We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
Deleted User 318

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by Deleted User 318 »

For one to lose something, mustn't they have possessed it in the first place?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sums up pretty much how I've felt about the republican party for the last 8 years.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Both parties are guilty of pandering. The republicans pander to the sector That want to work for what they got. The dems pander to those that don’t. Simple as that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:51 pm Both parties are guilty of pandering. The republicans pander to the sector That want to work for what they got. The dems pander to those that don’t. Simple as that.
Some things in life will forever be consistent. Death, taxes, etc.

And that Mich will come on and post something incredibly stupid.

Makes you feel good and solid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've been working a lot of hours recently for being a dem that doesn't want to work.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:53 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:51 pm Both parties are guilty of pandering. The republicans pander to the sector That want to work for what they got. The dems pander to those that don’t. Simple as that.
Some things in life will forever be consistent. Death, taxes, etc.

And that Mich will come on and post something incredibly stupid.

Makes you feel good and solid.
What I like about his canned answer, is that it confirms that he didn't read, or at least comprehend the article. He just saw some key words in the thread title and thought, ah! this idiom applies.

The republican party had great opportunities in the past 4 years to distance itself from racism, hate, xenophobia, and it did the opposite. So...yeah, there are things intrinsic to both parties, or politics in general that are shitty and gross, but this is specific and as we're seeing has very real and negative consequences.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:59 pm I've been working a lot of hours recently for being a dem that doesn't want to work.
I've been told to stay at home and have significantly less work to do while continuing to be paid for a (registered) republican who wants to work for what I got. (Although, the work itself is less enjoyable and less fulfilling).

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Both parties were lost long ago.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Very fine nazis.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

We needed a new thread for this? Seems like it could have gone in the repiblicans have no shame thread. Or multiple others.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They keep expanding their horizons.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Each person needs to start their very own thread to prove their level of anger and prove themselves worthy of walking the correct side of the line.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

What work did Ivanka and the rest of the Trump spawn do for what they got? How about DJT himself, unless you consider money laundering “work”?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/tech ... ticleShare

QAnon Followers Are Hijacking the #SaveTheChildren Movement
Fans of the pro-Trump conspiracy theory are clogging anti-trafficking hotlines, infiltrating Facebook groups and raising false fears about child exploitation.
Recently, an acquaintance posted a photo on her Instagram story showing a map of the United States, filled with bright red dots.

“This is not a map of Covid,” the caption read. “It is a map of human trafficking.”

Under the photo was a hashtag: #SaveTheChildren.

A few days later, I saw the same hashtag trending on Twitter. This time, it was being posted by followers of QAnon, the sprawling pro-Trump conspiracy theory. These people were also disturbed about human trafficking, but with a dark twist: Many of them believed that President Trump was on the verge of exposing “Pizzagate” or “Pedogate,” their terms for a global conspiracy involving a ring of Satan-worshiping, child-molesting criminals led by prominent Democrats.

My acquaintance is not a QAnon believer. And she certainly doesn’t think, as some QAnon adherents do, that Hillary Clinton and her cronies are kidnapping and eating children (yes, eating them) in order to harvest a life-extending chemical from their blood.

But like many social media users in recent weeks, she had been drawn in by the latest QAnon outreach strategy.

QAnon first surfaced in 2017 with a series of anonymous posts on the internet forum 4chan claiming to reveal high-level government intelligence about crimes by top Democrats. It has since spawned one of the most disturbing and consequential conspiracy theory communities in modern history. Its followers have committed serious crimes, and its online vigilantes have made a sport of harassing and doxxing their perceived enemies. The F.B.I. has cited QAnon as a potential domestic terror threat, and social networks have begun trying to pull QAnon groups off their platforms. Dozens of QAnon-affiliated candidates are running for office this year. One of them, Marjorie Taylor Greene, won a primary runoff Tuesday for a House seat in Georgia, drawing a congratulatory tweet from Mr. Trump....
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:09 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/12/tech ... ticleShare

QAnon Followers Are Hijacking the #SaveTheChildren Movement
Fans of the pro-Trump conspiracy theory are clogging anti-trafficking hotlines, infiltrating Facebook groups and raising false fears about child exploitation.
Recently, an acquaintance posted a photo on her Instagram story showing a map of the United States, filled with bright red dots.

“This is not a map of Covid,” the caption read. “It is a map of human trafficking.”

Under the photo was a hashtag: #SaveTheChildren.

A few days later, I saw the same hashtag trending on Twitter. This time, it was being posted by followers of QAnon, the sprawling pro-Trump conspiracy theory. These people were also disturbed about human trafficking, but with a dark twist: Many of them believed that President Trump was on the verge of exposing “Pizzagate” or “Pedogate,” their terms for a global conspiracy involving a ring of Satan-worshiping, child-molesting criminals led by prominent Democrats.

My acquaintance is not a QAnon believer. And she certainly doesn’t think, as some QAnon adherents do, that Hillary Clinton and her cronies are kidnapping and eating children (yes, eating them) in order to harvest a life-extending chemical from their blood.

But like many social media users in recent weeks, she had been drawn in by the latest QAnon outreach strategy.

QAnon first surfaced in 2017 with a series of anonymous posts on the internet forum 4chan claiming to reveal high-level government intelligence about crimes by top Democrats. It has since spawned one of the most disturbing and consequential conspiracy theory communities in modern history. Its followers have committed serious crimes, and its online vigilantes have made a sport of harassing and doxxing their perceived enemies. The F.B.I. has cited QAnon as a potential domestic terror threat, and social networks have begun trying to pull QAnon groups off their platforms. Dozens of QAnon-affiliated candidates are running for office this year. One of them, Marjorie Taylor Greene, won a primary runoff Tuesday for a House seat in Georgia, drawing a congratulatory tweet from Mr. Trump....
these people are off their fucking rockers

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ng/610567/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“As parents, children, and employees rushed outside, many still chewing, Welch began to move through the restaurant, at one point attempting to use a butter knife to pry open a locked door, before giving up and firing several rounds from his rifle into the lock. Behind the door was a small computer-storage closet. This was not what he was expecting.“

Man, the symbolism...
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Welch grabbed his cellphone, a box of shotgun shells, and three loaded guns—a 9-mm AR-15 rifle, a six-shot .38‑caliber Colt revolver, and a shotgun—and hopped into his Toyota Prius.

I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i chuckled at that too