We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by Shirley »

Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 pm
Overlander wrote:I saw the video of her being shown the door.
Sure looks like LB has “enhanced” her upper body.
I saw it too, and had the same impression.
I had read this happened but didn't take it seriously, and then this video of Boebert being felt up by her boyfriend during the Beetlejuice play came up in my feed.

Full disclosure: I've always thought she came across like a refugee from a trailer park, a two-bit whore, (Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with either of those things, and she was chosen by the people of Colorado so...), but imo, this is pretty weird for a sitting member of congress. Which, sadly, is not to say that she doesn't fit right into the republican party these days.

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/stat ... 8117602353
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

trash
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I hadn't done that since I was... what... 15?

Good times.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Groomers.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:00 pm I hadn't done that since I was... what... 15?

Good times.
Maybe some people say they're so luscious, he couldn't be expected to control himself?

What's your excuse?
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

And... I hadn't noticed that.

(Whatever you do, don't watch her hands while he's succumbing to temptation in the video.)
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

^^^^^^^^
i mean, we shouldn’t really be surprised…it’s seemingly very trump-like behavior

birds of a feather
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:50 pm ^^^^^^^^
i mean, we shouldn’t really be surprised…it’s seemingly very trump-like behavior

birds of a feather
I've tried to resist buying into every rumor that comes out about her on a regular basis since she was first elected, figuring it's likely politically-motivated hyperbole. But, she seems to never disappoint. And, since so much of politics is not policy but performance these days, and considering that it doesn't appear her constituents put much value on decorum, she seems to want to give them what they, (at least used to), want.

The more I learn about her, the more convinced I am she would be Leawood's type.
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:43 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:50 pm ^^^^^^^^

birds of a feather
I've tried to resist buying into every rumor that comes out about her on a regular basis since she was first elected, figuring it's likely politically-motivated hyperbole. But, she seems to never disappoint. And, since so much of politics is not policy but performance these days, and considering that it doesn't appear her constituents put much value on decorum, she seems to want to give them what they, (at least used to), want.

The more I learn about her, the more convinced I am she would be Leawood's type.
Seems like the perfect Trump VP.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Joy Reid just now: "Boebert, the Sarah Palin of the western slope."
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Like Vivek, I don't pay much attention to Boebert, so I'm sure I've missed a lot, as evidenced by not knowing about much of what's in this Youtube video from ~ an hour ago. Lots of "stars" in this video, including pro boxing announcer Michael Buffer, of all people:

LeBron James DUNKS ON Lauren Boebert, Donald Trump
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:05 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:00 pm I hadn't done that since I was... what... 15?

Good times.
Maybe some people say they're so luscious, he couldn't be expected to control himself?

What's your excuse?
I was 15
Defense. Rebounds.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I guess I am the only one in full-fledged midlife crisis who is thinking "that's pretty awesome to still be doing that at that age"?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:25 pm I guess I am the only one in full-fledged midlife crisis who is thinking "that's pretty awesome to still be doing that at that age"?
Tell us Bobo, who at 36 is a grandmother, is on your lists of GILFs, without telling us she's on your list of GILFs...

Rep. Boebert apologizes for theater behavior

Sounds like she needs to enter rehab if she's having blackout episodes, because she says she "forgot she was vaping".

I believe her...
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:25 pm I guess I am the only one in full-fledged midlife crisis who is thinking "that's pretty awesome to still be doing that at that age"?
Mixed feelings. If you are an elected official with an already piss poor reputation it's really not a good look. Regardless if it is "pretty awesome" or not.

If they didn't care about their public behavior and how it would be perceived then I consider them to be amateurs.
Might as well have been having buttsecks. Right?
In all seriousness, I figure they were too stupid to realize or didn't care that they would probably be recorded either by a patron or security for their behavior. So..... Do they deserve kudos or condemnation? They are getting both.
As disgusting of a human being as she is, I am convinced 85%+ of straight males between the ages of 13 and 113 would love if that was them with her in a private setting.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

BREAKING NEWS: REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMEN DEBATE OVER WHO GETS TO SIT NEXT LAUREN BOEBERT AT THE NEXT STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:13 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:45 pm
Overlander wrote:I saw the video of her being shown the door.
Sure looks like LB has “enhanced” her upper body.
I saw it too, and had the same impression.
I had read this happened but didn't take it seriously, and then this video of Boebert being felt up by her boyfriend during the Beetlejuice play came up in my feed.

Full disclosure: I've always thought she came across like a refugee from a trailer park, a two-bit whore, (Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with either of those things, and she was chosen by the people of Colorado so...), but imo, this is pretty weird for a sitting member of congress. Which, sadly, is not to say that she doesn't fit right into the republican party these days.

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/stat ... 8117602353
Imagine the right-wing SEX PANIC!!! if this was AOC and a boyfriend...or, god-save-the-queen, a gay Democrat man and his boyfriend.

I have no beef with whatever Boebert and her boyfriend want to do in private. It is super, super trashy* and inappropriate to be doing that in public, pretty much anywhere except a bar or club (and even that would be kinda icky, if not quite this trashy).

But the only thing that really bothers me is the breathless indignation - the lying about eminently-provable things, the glossing-over of obviously-extant things.

The arrogance is Trumpian. And that sort of arrogance should be - regardless of party or politics - disqualifying.

* Waits patiently for MICH to make Fox News Uncle googly-eyes at Boebert.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Deep State is coming for…the Dilbert guy.

https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1703267 ... q_-8Yt1KMA