We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by ousdahl »

Pretty much.

To be fair, she said her biggest concern is religious freedom. She cited Christians being persecuted in Iraq or something.

When I said I consider “pro-life” to also be pro-healthcare, pro-health precautions during a pandemic, pro-BLM, pro-immigration reform, and also anti-war and anti-gun, among other things, it was met with no real concern, cuz life begins at conception, and who cares about 200,000+ preventable deaths and cops killing people of color and teenagers with assault rifles mowing down folks in the streets, cuz zygotes got rights too.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

It is wild that "pro life" people countenance human rights atrocities all the time.

And now the "LAW AND ORDER" candidate is willfully exposing Secret Service agents because he needed an ego boost.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

should probably go in the religion thread, but...

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/628792048
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:01 pm Are they a-holes or killers?

https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1313169823501877248
Both?

Did the Sweden model even work in Sweden or is that another myth?
Deleted User 89

Sweden has a total of 94k cases (0.009 % of total population)

daily positives are around 500

total deaths are just under 6k

their per capita death rate, though, is higher (36) than the US (27), and neighboring Denmark (9)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

mmm Sweden model

Deleted User 318

She has the same bronzer Trump does.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You’d think she could afford a better brand than that broke ass, considering she took Tiger to the cleaners
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:30 pm mmm Sweden model

i’d let her give me the ‘rona
Deleted User 318

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/1 ... ssion=true

I have always believed that anyone who votes against abortion should be exempt from any medical treatment that exists thanks to research done on fetal tissue that originated from abortions.

Fucking hypocrites.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Millions - millions! - are fevered with desire to tell women what to do with their bodies.
Deleted User 89

that’s a lobster/walrus post right there
Deleted User 310

Those people should be sedated and isolated. They are mentally ill.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Triggered eh, Illy. Contagious people are isolated in a pandemic numbnuts. And your argument Trump is always a raving manic lunatic is awesome too.
Deleted User 310

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:56 pm Triggered eh, Illy. Contagious people are isolated in a pandemic numbnuts. And your argument Trump is always a raving manic lunatic is awesome too.
They are not sedated and isolated against their will. They are asked to go home and stay there. Some listen. Others do not. People aren't arrested sedated and locked away if they don't listen. That just isn't how it works.

My dad's friend is currently at home with covid (has symptoms and is not doing very well, but not bad enough that he has taken himself to the hospital or called an ambulance to get him). Nobody forced him to go there(home) after his positive test. He isn't strapped to a bed. If he shares a bunch of fake news on facebook later nobody is coming to sedate/isolate/and inprison him against his will because he is "mentally ill".

Calling for the assassination of someone is illegal. If trump does that i am confident our law enforcement will quickly arrest him and he will "pay the price" for breaking the law.

...and last i saw trump hasn't been anywhere but the white house so far has he? That is where people "isolate", at their home.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:04 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:56 pm Triggered eh, Illy. Contagious people are isolated in a pandemic numbnuts. And your argument Trump is always a raving manic lunatic is awesome too.
They are not sedated and isolated against their will. They are asked to go home and stay there. Some listen. Others do not. People aren't arrested sedated and locked away if they don't listen. That just isn't how it works.

My dad's friend is currently at home with covid (has symptoms and is not doing very well, but not bad enough that he has taken himself to the hospital or called an ambulance to get him). Nobody forced him to go there(home) after his positive test. He isn't strapped to a bed. If he shares a bunch of fake news on facebook later nobody is coming to sedate/isolate/and inprison him against his will because he is "mentally ill".

Calling for the assassination of someone is illegal. If trump does that i am confident our law enforcement will quickly arrest him and he will "pay the price" for breaking the law.

...and last i saw trump hasn't been anywhere but the white house so far has he? That is where people "isolate", at their home.
More than 300 non-family members work at the house Trump is currently living in.

Zero non-family members work in the house I am currently living in.