is a good guy. He could have handled the situation much better than he did, but he's got a lot in the positive column working for him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:14 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:14 am Example number 284,528,103 of why I would say God Bless America (sarcastically).

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2551007234
Meh. Snotty kid was being over-the-top disrespectful to an adult - front of a crowd, no less. He's a Navy SEAL and disabled veteran, not to mention a U.S. Congressman. He deserves to be spoken to respectfully, especially by children. She got put in her place, and rightfully so. Hopefully she'll learn from it. If I would have spoken to an adult at that age the way she did, I would have been picking my teeth up off the floor.

I see more and more of this idiocy in the classroom. People have raised their kids to think they are on the same level with adults and can speak to them as such. I have found that I have to set that boundary with incoming Freshmen every year the first week of class. They try to call me by my first name or just by my last name, and I have to correct them and say, "We are not peers. You may call me Doctor or Professor. After you walk across the stage in four years and get a diploma, you're welcome to call me by my first name." I don't think it is coincidental that the professors who have all of the discipline problems are the ones who say "Oh, we're all friends here. Just call me by my first name." It quickly devolves from there.

"Over the top disrespectful"? She quoted him and his words and questioned their meaning. How/why was that "over the top disrespectful"?
So what if he's a FORMER Navy Seal, disabled veteran, and US Congressman? He can do no wrong and is not worthy of ridicule in your eyes and mind because of those 3 things?
If he is a complete asshole (and at times he is) he does NOT "deserve" to be spoken to respectfully - by anyone of any age - but I and others feel this person (I have seen/read her referred to as being 10 years old and 18 years old) was NOT disrespectful for simply quoting his words and questioning their meaning.
"She got put in her place"? How so? By him becoming a disrespectful asshole towards her? Heck, some of those who got pissed at him were probably his supporters.
As a child, if you would have spoken to an adult by trying to ask him/her a question about something that they said and that you didn't understand - you would have been picking your teeth up from the floor? Really? Who would have knocked your teeth out?

I happen to agree with you that SOME "people have raised their kids to think they are on the same level with adults and can speak to them as such".
Sometimes I cringe at that and other times I am extremely impressed by it. Why would or should I feel it is always a bad thing?
I feel it's unfortunate you have to "set that boundary with incoming Freshmen every year the first week of class". I am someone who was raised to respect my teachers - and I did - unless they lost my respect for/by THEIR actions. Sure I still addressed them as Ms. Mrs. Mr. but it didn't mean I respected them other than by calling them by their "title".

Bottom line, not surprisingly, you and I watched the same video and came away with completely different thoughts.
Moving on.....
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Those of you assuming she's 10 years old and it was her parents who put her up to asking the question, the yolk MAY be on you. She's also been identified as being 18 years old. I can't tell how old she is. Can you?

https://twitter.com/thejamesonellis/sta ... 1480255492
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:20 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:14 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:14 am Example number 284,528,103 of why I would say God Bless America (sarcastically).

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2551007234
Meh. Snotty kid was being over-the-top disrespectful to an adult - front of a crowd, no less. He's a Navy SEAL and disabled veteran, not to mention a U.S. Congressman. He deserves to be spoken to respectfully, especially by children. She got put in her place, and rightfully so. Hopefully she'll learn from it. If I would have spoken to an adult at that age the way she did, I would have been picking my teeth up off the floor.

I see more and more of this idiocy in the classroom. People have raised their kids to think they are on the same level with adults and can speak to them as such. I have found that I have to set that boundary with incoming Freshmen every year the first week of class. They try to call me by my first name or just by my last name, and I have to correct them and say, "We are not peers. You may call me Doctor or Professor. After you walk across the stage in four years and get a diploma, you're welcome to call me by my first name." I don't think it is coincidental that the professors who have all of the discipline problems are the ones who say "Oh, we're all friends here. Just call me by my first name." It quickly devolves from there.

"Over the top disrespectful"? She quoted him and his words and questioned their meaning. How/why was that "over the top disrespectful"?
So what if he's a FORMER Navy Seal, disabled veteran, and US Congressman? He can do no wrong and is not worthy of ridicule in your eyes and mind because of those 3 things?
If he is a complete asshole (and at times he is) he does NOT "deserve" to be spoken to respectfully - by anyone of any age - but I and others feel this person (I have seen/read her referred to as being 10 years old and 18 years old) was NOT disrespectful for simply quoting his words and questioning their meaning.
"She got put in her place"? How so? By him becoming a disrespectful asshole towards her? Heck, some of those who got pissed at him were probably his supporters.
As a child, if you would have spoken to an adult by trying to ask him/her a question about something that they said and that you didn't understand - you would have been picking your teeth up from the floor? Really? Who would have knocked your teeth out?

I happen to agree with you that SOME "people have raised their kids to think they are on the same level with adults and can speak to them as such".
Sometimes I cringe at that and other times I am extremely impressed by it. Why would or should I feel it is always a bad thing?
I feel it's unfortunate you have to "set that boundary with incoming Freshmen every year the first week of class". I am someone who was raised to respect my teachers - and I did - unless they lost my respect for/by THEIR actions. Sure I still addressed them as Ms. Mrs. Mr. but it didn't mean I respected them other than by calling them by their "title".

Bottom line, not surprisingly, you and I watched the same video and came away with completely different thoughts.
Moving on.....
Her tone was disrespectful. I heard the interview she was supposedly quoting live, and, because she is immature and has an attitude, she missed the context and thus, the point.
Last edited by JKLivin on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…a 10 year old is immature? go figure

i’m glad piling on a child makes psych feel like such a man. so superior

such a joke
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:55 am lol…a 10 year old is immature? go figure

such a joke
I am NOT defending psych - but she's supposedly not 10.
Meanwhile, I don't feel she's "immature" as a supposed 18 year old.
I'm wondering why psych would think I would/should.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

18 you say? He'd probably ask for pussy pics
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:31 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:55 am lol…a 10 year old is immature? go figure

such a joke
It doesn't matter how old she is. She was disrespectful and got what disrespect gets you - embarrassment. I hope she learns from the experience - whatever her age may be.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 am 18 you say? He'd probably ask for pussy pics
You are such a sad, sad individual. I'm sorry your life is so miserable that you feel the need to act this way.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

such a joke
Would you want your ten year-old talking to adults like that? If so, I feel sorry for her and for you.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:39 am

such a joke
It doesn't matter how old she is. She was disrespectful and got what disrespect gets you - embarrassment. I hope she learns from the experience - whatever her age may be.
Your entire premise in your first response was that it was a kid being disrespectful to an adult.

So, you're entire take is dependent on age.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

such a joke
I can and will be respectful with my response.
I agree it doesn't matter how old she is but it seems you made a point of assuming she was a 10 year old child and your commenting in regards to it - I found to be interesting.
Regardless, I'm still a bit confused as to why you feel she was disrespectful. You did mention he is (was) a Navy Seal, a disabled veteran, and a U.S. Congressman, but as I basically said in my reply, I feel that doesn't mean he isn't (nor should be) immune from criticism and being questioned - which you took/take as being "disrespectful".

I very well could be wrong but she didn't seem to be embarrassed.
I don't know what she took away (learned) from her "experience" (interaction with him) but I have a feeling it was mostly if not completely positive - and not negative.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:41 am

Your entire premise in your first response was that it was a kid being disrespectful to an adult.

So, you're entire take is dependent on age.
I don't care what your age is, when you are disrespectful to others, you open yourself up to embarrassment and correction. I think it is exponentially so when you are a child - and I would count an 18 year-old as a child these days - addressing an adult, regardless of what you or your parents think of that person.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:40 am

such a joke
Would you want your ten year-old talking to adults like that? If so, I feel sorry for her and for you.
1) i don’t have a 10-year old

2) i thought you were convinced her folks put her up to it?

3) i would have zero qualms about a child of mine calling out an elected official for their statements. those official work for us, and thus should answer to us…or did you conveniently forget that part?

4) who us supposed to be the mature adult in that exchange?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?